PDA

View Full Version : That was the 2nd time I have heard the referee call Buffalo, New England

Michael82
08-22-2004, 04:41 PM
Johnny Grier needs to either get his eyes checked out, or retire and get the **** off the field. During one of the Bills timeouts, the head Ref, Grier called us New England. :shakeno:

He got a loud boo and then said, uh, I mean Buffalo. :cynic:

This is the 2nd time within the last 2 years that I have heard them call Buffalo, New England. I just want to know why. Is it Bledsoe or something else for the reason? :scratch:

The_Philster
08-22-2004, 04:43 PM
Johnny is usually one of the best refs out there..hopefully, it's not an indication of a deterioration in his skills.
But the Bledsoe thing could be a reason for it. :idunno:

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-22-2004, 04:48 PM
It is a Bledsoe thing.

RedEyE
08-22-2004, 04:50 PM
I think that the officials were obnoxious yesterday. IMO, they controlled the game rather than letting the players just play the game. Echols should have been kicked out if was truly involved in nearly every personal foul call on the field. He's a little cheap shot given *****.

They were calling holding on the Buffalo O-Line all stinking night and ignoring blatent holds from the Titans OL.

Michael82
08-22-2004, 04:54 PM
I think that the officials were obnoxious yesterday. IMO, they controlled the game rather than letting the players just play the game. Echols should have been kicked out if was truly involved in nearly every personal foul call on the field. He's a little cheap shot given *****.

They were calling holding on the Buffalo O-Line all stinking night and ignoring blatent holds from the Titans OL.

I totally agree. I was disgusted with how many personal fouls, un-necessary roughness calls there was. Let them play the damn game. There was way too many flags for my taste. :shakeno: WTF! It's football! It's supposed to be ROUGH!!!! :mad:

Novacane
08-22-2004, 04:56 PM
I totally agree. I was disgusted with how many personal fouls, un-necessary roughness calls there was. Let them play the damn game. There was way too many flags for my taste. :shakeno: WTF! It's football! It's supposed to be ROUGH!!!! :mad:

Not after the whistle is blown. Mularkey better get that through thier heads fast!

Michael82
08-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Johnny is usually one of the best refs out there..hopefully, it's not an indication of a deterioration in his skills.
I don't know what he was seeing, but there was a lot of bad calls and missed calls last night. I think Grier is losing it.

Novacane
Johnny Grier needs to either get his eyes checked out, or retire and get the **** off the field. During one of the many penalties against us, the head Ref, Grier called us New England. :shakeno:

He got a loud boo and then said, uh, I mean Buffalo. :cynic:

This is the 2nd time within the last 2 years that I have heard them call Buffalo, New England. I just want to know why. Is it Bledsoe or something else for the reason? :scratch:

test

Novacane
test

.20 if you are quoted

Michael82
08-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Not after the whistle is blown. Mularkey better get that through thier heads fast!
True. But how could they throw the flag on Shelton, when that ******* Titans player was all over Moulds and Shelton just went in there to protect our star receiver?

RedEyE
08-22-2004, 05:00 PM
The off-setting penalties is what was pissing me off even more. I might be wrong, but I swear they called off-setting penalties on every special teams play in the second half. Just stupid.

And what happened to the new rule the officials were suppose to be enforcing? The illegal contact rule within 5 yards. This rule obviously doesn't apply to Echols (sp?). He was all over our WRs all night. Especially Aiken.

TigerJ
08-22-2004, 05:29 PM
I didn't hear it, but if I had my reaction would have been to laugh, not get mad. It reminds me of an ad where a (baseball) umpire is virtually blind.

Michael82
08-22-2004, 05:29 PM
The off-setting penalties is what was pissing me off even more. I might be wrong, but I swear they called off-setting penalties on every special teams play in the second half. Just stupid.

And what happened to the new rule the officials were suppose to be enforcing? The illegal contact rule within 5 yards. This rule obviously doesn't apply to Echols (sp?). He was all over our WRs all night. Especially Aiken.
Look at all these damn ST penalties. :shakeno:

R.Lindell kicks 65 yards from BUF 30 to TEN 5. V.King to TEN 21 for 16 yards (T.McGee).
PENALTY on BUF-N.Clements, Low Block, 15 yards, enforced at TEN 21.

J.Nedney kicks 71 yards from TEN 30 to BUF -1. T.McGee to BUF 24 for 25 yards (A.Woolfolk).
PENALTY on TEN-D.Nickey, Offensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at TEN 30 - No Play.

J.Nedney kicks 66 yards from TEN 30 to BUF 4. T.McGee to TEN 11 for 85 yards (J.Rutledge).
PENALTY on TEN-J.Rutledge, Face Mask (15 Yards), 6 yards, enforced at TEN 11.

R.Lindell kicks 59 yards from BUF 30 to TEN 11. M.Waddell to TEN 22 for 11 yards (C.Coleman). Penalty on BUF-D.Stevenson, Personal Foul, offsetting. Penalty on TEN-J.Sandy, Illegal Block Above the Waist, offsetting. Penalty on TEN, Offensive Holding, offsetting, enforced at TEN 22.

(8:16) M.Shafer punts 41 yards to TEN 25, Center-J.Dorenbos, fair catch by M.Waddell.
PENALTY on TEN-R.Gardner, Invalid Fair Catch Signal, 5 yards, enforced at TEN 25.

J.Nedney kicks 66 yards from TEN 30 to BUF 4. J.Smith to BUF 33 for 29 yards (S.McGarrahan).
PENALTY on TEN-A.Grant, Offensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 33. Penalty marked off after return.
---------------------------
And you are right about Echols. He was all over Aiken, and a bunch of other receivers. I was surprised to see the flag not flying at that point too. :shakeno:

BTW, during the postgame show, they were saying that if all the penalties and non-calls were counted, there was over 30 penalties in the entire game. :cynic:

BAM
08-22-2004, 05:36 PM
I think it's awesome that we had 3 15 yard penalties on one play! It doesn't happn often! :bravo:

RedEyE
08-22-2004, 05:50 PM
Look at all these damn ST penalties. :shakeno:

R.Lindell kicks 65 yards from BUF 30 to TEN 5. V.King to TEN 21 for 16 yards (T.McGee).
PENALTY on BUF-N.Clements, Low Block, 15 yards, enforced at TEN 21.

J.Nedney kicks 71 yards from TEN 30 to BUF -1. T.McGee to BUF 24 for 25 yards (A.Woolfolk).
PENALTY on TEN-D.Nickey, Offensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at TEN 30 - No Play.

J.Nedney kicks 66 yards from TEN 30 to BUF 4. T.McGee to TEN 11 for 85 yards (J.Rutledge).
PENALTY on TEN-J.Rutledge, Face Mask (15 Yards), 6 yards, enforced at TEN 11.

R.Lindell kicks 59 yards from BUF 30 to TEN 11. M.Waddell to TEN 22 for 11 yards (C.Coleman). Penalty on BUF-D.Stevenson, Personal Foul, offsetting. Penalty on TEN-J.Sandy, Illegal Block Above the Waist, offsetting. Penalty on TEN, Offensive Holding, offsetting, enforced at TEN 22.

(8:16) M.Shafer punts 41 yards to TEN 25, Center-J.Dorenbos, fair catch by M.Waddell.
PENALTY on TEN-R.Gardner, Invalid Fair Catch Signal, 5 yards, enforced at TEN 25.

J.Nedney kicks 66 yards from TEN 30 to BUF 4. J.Smith to BUF 33 for 29 yards (S.McGarrahan).
PENALTY on TEN-A.Grant, Offensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 33. Penalty marked off after return.
---------------------------
And you are right about Echols. He was all over Aiken, and a bunch of other receivers. I was surprised to see the flag not flying at that point too. :shakeno:

BTW, during the postgame show, they were saying that if all the penalties and non-calls were counted, there was over 30 penalties in the entire game. :cynic:

Thanks for the clarification on the penalties Mikey. :up:

30 penalties is just ridiculous for a Pre Season game. :crazy:

Michael82
08-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the clarification on the penalties Mikey. :up:

30 penalties is just ridiculous for a Pre Season game. :crazy:
Agreed! It is nuts!

Mr. Cynical
08-22-2004, 06:08 PM

Sounds like a good reason to me....

Michael82
08-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Sounds like a good reason to me....
He's been on the Bills for over 2 years now. :shakeno: :mad:

G. Host
08-23-2004, 05:33 AM
I thought the Bills were as sloppy in the preseason game against Titans as the worst of Gregg Williams teams.

colin
08-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Grier sucks filthy ass

Bill Brasky
08-23-2004, 10:15 AM
I agree Mikey. The penalties got way out of control for a preseason game. It seemed like every other play there was a penalty which made the game just drag on.

I was totally confused when he said New England, I was like WTF.

And whoever was sitting in the sections where the wave was constantly brought back from death needed to be penalized for being assclowns!!