X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Keith Bullock on Travis Henry and Mcgahee

sorry.. no link.. i pulled this off of a message board.. and the guy didnt list a link.

Titans LB Keith Bulluck on Travis Henry: "He's the best running back they've got," Bulluck said. "I don't understand what the controversy's about. ... (McGahee) doesn't hit the hole as hard as Travis. To me, he didn't really pose the threat when he was back there. But he's a young back. He has time."

just thought i would share what one of the best LBs in the game right now thought.
    Last edited by Tatonka; 08-22-2004, 09:20 PM.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

When did we sign Bulluck? Sweet.

Byrd.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

lol.. i didnt notice that it does say Bills LB.. oh well.. i still thought it was a telling quote.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
        sorry.. no link.. i pulled this off of a message board.. and the guy didnt list a link.

Titans LB Keith Bulluck on Travis Henry: "He's the best running back they've got," Bulluck said. "I don't understand what the controversy's about. ... (McGahee) doesn't hit the hole as hard as Travis. To me, he didn't really pose the threat when he was back there. But he's a young back. He has time."

just thought i would share what one of the best LBs in the game right now thought.
        Well we might as well make this into a full blown controversy by letting WM start the entire first half against the Colts.. Then we can see what he can do against the starters.

Bulluck said WM "He didn't really pose the threat when he was back there" My question is about how many plays did WM face the Titans starters.

Another thing is that TH and WM have two different styles of running, Travis at 5'9 attempts to exploit and minor crease in the defense as soon as it begins to open then uses his strength and quickness to "Blow it up" and break the first defenders tackle..

Willis on the other hand has speed and patience to allow the run lanes to open up then he hits the opening and makes the Secondary defender totally miss and then attemps to bounce it to the outside or cut it up field.

With the difference in the styles for Bulluck to say that Henry hits the hole harder after only limited time playing against Willis really does make him sound like a "Travis Henry Fan".

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• BFBills
          "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
          • Oct 2002

:)
          "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

I read on another board that the Bills consider McGahee about 85% of where he was before his injury, and don't really plan on using him in the regular season until he's about 95%, which they figure will be about 6 weeks into the season. I don't have a link, and can't swear it's true, but if it were, it would certainly explain why McGahee hasn't been dominant thus far, and hopefully allay fears that this might be as good as he's gonna get.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
            X