PDA

View Full Version : I Am So Friggin Excited!!!

Tatonka
07-28-2002, 07:18 PM
i havent been this excited about a bills season in at least 10 years.. honestly.. not even in the end of the superbowl runs was i this pumped...

i have my fantasy draft on saturday, and my 3 keepers are Edge, Atrain, and Moulds...

first pick will be griese.. send pick is henry.. and i will blow a gasket if he goes before he gets back to me..

god i love football... and even more than that.. Bills football.. i am drooling just to see a preseason game..

HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS ARE WITH ME>>> FREAKING OUT FOR THE SEASON TO BEGIN!!!:afro:

Bufftp
07-28-2002, 07:30 PM
can't help but be pumped, the excitement is back!:clap:

The_Philster
07-28-2002, 07:31 PM
Same here...it's really gonna hit when NFL 2Night comes on Tuesday night ....then on Saturday when Kelly gets inducted!!!

Tom D
07-28-2002, 08:01 PM
Hit Church early, Catch Chris Berman at 11 on NFL Countdown!

bduff54
07-28-2002, 08:08 PM
me too tatonka. you know one thing that sucks though? Your fantasy team wil lbe useless if you ahve Griese as your first pick

LtBillsFan66
07-28-2002, 08:11 PM
I like the spirit Tatonka. I think a lot feel the same way. I know I do!!!

Tatonka
07-28-2002, 08:33 PM
Bduff, actally.. my first three picks are determined.. it is a keeper league.. theoretically, my first three picks are Edge, Anthony Thomas, and Moulds.. since they are my three keepers.. in essence, the draft is starting in the 4th round.. and i believe Griese will be one of the best QBs in the league this season.. so griese as a 4th round pick, i think is an incredible value.

Tatonka
07-28-2002, 08:38 PM
i am hoping bledsoe will be my primary back up about 4 picks later.. as everyone who has won in ff has had good luck or good back ups.. and i think drew will be a good back up.. or vick possibly (i am virginia tech alumni)

u want my sleepers for the season?
Henry (as most of you would agree)
Terry Glenn
Jonnie Morton
DeShawn Foster

bduff54
07-28-2002, 09:00 PM
i see, yeah he may not be bad in that spot

Novacane
07-28-2002, 09:04 PM
I agree with bduff on the Griese pick. If you really want the guy that bad take him after Henry. I would bet that Henry has a better chance of being gone when you pick than Griese does. Especially if you have other Bills fans in your league. If you do don't count on Bledsoe being there when you are targeting him either. I would bet Bledsoe goes before Griese.

Tatonka
07-28-2002, 09:36 PM
actually.. we got 4 teams without qbs as keepers.. so the top 4 qbs left are culpepper (going first), griese (me), brooks and mcnair..

Tatonka
07-28-2002, 09:37 PM
and i play league with no bills fan and they dont have any clue that henry is even the starter yet.

Tatonka
07-28-2002, 09:44 PM
btw, it is intreging to me that you dont see huge value in griese.. last year he had NO BODY to throw to or to run the ball with all the injuries..

this year.. he has rod smith, ed mccaffery, rob moore, ashley lelie, shannon sharp, desmond clarke, and terell davis..

that is alot of people that will produce and someone has to get them the ball.. he will be a top 5 qb in my opinion.

Earthquake Enyart
07-29-2002, 08:32 AM
I'd take Brooks out of the crowd you mentioned.
Henry makes me nervous. And he can't catch.

blcny
07-29-2002, 09:03 AM
I'd think twice about Griese, he burned me last year in fantasy football. If you think you can get Bledsoe, I'd go with him over Griese. Griese doesn't have that many options. Moore is over the hill, McCaffery is coming off a severly busted leg, Sharp is getting old, Lelie hasn't played a down in the NFL yet, Davis is done he won't last a month. That leaves you with Smith and Clarke. That's what he had last year, and he sucked. Not trying to put you down, but he burned me bad last year. Just want to save you from the pain I went through last year. Good Luck

The Shadow
07-29-2002, 09:35 AM
Griese sucked last year (losing McCaffery really hurt him), but I had him the year before and he tore the league up. You gotta think he's motivated this year with reports out of Denver saying if he stinks it up again this year that he may be shown the door.

William Green should be Cleveland's primary back this year. There's your sleeper over DeShawn Foster.

Tatonka
07-29-2002, 01:33 PM
i dont consider WIlliam green a sleeper as most any fantasy board has him going fairly early.. that is kinda like calling Tomlinson a sleeper last year.. everyone knew he was gonna be the primary back.. but i do believe he will do well

as for griese.. he will do well.. and he has more options and a better offense than bledsoe.. if td gets hurt again.. they have 2 other 1000 yard backs in the stables..

mccaffery has done nothing to show he is slowing down, and is recovered from his leg completely.. that is like saying that Ostroski cant play on the line this year cuz he had a broken leg last year..

injuries happen, and my belief is denver had MORE than their fair share of them last year, and will rebound nicely.. griese was in a no win situation last year, but as shadow said , he TORE IT UP the prior year.. i have had him since he has been a starter, and while disappointed in the way last year went (i had mccaffery too! sucks for me) i have won a championship with griese at the helm of my FF team.. so i am going to stick with him..

brooks is holding out.. lost a good running back and is replacing him with a completely unproven back (mccalister), lost his favorite target in Green (wr that just signed in atlanta), and his offensive line is not as strong after trading away Roaf, ... ad that to the fact that his defense isnt as good either, and i see possible disaster for Brooks fans and owners.. he was a big disappointment last year too.. my league penalizes you for turnovers and brooks threw like 3 picks a game several times last year.. taht erases 1.5 tds in my league.. so i will go with my gut here.

griese is my man..

ps.. to say henry cant catch is purely uninformed, as you have NO proof that he cant.. all u can say is he HASNT caught the ball much yet. i think that changes this year.

The_Philster
07-29-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I'd take Brooks out of the crowd you mentioned.
Henry makes me nervous. And he can't catch.

Didn't anyone learn from Antowain? A guy can't catch the ball unless it's thrown to him.....

lordofgun
07-29-2002, 03:40 PM
NO WAY I take Brooks. The guy hasn't proved anything. WAY overrated, IMO.

John from Hemet
07-29-2002, 03:42 PM
The winds of change definately seem to be in the air...and you can feel them.....

I was very happy when int he offseason we were able to get Lonon Fletcher, Tre Teague, Billy Jenkins, and Robinson from the Titans

I was absolutley giddy when the bills finally broke down and got another dominant offensive line player to go with Rueben Brown and Jonas Jennings.....

and then I heard about the Drew Bledsoe trade....

I never allowed myself to beleive that a Bledsoe trade was REALLY possible because I never thought we would be willing to give up the multiple number one picks it would take to get a leader, cannon armed, multiple probowl, super bowl experienced QB like Bledsoe....I was expecting Jeff Blake

and as a sat and watched Drew Bledsoe and Jim Kelly shaking hands side by side....I knew that something very special was about to happen to the Buffalo Bills.....Drew Bledsoe to date is the only quarterback WORTHY of standing side by side with Jim Kelly.......and they stand as virtual equals....you got the aura of their presence as they stood there.....these guys are great, great, football players.....the old lion and the young lion........(well...mature young lion)

This team is going to do one of the greatest 180's in NFL history...that was the feeling I was left with......

lordofgun
07-29-2002, 03:48 PM
Did you get that off NFL films??? NICELY STATED!

Tatonka
07-29-2002, 04:03 PM
yes.. nicely put.. i really cant see how any fan can complain at all about the past offseason.. i see people saying DLINE.. SAFETY!! blah blah blah.. how much can u really expect from ONE offseason.. we will be competetive if not dominate THIS season.. if someone steps up at dline and safety we look so tight..
MAN I AM FIRED UP!

ps.. LOG.. what do you think of Griese? just out of curiousity? since we agree on brookes.

BigMike68
07-29-2002, 04:23 PM
Tatonka i couldnt of said it better myself those are my exact feelings this is gonna be the most fun in a season in a long long time.

Sabre Ally
07-29-2002, 08:01 PM
Wow John, you even have me excited about the season.....I only wish the Sabres would do something like this.

lordofgun
07-29-2002, 08:05 PM
Griese will light it up this year as long as he stays healthy (just like every other fantasy player on earth, he won't help you if he's injured.)

I don't get how people could say he's gonna stink this year. He has a stable of capable backs (a couple of which could be more than capable), R. Smith and McCaffrey (who said he is feeling GREAT on the radio today), and possibly the best tight end combo in the league with Sharpe and Clark. Weapons=big numbers.

That's my take on Griese. He's underrated nearly every year. Last year before McCaffrey went down, they were marching down the field as if there was NO defense on the field. I see that happening again this year.

Tatonka
07-29-2002, 10:33 PM
preach on brother.. i agree completely...

BillsNYC
07-30-2002, 03:46 PM
take a cold shower...

blcny
07-31-2002, 12:43 PM
'mccaffery has done nothing to show he is slowing down, and is recovered from his leg completely.. that is like saying that Ostroski cant play on the line this year cuz he had a broken leg last year..'

But Ostroski did not break his leg like Mccaffery(in half) Mccaffery's break is a lot harder to recover from. If he losses some of his speed, he not that good of a reciever. That's my take. I would take griese over brooks any day. My point was Bledsoe will have a better year then Griese.

Tatonka
07-31-2002, 07:44 PM
/chimes in..

in case you missed all of mccaffery's career, he has NEVER been fast.. he is a big physical receiver that gets the ball in the red zone... he is their best possesion guy... they use him in red zone situations due to the fact that he is a great blocker.. one of the best in the league imho...

i just drafted griese btw... and am completely content with it.. and i believe i will be able to get bledsoe as my back up in about 4 more rounds... i just dont want to go home team too much.. as henry will be my 3rd RB, behind Atrain and Edge. and moulds is my #1 WR... so the only one i have to depend on is moulds, but i may end up trading him, as i dont want too many bills.. he was one of my keepers on accident, because the site shut down earlier than i realized..

imho again, i think you throw last year out the window when referring to the broncos offense... rb injuries all year long, every single wr on their roster was injuried, including rod smith, who played on 2 bad ankles.

look at grieses stat 2 years ago.. 10 games played before seperating his shoulder... 2600yrds.. 19 td, 4 picks, 1 rushing td.. that is number one in the league in ANY league ... he is a good qb who had some bad luck and a bad situation last year.. you can take that to the bank