PDA

View Full Version : Let's not be too down yet...

Mr. Miyagi
11-04-2002, 08:17 AM
I think this point of view has already been taken, but I'd like to give it another look:

Yes, we lost a big game to New England. We should've, could've, would've won it and be 6-3 going into a bye week. Yes that would've been really nice. Drew didn't get his revenge, everyone is upset. WE LOST AT HOME.

But...

We are still legitimately second place in the division, only a half game behind the Dolphins if they lose to the Packers tonight. After the bye week, we face a bunch of good teams but all of them definitely winnable games. In the remaining 7 games in the season, if we go 4-3, we'll have a record of 9-7. In this division, 9-7 could very well take it. Here's the schedule for Miami and New England:

Miami Dolphins
@ Green Bay
@ NY Jets
vs Baltimore
vs San Diego
@ Buffalo
vs Chicago
vs Oakland
@ Minnesota
@ New England

They could easily go 3-6 in the remaining games, giving them a 8-8 record.

New England Patriots
@ Chicago
@ Oakland
vs Minnesota
@ Detroit
vs Buffalo
@ Tennessee
vs NY Jets
vs Miami

They could go 4-4, giving them a 8-8 record as well.

In these scenerios, if we go 4-3 for the rest of the season, we could take the division title and be in the playoffs.

Don't be discouraged at this point. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Novacane
11-04-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanStuckInWisc

Don't be discouraged at this point. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not discouraged, I'm PO'd! The D coach's are not learning! I can handle loosing but I can't handle it when the coach's make the same mistakes over and over and over.

Gray should be gone today.

Mr. Miyagi
11-04-2002, 09:20 AM
LOL Maybe we can bring back Wade Phillips next year? He's doing well with the D in Atlanta... :D

Novacane
11-04-2002, 09:26 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Wade is one of those guys that is a good DC but not good at the Head job. Gilbride is the same IMO. A good cooridnator but not good HC. I don't want him as our HC.

I

Novacane
11-04-2002, 09:28 AM
One thing about Wade. At least the Bills were good on the side of the ball that was his expertise. He was just not a good leader.

Defense is supposed to be GW's specialty too? I don't see it.

Mr. Miyagi
11-04-2002, 09:55 AM
I know. I meant to say bring back Fat Wade as a DC. I doubt it'll ever happen due to the ***** he went through with Ol' Ralph. But he would be a great DC for this team. I mean, who else does anyone have in mind for DC? I think GW will keep his job, so will Gilbride. But we need a proven DC.

Cntrygal
11-04-2002, 08:49 PM
Nice postive post BFSIW!!! :up:

WG
11-04-2002, 09:04 PM
"...if we go 4-3..."

Yeah, and if Marcus Robinson turns into Ray Lewis...

We can forget the rest of this season. As to schedules, the Phins are hanging tough v. the Pack right now in G.B., scoreless in the 2nd. FAR more than I expected. The Pats should easily beat Chicago, Minn., Detroit, us, and the Titans and take 1 or 2 of their other three to finish out the year. Meanwhile, we get to play three of the teams that just finished dusting them again.

We cannot beat the Pack, K.C., or N.E. all on the road. The coaching, (if there is any) is way too inept for wins v. those teams. S.D. and Miami at home will be tough to win if Miami's injuries are healed and if S.D. doesn't sustain any. That leaves the Jets on the road and Cincy at home. Who knows w/ Cincy, but if they play like they did yesterday, they can easily beat us. I see no reason why even Cincy w/ Dillon cannot put up 30+ against us. We're not good on D. The Jets w/ a healthy Martin and a revived passing game can easily beat us as they did w/ no team early on.

Let's face it y'all, we suck. We've beaten three teams that are now 2-6 and another that is 3-5 along w/ a depleted Miami team that IMO we would not have had a chance against if healthy.

Our coaching is the real issue and it's as pathetic as anything I've ever seen in the NFL. Truly. It really sucks! Williams, Gray, and particularly Gilbride got taken to school yesterday. To think that we're gonna win in N.E. is laughable.

We will be lucky to win more than a game or two going forward I'm sorry to say. Unfortunately, our schedule is pretty much done w/ the 2-6 teams. Now it's on to playoff teams where we'll be lucky to beat one of them w/ only a passing game that we use in games.

WG
11-04-2002, 09:05 PM
Oh, yeah, Gilbride is an idiot and a fool!

I had to get that off of my chest. :D

Cntrygal
11-04-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
We cannot beat the Pack, K.C., or N.E. all on the road. The coaching, (if there is any) is way too inept for wins v. those teams. S.D. and Miami at home will be tough to win if Miami's injuries are healed and if S.D. doesn't sustain any. That leaves the Jets on the road and Cincy at home. Who knows w/ Cincy, but if they play like they did yesterday, they can easily beat us. I see no reason why even Cincy w/ Dillon cannot put up 30+ against us. We're not good on D. The Jets w/ a healthy Martin and a revived passing game can easily beat us as they did w/ no team early on.

Well, hell... why am I wasting my time even watching. Those of you that go to the games can stop wasting money.... We have no chance on winning anything. Maybe we should just go ahead and put us down for 5-11. Bring on the draft! Woohooo!! Hmmm.. Next year maybe we can be 8-8.... what teams do you think we'll beat in '03? How about '04? If you can go ahead and let me know, I'll be able to get alot of stuff done instead of wasting all this time on this predictable sport.

Thanks.

ArcticWildMan
11-04-2002, 09:17 PM
How is Gilbride the bad guy in this? :scratch:

We were playing catchup from the beginning thanks to our defense (or lack there of). I saw some critical dropped passes by Price and Moulds. I saw a TD throw disqualified that may or may have not been a TD. I saw a kicker who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn try to kick field goals. And I saw an offensive line that was confused by a look that has never been seen before in the NFL.

Blame Gray and GW all you want, but to blame Gilbride is ignorant and misplaced. It has been his play calling up to now that has even made it possible for us to have a winning record.