PDA

View Full Version : Extend GW's contract

Novacane
11-04-2002, 09:19 AM
They are talking on the radio about GW. They said since he will only have 1 year left on his contract TD either has to extend the contract or get rid of him.

Agree? Why can't he go into the final year as a prove it or loose it year?

clumping platelets
11-04-2002, 09:43 AM
I say it would be a HUGE mistake to change the coaching staff. Bills are 5-4 and had the first bad loss of the year. TD needs to give GW more talent on defense to work with before rash judgements are made. GW is bound to make mistakes and needs to learn from them.

I vote for continuity

Novacane
11-04-2002, 09:49 AM
Thats fine Clump. But should TD give him an extension? No way! He has not earned it. I don't understand why people say you can't let your coach go into a final year of his contract or it will show the players you don't have confidence in him.

clumping platelets
11-04-2002, 10:13 AM
Not now. Wait until next season to make that determination

TacklingDummy
11-04-2002, 10:47 AM
Besides the '84 Chicago Bears has any other team ever won a Super Bowl using the 46 defense?

Ebenezer
11-04-2002, 10:49 AM
He's under contract....leave it that way...no extention!

Judge
11-04-2002, 11:47 AM
There's no need to extend, unless the Bills make the playoffs this year. Then it would be worth the effort to add 1-2 years onto his deal.

Earthquake Enyart
11-04-2002, 12:17 PM
2 years is more than enough time to decide....to get rid of him. The Bears let Jauron have 2 bad years, can an OC (Crowton now HC at BYU), then go into year 3 without an extension. The Bears made the playoffs in an incredibly lucky season. Jauron got his new contract, now they suck and he will probably get canned this off season (Nick Saban from LSU will get the job, you heard it here first). The Bears will be on the hook for 2-3 more years.

GW has had enough time. His time is up. I just hope Gilbride doesn't get promoted.

Rebecky
11-04-2002, 01:25 PM
What's the logic of saying Buffalo either has to extend his contract or get rid of him? Why would it be unwise to let him work out the third year of his contract then decide? I don't get it.

Typ0
11-04-2002, 01:36 PM
Clump:

I don't see anyone doing any learning. We are still seeing the same boneheaded gametime decisions and a failure to properly execute a running attack. That 4th down 15 yard punt was the final straw for me. I say send him down the road he's not going to take us anywhere when he is clearly screwing us with his gametime decisions and fitting the players into his system instead of developing a system for our players.

Rebecky:

I think the idea is the players lose confidence in the coach if they don't know he is going to be around more in the long term.

Novacane
11-04-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Rebecky
What's the logic of saying Buffalo either has to extend his contract or get rid of him? Why would it be unwise to let him work out the third year of his contract then decide? I don't get it.

Radio guys were trying to make the point that the players would know he was a lame duck and not play for him.

Halbert
11-04-2002, 03:25 PM
I think GW is going to be a top-notch coach. He's got some things to fix but he's maturing rapidly and is already providing much more positive than negative.

I think they will easily give him next year to finish what they've started. I also think next years team will be a legitimate SB contender and there will even be some talk about GW as coach of the year.