PDA

View Full Version : LOOK AT THESE STATS! Gilbride should be taken out back and shot.

lordofgun
11-04-2002, 09:35 AM
Patriots D: 2nd against pass, 29th against run

Drew Bledsoe: 46 pass attempts

Travis Henry: 11 carries for 53 yards @ 4.8 YPC

<hr>

11 carries?? We stopped running as soon as we were down by 7 points. Sure, we can blame the defense, but what the heck is up with Gilbride's insistence on passing?? Don't you have to look at what will work best for you game to game?

clumping platelets
11-04-2002, 09:38 AM
henry was taken out of the gameplan once we were down 17-0. Bills were still in the game until that frickin punt

clump :spanku: GW

Novacane
11-04-2002, 09:51 AM
We had to pass once we got down 24-7. That punt definately ruined our game plan.

Mr. Miyagi
11-04-2002, 09:53 AM
Hell, we got right back into the game at halftime with 17-7. 10 points is nothing. The Bungals could've come back with 10 points. I agree, Henry should've been used more often. The Pats run D isn't the best. I think Gilbride wanted to let Bledsoe air it out for personal reasons....

lordofgun
11-04-2002, 09:54 AM
We stopped running a lot earlier than that. I don't consider 1 run every 5 passes as a running game.

Go to NFL.com and look at the play by play. It's crystal clear.

Novacane
11-04-2002, 10:03 AM
I'm not so sure he has faith in Henry not to fumble. I can't blame him. I hold my breath every time Henry touches the ball!

Phins054
11-04-2002, 10:14 AM
No...the problem is with Gilbride...I mean the guy was one of the first to use the Run and shoot O...(I don't know why the word RUN is in it though) which is a predominantly passing offense. KG wants to throw and he has the perfect passing QB for his system. When he was running the O in Houston I think he had 1 1000yd runner. His O is designed to put points on the board, not control the TOP, which actually is ideal if trying to come from behind. NE made a blueprint for stopping Bledsoe and I bet the next few teams you play are going to be watching that game film...

TacklingDummy
11-04-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Phins054
His O is designed to put points on the board, not control the TOP,

Wasn't Houstons offense 1 of the top TOP teams when they used the run & shoot?

JJamezz
11-04-2002, 10:34 AM
Phins is right... We didn't abandon the run when it was 7-0, 17-0 - we did it sometime back in the spring when they hired Gilbride. These are the reasons Buddy R. popped him in the mouth way back when.

As great as our O has looked at times, KG is too in love w/ the Bledsoe's arm. You're just not supposed to PASS on every 3rd and 1, its ridiculous. I thought I was going to pass out when he actually called that sneak yesterday on 4th and inches.

I find it funny too, that some people are calling for GW's head and want KG to replace him - PUH-LEEEAAASSSEEE!!!

TacklingDummy
11-04-2002, 10:44 AM
Given the choice between GW or KG i would choose KG.
In 2 years GW has done nothing for this team. HIS defense is giving up 29.6 points per game.

To quote Deion Sanders " The Bills defense is terrible."

Novacane
11-04-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy

To quote Deion Sanders &quot; The Bills defense is terrible.&quot;

I hate it when that arrogant @$$ is right. He thinks he a genius because he states the obvious

Phins054
11-04-2002, 10:59 AM

Wasn't Houstons offense 1 of the top TOP teams when they used the run &amp; shoot?

I don't believe so but they were high on the list in scoring. The premise of the run and shoot is to have 4 WRs 1 RB and 0 TEs. since you have pretty much all recievers out in patterns either the RB stays in for pass protection or is a reciever too. This means quick outs and curls because the QB can not stay back for too long. It is also hard to run the ball without having an extra blocker on the line or in the backfield. It sorta helps with the spread WRs but still you would need a FB type of runner like Craig Heyward or Gary Brown (Houstons 1000yd runner) to have any type of effective rushing attack.

casdhf
11-04-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

I hate it when that arrogant @$$ is right. He thinks he a genius because he states the obvious

TD or Deion?

Novacane
11-04-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by casdhf

TD or Deion?

Deion! I would never call TD an arrogant @$$:bigwave:

TacklingDummy
11-04-2002, 11:29 AM
PUNKS!!!:hammeru:

lordofgun
11-04-2002, 11:31 AM
To quote Deion Sanders &quot; The Bills defense is terrible.&quot;

You quoted Deion??? :eek:

:banned:

colin
11-04-2002, 12:04 PM
We really did give up the run way too early, but we have had some great days running the ball this year.

GW needs to be the guy who reigns in KG and says "Run the ball more suckah!". He is the head coach after all.

LOG, 1 run for 5 passes is just terrible, especially when NE is great against the pass and crap against the run. We fell for the same trap STL did against the faketriots.

Earthquake Enyart
11-04-2002, 12:11 PM
I never liked Gilbride. Anybody who blows a 32 point lead should never be a coordinator again.

He's like the kid with too many toys to play with and doesn't know what to do with them all.

Buddy Ryan punched him for a reason.

Phins054
11-04-2002, 04:56 PM
Gillbride didn't give up the 32 point lead...that would be the D coordinator ( I don't think it was Ryan at that time ). And of course the players should be embarrased too. I remember that in the 3rd qtr Houston picked off a pass and returned it for a TD. Houston looked like they were on a roll until Reich came in and hooked up with Andre Reed...

BillsOwnAll
11-04-2002, 07:44 PM
r definse blows at least winfield is comeing back cuz waston sure screwed us sunday he let like 2 of those screens turn big for td's

Typ0
11-04-2002, 07:46 PM
definately Winfield is the best linebacker we have.

shelby
11-04-2002, 07:56 PM
Wire....8-4-0
Fletcher...6-4-0

i just don't understand it!!!
:huh: