PDA

View Full Version : Let JP start this week

L.A. Playa
08-23-2004, 03:39 PM
Lets see how ready and how close he is against the first string, wouldnt hurt if Drew went down this year plus having Drew play against 2nd and 3rd stringers may help his confidence

DraftBoy
08-23-2004, 03:51 PM
I agree

ryven
08-23-2004, 03:53 PM
couldn't hurt none

The Spaz
08-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Drew is the starter why the hell would you put him behind a 2nd team o-line with 2nd team WR's. QB's need to spend a lot of time with their 1st team to get there timing with the WR's vice versa.

Typ0
08-23-2004, 03:56 PM
couldn't hurt none

Yes I think it could. The first team needs to play and get used to each other. They need to start the game together and learn to get in a rhythm. They need to build their stamina together leading up to opening day. That is a big part of what the pre season is about...why would we comprimise that?

The Spaz
08-23-2004, 03:57 PM
Yes I think it could. The first team needs to play and get used to each other. They need to start the game together and learn to get in a rhythm. They need to build their stamina together leading up to opening day. That is a big part of what the pre season is about...why would we comprimise that?

Exactly.:up::beers:

Ebenezer
08-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Lets see how ready and how close he is against the first string, wouldnt hurt if Drew went down this year plus having Drew play against 2nd and 3rd stringers may help his confidence
DB and the 1st team need to work together but I would have no problem with Losman getting time...just watching him though...he is NOT ready for the 1st team

Mr. Cynical
08-23-2004, 04:02 PM
I agree with the first part of this. I want to see him with the 1st O to see what he can do at this point. IMO, if he shines, he should start. I know that's not reality as they would never backtrack on their 1000000% public committment to Drew. Nevertheless, I would still like to see him with the 1st O.

That Guy
08-23-2004, 04:06 PM
If they can give Travis Brown time with the 1st O, why can't they with Losman? He's the future, he's the first round pick, and I have a feeling that if Bledsoe were to go down later in the year, Losman would end up being his replacement.

Iehoshua
08-23-2004, 04:06 PM
I'd love to see JP get a start. Too bad it won't happen.

Mr. Cynical
08-23-2004, 04:25 PM
I'd love to see JP get a start. Too bad it won't happen.Love your sig Darth. Unfortunatly it looks like "The Future is Next Year". :(

Crisis
08-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Drew gets killed enough behind the 1st-string OL, he'd be dead if we put him in with the 2nd-string.

Iehoshua
08-23-2004, 04:30 PM
Love your sig Darth. Unfortunatly it looks like "The Future is Next Year". :(

Thanks and yeah most likely next year, but I still hold true to my belief. If we want to see this team get anywhere, it will not be with Bledsoe. If he proves me wrong, great! I hope he does, just doesn't seem in the cards.

saviorbledsoe
08-23-2004, 04:49 PM
The 3rd preseason game is the one that is most representing a real game. 1st string is in almost 3 full quarters. Let JP start the 4th game if any.

illusionone
08-23-2004, 04:53 PM
It's pointless to debate, b/c it just wont happen, but JP could stay in the pocket for 3 seconds with out running around, and that was with the 2nd and 3rd string. Put him with the 1st team and he'll be dead. I can't understand why you would want to put the bills qb of the future into a situation when he clearly isn't ready....I have said it before and i'll continue to say it, QB's are not meant to run, it's pass 1st run second..JP seems to think the opposite, IMHO, my grade for JP is a C, he needs to drop back and throw the ball.

L.A. Playa
08-23-2004, 05:16 PM
Then just give Drew next week off let JP start with the first team lets see what we have just in case of emergency for later in the year or who knows maybe the offense will run better with JP in there based on last years stats(and I beleive most of the debacle was bad coaching) a rookie JP cant be any worse than what we saw on the field last year, the flip side is look how Carson Palmer skewed up the feared Patriots 1st team defence afte sitting a full year, I just think if Drew stinks up the place after the first couple games use the bye week to install JP as the starter and let the chips falll where they may

illusionone
08-23-2004, 05:46 PM
JP is clearly far behind Carson Palmer, Drew and the first offense did a good job saturday night. We are going to win with Drew, not because of him, we are finally in a position where we understand that. So far the way JP is playing, running around like a crazy man, he is trying to do too much, and mark my words, he will get hurt (i.e. Vick last year)

Bled2Hen
08-23-2004, 05:53 PM
hey hey hey!! guess what!?!? NO!

BAM
08-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Bad idea. Drew starts.

naugem
08-23-2004, 05:58 PM
If they do that, and JP does well, we'd have a quarterback "controversy" too, so I don't think that will happen.

The_Philster
08-23-2004, 06:14 PM
:jawdrop: Ok...someone please tell me I'm not the only one who got freaked out when he saw that avatar

EDS
08-23-2004, 06:15 PM
It would be nice to see JP in with the starters but he is not ready to start a game in the NFL. People may not like Drew but right now he is the best option for the Bills and gives them the best chance to win a game. I for one am willing to give him the benefit of playing a few games this year before denigrating him.

Dozerdog
08-23-2004, 06:16 PM
IF you wanted to waste valuable preseason time with your 3rd string QB then do it in the "throw away" game- game 4. Game 3 is widely regarded as the most important-where the starters get their most playing time together- even up to a half.

Game 4 is played on a short week, most of the time is second string time with guys who are fighting for the final 10 spots. Put in JP on the third Buffalo drive

Marvelous
08-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Am i the only one who thinks Drew makes horrible decisions, and invites pressure? Man i'm for Travis Brown at this point, atleast we can see bad passes be the reason we are punting instead of the always collapsing pocket...

Mr. Cynical
08-24-2004, 12:25 AM
Am i the only one who thinks Drew makes horrible decisions, and invites pressure?
No, you have some company in that thinking. :smile:

Marvelous
08-24-2004, 12:30 AM
I'm not trying to be a hater but i swear i get that "here we go" feeling again watching Bledsoe..

Mr. Cynical
08-24-2004, 12:33 AM
I'm not trying to be a hater but i swear i get that "here we go" feeling again watching Bledsoe..
I hear you man. I get that same feeling. Unfortunately you get called a hater whenever you criticize a player more than others. Oh well. :idunno:

TedMock
08-24-2004, 08:22 AM
I'm not 100% confident at this point, but Drew's actually played solid so far. I know it's preseason, so it's all taken with a grain of salt. As of now, though, he hasn't done anything (this year) to validate the bad decisions philosophy. If he has a bad game here and there, I'm okay with it. However, if it becomes consistant I'll start worrying.

Jan Reimers
08-24-2004, 08:42 AM
How the Hell is the first team EVER going to be ready if we start our third string QB in the key preseason game, the one that is used to gauge our progress and determine what still has to be done?

We have two new people on the O- line, a rookie WR who we are working in to a starting spot, a new FB and a tandem of running backs that we are trying to use as efficiently as possible. We have very little time to make this offense gel. Drew and the rest of the starters need all the time on the field that they can get.

justasportsfan
08-24-2004, 08:44 AM
I'd rather Brown play with the first team. He is our no. 2 should anything happen to Drew.

illusionone
08-24-2004, 11:36 AM
I agree with J.A.S.F. If anybody should go in it should be Brown, until JP claims the #2 spot