PDA

View Full Version : Pats refuse to pay Law $106K bonus

The Spaz
08-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Pats coach Bill Belichick has denied approval of a $106,000 offseason workouts bonus earned by cornerback Ty Law, according to the Boston Herald.

Neither Belichick nor Law has commented publicly about the refusal to honor a bonus that's written into the cornerback's contract, but the newspaper reported that Law walked out of training camp for several days while his representatives met with team officials to discuss the matter.

Law returned to practice Thursday, while negotiations continue.

The Herald reported that Law came to camp in excellent shape, though he trained in Florida rather than in Foxboro.

Though most players' contracts include incentive bonuses in the range of $6,000 for their taking part in weight training and conditioning programs in the offseason, Law's contract stipulated $106,000, the highest on the team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1865866

Michael82
08-24-2004, 08:11 AM
hmmmm....I'll be keeping an eye on this... :snicker:

:scratch:

don137
08-24-2004, 08:53 AM
One of these days this kind of stuff BB pulls is going to blow up in his face. He treats these players like dirt..

Marino13Phins
08-24-2004, 09:00 AM
One of these days this kind of stuff BB pulls is going to blow up in his face. He treats these players like dirt..

He told me I had to pay for the amount of isle space I walked down to get to my seat last year when the phish played the pats. :mad:

ryven
08-24-2004, 01:36 PM
I can almost forsee the same thing to law as what happened to milloy.

The Spaz
08-24-2004, 01:38 PM
I can almost forsee the same thing to law as what happened to milloy.

Dude WTF it says your less popular than Rob Johnson. :doh: :funny:

Crisis
08-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Pats coach Bill Belichick has denied approval of a $106,000 offseason workouts bonus earned by cornerback Ty Law, according to the Boston Herald.

Neither Belichick nor Law has commented publicly about the refusal to honor a bonus that's written into the cornerback's contract, but the newspaper reported that Law walked out of training camp for several days while his representatives met with team officials to discuss the matter.

Law returned to practice Thursday, while negotiations continue.

The Herald reported that Law came to camp in excellent shape, though he trained in Florida rather than in Foxboro.

Though most players' contracts include incentive bonuses in the range of $6,000 for their taking part in weight training and conditioning programs in the offseason, Law's contract stipulated $106,000, the highest on the team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1865866

I hope Law walks out on the Pats.

Dude WTF it says your less popular than Rob Johnson.

Have you seen mine? :mad:

The Spaz
08-24-2004, 01:45 PM
I hope Law walks out on the Pats.

Have you seen mine? :mad:

Damn man. :crazy: