X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Mcgee #1CB Vincent to FS next year

I'm big on McGee and i think he is showing some early signs of being a playmaker. The kid just has a knack for making good decisions. The reason i say #1 CB is because i see Clements getting burned by stop & go's more then a lil bit ... And i say Vincent to FS 100% because of what the raiders did with Woodson. + Vincent has awesome hands and overall intercepting awareness.
    Man i can't wait for a playmaker FS.
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor
  • BADTHINGSMAN
    • Oct 2002

I too like McGee, Its good to now that if Vincent or Clements gets winded there is a solid back up in McGee..

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Sippio
      I'm big on McGee and i think he is showing some early signs of being a playmaker. The kid just has a knack for making good decisions. The reason i say #1 CB is because i see Clements getting burned by stop & go's more then a lil bit ... And i say Vincent to FS 100% because of what the raiders did with Woodson. + Vincent has awesome hands and overall intercepting awareness.
      Man i can't wait for a playmaker FS.

I agree wioth you on McGee, but just of note.... Rod Woodson was a FS LONG before he went to Oakland. He moved there after hurting his knee when he was a CB with Pitts... he played FS for several years in Baltimore too.

Vincent will be a great FS someday, but as long as he is a great CB he is more valuable there. Between McGee and Baker (who i think will start at FS someday, hopefully soon) we have some very interesting young secondary players.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
        • Sep 2003

I would like to see us lock him up for a few more years! Did he sign a 3 or 4 year deal?

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

kevin thomas has been excellent this preseason too.. even with a broken hand and big ass cast.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
            kevin thomas has been excellent this preseason too.. even with a broken hand and big ass cast.
            I agree. Both McGahee and Thomas were excellent Saturday night. As far as moving Vincent to FS and McGee to starting CB, it may be a little late in camp to make this change. It would weaken as in multiple CB sets, as Thomas would have to move to the nickel and probably a rookie (Greer?) would have to take over the dime.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• buffmaniac
              • May 2003

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
              Between McGee and Baker (who i think will start at FS someday, hopefully soon) we have some very interesting young secondary players.
              Yeah I agree. You can throw Thomas in there too. Those 3 guys look like they can be big time play-makers. When you mix that kind of youth with some quality veterans like Vincent and Milloy and a very talented Clements as well you have a pretty solid secondary. I definitely think this secondary will be getting a lot more Ints this year.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I don't know that Clements is as bad as you suggest, but otherwise, I agree with your post. McGee looks like a big time CB. Kevin T homas is right there too. I think cornerback has turned into a real strength for the team with not only solid starters, but excellent depth.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Marvelous
                  • Feb 2004

I like Clements and i wear hi jersey on sundays but i think he goes for the big play too much at times. We had a few lucky plays last year with #22 where the pass was overthrown and #22 was clearly burnt mainly stop & go's....
                  GO BILLS!!! NE
                  Magical Trevor

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                    • Jul 2002

I like Clements and i wear hi jersey on sundays but i think he goes for the big play too much at times. We had a few lucky plays last year with #22 where the pass was overthrown and #22 was clearly burnt mainly stop & go's....
                    Every CB will get burnt from time to time. You're comparing McGee (who's seen very little action) to Clements (who started the last few years). Clements is fine! He's also been lights out in camp (from what I hear) and in the two PS games (from what I saw).

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      I agree. Both McGahee and Thomas were excellent Saturday night. As far as moving Vincent to FS and McGee to starting CB, it may be a little late in camp to make this change. It would weaken as in multiple CB sets, as Thomas would have to move to the nickel and probably a rookie (Greer?) would have to take over the dime.
                      I'd be willing to experiment for about one week next year...those moves just don't always work...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Marvelous
                        • Feb 2004

I'm basing my Clements comments on what i saw last season. It's one thing to get beat by speed or a good jump by the wr but i saw some madison like confusion...
                        GO BILLS!!! NE
                        Magical Trevor

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                          • Jul 2002

I'm basing my Clements comments on what i saw last season. It's one thing to get beat by speed or a good jump by the wr but i saw some madison like confusion...
                          I gotcha. There are very few elite CB's in the history of football that never get burnt. Most, even the better ones, get burned from time to time. I think Clements is a very good CB.

Comment

• Marvelous
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by billsfanone
                            I think Clements is a very good CB.
                            I agree. I'm gonna get of the Clements hate and focus on Drew
                            GO BILLS!!! NE
                            Magical Trevor

Comment

Working...
                            X