PDA

View Full Version : Somethin I disagree with in the game....

WCoastFin
11-04-2002, 11:26 AM
Why the heck did McGinest get a flag for flattening Bledsoe to the ground!? That was no way near a penalty, Bledsoe is a big guy and he was not down nor was he trying to go down...McGinest had to bring him down any way he could!:hammer:

P.S.I dont wish injury on anybody, but if he was going to get a flag for that call, he might as well had brought him down harder and make it well worth that first down!

:machgun: that penalty flag

clumping platelets
11-04-2002, 11:28 AM
You are wrong! He picked him up and drove him into the turf. That will get a flag all the time and rightfully so.

Judge
11-04-2002, 11:28 AM
That was a clear penalty. Body slams of a QB are not permitted. Totally uncalled for by McGinest.

Novacane
11-04-2002, 11:29 AM
You would have agreed with that call if he had done that to Feidler. This is not the WWF. No need for body slams!

Ebenezer
11-04-2002, 11:30 AM
By rule it is a penalty...plain and simple...As was the hit by Vinatieri out of bounds...they just decided not to call that one.

WCoastFin
11-04-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
You are wrong! He picked him up and drove him into the turf. That will get a flag all the time and rightfully so.

he did not pick him up...he drove him to the ground....what was he supposed to do to a QB that big? hug him nicely and easily lay him on the floor? this is football for crying out loud!!!

Novacane
11-04-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
As was the hit by Vinatieri out of bounds...they just decided not to call that one.

Because he is a pansy kicker they let it go.

northernbillfan
11-04-2002, 12:13 PM
He got the penalty, after the whistle was blown and the play was dead. The body slam came after they ruled the QB was not going anywhere. Play over, let go of Drew.

Mr. Miyagi
11-04-2002, 12:41 PM
I'd like to see what you say when Lucas gets slammed to the ground tonight. Maybe he'll even cry. LOL

justasportsfan
11-04-2002, 12:50 PM
Both ref's and analysts agree with that call. Only WCF disagree's . He's probably the only one in the world who disagrees. Not even finfnas at finheaven agrees with him either.Go figure.

wharfrat
11-04-2002, 01:48 PM
I did see that play on the highlight reel... I don't think he was trying to hurt him, but I don't disagree with the call either.... I would have wanted a flag if that were Feidler/Lucas.... It was unecessary, but I don't think (from what I saw on the replay) it was malicious...

venis2k1
11-04-2002, 02:08 PM
thank god we got that call, without it, we would have been shut out.

The_Philster
11-04-2002, 03:53 PM
I think it was borderline but a basically good call. I'm just wondering why more flags weren't thrown. Dick Hantak's crew is usually the second-most heavy-handed flag throwers in the league....after Terry McAulay's

WCoastFin
11-04-2002, 04:26 PM
sheesh, the refs names and all, I think there's more NFL fanatics out there than just me...Props to Philster for knowing his refs.

SABURZFAN
11-04-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
Why the heck did McGinest get a flag for flattening Bledsoe to the ground!? That was no way near a penalty, Bledsoe is a big guy and he was not down nor was he trying to go down...McGinest had to bring him down any way he could!:hammer:

P.S.I dont wish injury on anybody, but if he was going to get a flag for that call, he might as well had brought him down harder and make it well worth that first down!

:machgun: that penalty flag

my..my...my...how the FISH fans can be so blind.if that was Dumbo,you would've been emailing g.washington for disciplinary actions.

SABURZFAN
11-04-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets

thank you clump.

SABURZFAN
11-04-2002, 04:51 PM

he did not pick him up...he drove him to the ground....what was he supposed to do to a QB that big? hug him nicely and easily lay him on the floor? this is football for crying out loud!!!

Oy Vey!!!!!

The_Philster
11-04-2002, 04:59 PM
sheesh, the refs names and all, I think there's more NFL fanatics out there than just me...Props to Philster for knowing his refs.

You get used to who calls what after a while. Red Cashion was always a fun ref but he was before I really got into it as far as knowing how refs called certain things. When I get my Gameday at the Fieldhouse every home game, the first thing I look for is who the officials are. I remember telling a number of people it was going to be a long game yesterday which is why I was wondering why more flags weren't tossed. Hantak is always heavy-handed. His crew called the Bills-49ers matchup in 1998...22 penalties for San Fran, 13 for us. Terry McAulay is the only one more heavy-handed than Hantak....he was the official who threw the flag for pass interference on the Hail Mary back in 98 in Foxboro. He got promoted to ref last year.