X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nodnarb
    • Jun 2004

It's no surprise that JP is hurt

I don't like that there hasn't been ANY talk of him needing to learn how to SLIDE like a quarterback is supposed to do. He puts his head down into linebackers.

Stupid. He's lucky his spine hasn't merged into his neck yet. No reporter has asked the question about his dangerous form, and no coach has brought it up.

I don't like that. This was just a matter of time. It's probably a fractured fibula, and we won't see him play any more this year. (mop up in games later in the season perhaps). When you can't put weight on a leg, it's not a sprain...it's probably a bone issue. Perhaps not unlike Vick's injury.

Let's hope not.
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

Agreed.

I think he'll learn to slide now.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
      • Jul 2002

I agree. It's an ankle injury, according to WGR (to both Jennings and Losman) which is a good sign, way better than a knee. I would assume that Losman was hotdogging it, and likely deserved it, but that doesn't mean you hit the quarterback. Frankly, the way it is being reported now, is probably not how it happened. For all we know, Losman could have stumbled into TV.

Comment

• nodnarb
        • Jun 2004

if it's an ankle, then i admit i'm a little relieved, but again, "bad ankle news" can be just as bad as anything. As long as it's not broken, we can breathe a little easy. Broken ankles can be dicey....and difficult to heal...and they can linger...

but let's be optimistic. Let's say he rolled his ankle and will be fine by sunday.

Comment

• Samphin1
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by nodnarb
          if it's an ankle, then i admit i'm a little relieved, but again, "bad ankle news" can be just as bad as anything. As long as it's not broken, we can breathe a little easy. Broken ankles can be dicey....and difficult to heal...and they can linger...

but let's be optimistic. Let's say he rolled his ankle and will be fine by sunday.
          Actually, if it comes down to a sprain or a broken ankle, you almost want it to be a broken ankle. Sprained ankles can take longer and be more painful long term than broken ankles.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Samphin1
            Actually, if it comes down to a sprain or a broken ankle, you almost want it to be a broken ankle. Sprained ankles can take longer and be more painful long term than broken ankles.
            The difference is probably 8-12 weeks difference.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

he will learn to go out of bounds.. or he will be just like rob johnson.. and figure out what the term "concussion" means.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                he will learn to go out of bounds.. or he will be just like rob johnson.. and figure out what the term "concussion" means.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                X