PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I saw of the JP Losman injury from the stands

Michael82
08-24-2004, 06:07 PM
JP Losman faked the handoff to the RB, and then ran a bootleg. He was going downfield towards the sideline and Troy Vincent was right there, in front of him. It looked like Vincent hit him with his shoulders and it wasn't purposely. I will say right now...Vincent was NOT intentionally trying to hurt him, and wasn't trying to hit him hard. It was just the way he hit him. They wore pads and there was a LOT of hard hitting. After the play, JP Losman got up and limped a little bit and then the training staff came over and worked his leg, and ankle. They picked him up and loaded him onto the cart. One more thing...

When Losman was down, Troy Vincent stayed with him for a while and wanted to make sure he was okay, plus was telling him how sorry he was. He stayed with him, until the cart came.

IHateTheDullphins
08-24-2004, 06:10 PM
sounds better than I thought. Hope it's nothing big.

The Spaz
08-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Go to BB.com and go to audio Vincent explains the play.

Tatonka
08-24-2004, 06:29 PM
it is nothing.. he will be fine.

:up:

Michael82
08-24-2004, 06:40 PM
I think he either sprained his ankle or he pulled some muscle.

Michael82
08-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Here's a pic...

Michael82
08-24-2004, 06:58 PM
Here's two more...

The Spaz
08-24-2004, 06:59 PM
ESPN just reported that it's a broken leg!:down::cry:

Jayhawk
08-24-2004, 06:59 PM
ESPN RADIO is reporting that he's out 2 months

Billsouth
08-24-2004, 08:10 PM
wtf,

WHAT HAPPENED TO STAYING OFF OF THE QB??

if he is going to be out 8 weeks than we might as well place him on pup list (like mcgahee if we can) or injured reserve. at least we can save a roster spot

Mad Bomber
08-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Ouch.... a broken leg.

Can you say Michael Vick?

See ya next year, JP.

Dozerdog
08-24-2004, 08:21 PM
If I were JP I'd ***** to my union representative.......

...................oh wait- that would be Troy Vincent

Michael82
08-24-2004, 08:25 PM
If I were JP I'd ***** to my union representative.......

...................oh wait- that would be Troy Vincent
:rofl:

Sabre Ally
08-24-2004, 08:25 PM
:sadwalk:

Marvelous
08-24-2004, 08:38 PM
Not as bad as i first thought. But again Red Jersey means NO TOUCHEY

Are the coaches supposed to blow the whistle when a QB dips and would normaly get hit?

casdhf
08-24-2004, 08:40 PM
I know a guy that sold Troy Vincent a dog.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-24-2004, 08:56 PM
From Bills E-news

J.P. Losman Out
Rookie QB J.P. Losman has suffered a broken leg and will be out indefinitely. Such injuries typically require a recovery time of 8-12 weeks. Losman went down during 11-on-11 action with 25 minutes left in practice and was helped into a cart and driven off to the locker room. The first-round draft pick was injured when he made contact with Troy Vincent while he was finishing up a run to the right side during a two-minute drill. More>> http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2688

This sounds like it's not TV fault it sounds like Losman's

"I was running and keeping him from going out of bounds and he was cutting back and our shoulder pads just barely grazed on his cutback," said Vincent. "At the same time he was planted I think our shoulder pads met."

"I don't think anything was intentional," Mularkey said. "I think it was accident out on the field. Troy is not going to hurt anybody and J.P. loosened up at the end. You can't do that."

"I had finished the play and I hadn't realized that he had fallen," Vincent said. "He had said that he caught the edge of my shoulder pads on my cutback and he had got twisted up on the ground. I just wanted to make sure he was ok."

"He's an aggressive guy," said Vincent. "Over time with maturity he'll learn. J.P. plays on edge and he'll learn to slide. In this particular practice today it wasn't a live drill. It was a two-minute situation and the last people we want to hit are the quarterbacks. We know red jerseys are not allowed."

ShadowHawk7
08-24-2004, 11:19 PM
TV is one of the classiest players ever, no way he'd do that intentionally. My question is, is it a ankle pull/sprain/break, or is it a broken leg? An ankle problem would prolly be a lot better than a broken leg.

Michael82
08-25-2004, 07:53 AM
TV is one of the classiest players ever, no way he'd do that intentionally. My question is, is it a ankle pull/sprain/break, or is it a broken leg? An ankle problem would prolly be a lot better than a broken leg.

I totally agree. and anyone who says otherwise is just out to cause trouble. :shakeno:

It was a broken leg.

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 07:58 AM
JP Losman faked the handoff to the RB, and then ran a bootleg. He was going downfield towards the sideline and Troy Vincent was right there, in front of him. It looked like Vincent hit him with his shoulders and it wasn't purposely. I will say right now...Vincent was NOT intentionally trying to hurt him, and wasn't trying to hit him hard. It was just the way he hit him. They wore pads and there was a LOT of hard hitting. After the play, JP Losman got up and limped a little bit and then the training staff came over and worked his leg, and ankle. They picked him up and loaded him onto the cart. One more thing...

When Losman was down, Troy Vincent stayed with him for a while and wanted to make sure he was okay, plus was telling him how sorry he was. He stayed with him, until the cart came.
According to Paul Hamilton TV walked away from Losman and never went near him until they carted him off...

justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 08:00 AM
I hope Vincent doesn't sften up because of the incident. Lay those hits come regular season.

Michael82
08-25-2004, 08:04 AM
According to Paul Hamilton TV walked away from Losman and never went near him until they carted him off...
That's a bunch of bull****!

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 08:10 AM
um...no offense but his credibility goes a long way in this town...

Michael82
08-25-2004, 08:13 AM

Actually, Jeff Morrison's goes longer. Jeff never said any of this **** and did not make it like it was all on Troy Vincent. Like I said before...WGR and Paul Hamilton just love to start controversy. It's good for the ratings. :shakeno:

justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 08:14 AM
Eb, you don't trust Mikey?

Don't let his glasses fool you, he spotted a hot chick wearing thongs all the way on the oher side of the field at camp.

Michael82
08-25-2004, 08:15 AM
Eb, you don't trust Mikey?

Don't let his glasses fool you, he spotted a hot chick wearing thongs all the way on the oher side of the field at camp.
:rofl:

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 08:17 AM
well Mikey, your pic does show Vincent walking over to him...but there is nobody else in the pic and the coaches and trainers were already there...tells me he walked away and did not go back "right away"...

Michael82
08-25-2004, 08:22 AM
After he realized that Losman was on the ground, Troy Vincent was shaking his head and went over to him to make sure he was okay and apologize. I don't believe the media exaggeration. I believe it was an accident and it was either a heat of the moment thing...Vincent was really pumped up that day and was making some real nice plays and hits. Or it was just what they said....Losman was trying to get out of bounds to stop the clock and Vincent was in his way.

justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 08:26 AM
Mikey's credibility would've been better than Hamilton's if he didn't pull that Moulds prank.

I'd believe Mikey over TD himself :up:

PS can I borrow your car this weekend? Going to Toronto.

Tatonka
08-25-2004, 08:47 AM

does mikey's crediblity mean nothing? mikey watched the whole thing.

it seems like your intent on stirring up **** this morning, EB.. that is the top 4 threads i have read on the board.. and you are bring up what one reporter said on all of them..

maybe a mod could just combined them all so i dont have to read the crap?

Michael82
08-25-2004, 09:27 AM
does mikey's crediblity mean nothing? mikey watched the whole thing.

it seems like your intent on stirring up **** this morning, EB.. that is the top 4 threads i have read on the board.. and you are bring up what one reporter said on all of them..

maybe a mod could just combined them all so i dont have to read the crap?
The only thing I will say is...I was about 15-20 yards away from the play. But then again, I don't think Hamilton was sitting on the sidelines. He was over in the VIP area at the endzone. I still say, it's just another classic example of media exaggeration, to raise some sagging WGR ratings.

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 09:34 AM
The only thing I will say is...I was about 15-20 yards away from the play. But then again, I don't think Hamilton was sitting on the sidelines. He was over in the VIP area at the endzone. I still say, it's just another classic example of media exaggeration, to raise some sagging WGR ratings.
WGR does not have sagging ratings...and even if they did they are the only sports talk in town and they have the same advertisers as everybody else...

FTG
08-25-2004, 09:38 AM
Actually, Jeff Morrison's goes longer. Jeff never said any of this **** and did not make it like it was all on Troy Vincent. Like I said before...WGR and Paul Hamilton just love to start controversy. It's good for the ratings. :shakeno:

I'm calling Howard Simons show this afternoon when Jeff is on. I'm gonna ask him if he thought it was "an accident"

Michael82
08-25-2004, 09:44 AM
I'm calling Howard Simons show this afternoon when Jeff is on. I'm gonna ask him if he thought it was "an accident"
Good idea! :up:

Simon's show blows away WGR's afternoon show with Mike Schopp and the Bulldog.

carybillsfan
08-25-2004, 09:50 AM
Why are all you guys trying to point blame on someone. It's nobody's fault it was just one of those things that happens sometimes people get hurt. With a mobile qb like JP it was bound to happen at some point hopefully he'll learn to slide or get out of bounds next time. No big deal, at least this will stop all the maybe JP should start next preseason game stuff, and let focus on what needs to be done, getting Drew in synch and hopefully hitting the season at full speed.

Cliff Klaven
08-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Why are all you guys trying to point blame on someone. It's nobody's fault it was just one of those things that happens sometimes people get hurt. With a mobile qb like JP it was bound to happen at some point hopefully he'll learn to slide or get out of bounds next time. No big deal, at least this will stop all the maybe JP should start next preseason game stuff, and let focus on what needs to be done, getting Drew in synch and hopefully hitting the season at full speed.
This whole thing reminds me of the so called accident at the 1984 Mailman's Ball? Like, I was suppose to know that the Postmaster General really had a wooden leg.

superbills
08-25-2004, 11:32 AM
This whole thing reminds me of the so called accident at the 1984 Mailman's Ball? Like, I was suppose to know that the Postmaster General really had a wooden leg.

Post of the year Cliffy.

:funny: :roflmao: