Trey Teague is our starting center apparently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Trey Teague is our starting center apparently?

"With Williams and the rest of the team in camp, the Bills unveiled what is expected to be their new offensive line which will feature newly acquired free agent tackle Trey Teague at center and former starting right tackle Jonas Jennings on the left side."

part of this article...

Is this a typo? if so, then this is big news to me
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Buffarama
    Football-Sport of the Gods
    • Jul 2002

Well thats what I call news, and not a bad idea either. Whether it's accurate or not we'll soon find out. Paying Teague 2.5 million to play center is a bit of suprise though.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i really didnt mind conaty at center.. i would almost rather have him there than teague and save the money for sam adams.. but whatever.. as long as drew can throw and henry can smashmouth =)
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jeff1220
        H to the 12:20
        • Jul 2002

Jonas and Big Mike are a couple of tackles to be excited about! Reuben and Jerry O playing the OG spots and Trey on C...I never would have thought a year ago that the Buffalo O-line would be one of the strong spots in 2002!

Comment

• Buffarama
          Football-Sport of the Gods
          • Jul 2002

Two studs on the D line next year, and one more for depth on the O line, and I'll give you a Super Bowl Ring.
          3 players away.....
          THREE

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

I love the enthusiasm, Jeff. But hold off getting TOO excited until they can play together as a unit. They look good on paper but that means nothing right now. The Redskins looked great on paper a few years ago and Norv Turner lost his job midway through that season. the Buffalo Destroyers looked like one of the most powerful teams in the Arena League before the season.....but they couldn't put it together consistently and were eliminated in the first round.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

a lot of things can happen between now and the 1st day of the season.we have a couple players who can play several positions.i wouldn't etch anything in stone yet.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                Expert on Experts
                • Jul 2002

it's about time. I like jennings at tackle and teague at center a lot better. I hope it stays this way

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

Look for Williams and Jennings to switch next year as well. Hehe...

Sounds like a great OL to me and makes perfect sense.

Jennings, Brown, Teague, Os, Williams

Next year Williams and Jennings switch. Talk about bookends!

WOW! That's 700 lbs. of athleticism at the Ts!!!
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

I think Big Mike and Jennings switch this year, not next. You can't spend that much money for a right tackle.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                      • Jul 2002

I am beggining to wish we never signed Teague.....Conanty could have done fine at C again. I'm not so sure we need much depth because our o-lineman are so versatile IMO. Reguardless, it does sound like the makings for a good o-line but The Philster is right, they need to jell.
                      Its all about the quest.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

Conaty would have been an OK C, but Teague may be an exceptional C. It's a position that's very underrated in its importance. Think Kent Hull.

Comment

• BuffaloBalls
                          Safety Manager
                          • Jul 2002

Conaty was a functional center at best. Great calling the line changes, tough as nails. He is just not nasty enough.

Teague has all the tools to be an exceptional center. As for LT, Jennings did not allow a sack as a rookie. He has earned the spot. Teague allowed several sacks on Greise last year.

Let's see if Williams proves as dominating in his rookie year before we start talking LT. Let him get used to the speed of the game.

This is going to be an awesome oline.

Comment

• TedMock
                            • Jul 2002

Don't forget that Teague was an all american Center at Tennessee. He'll be just fine and I'm sure he can call the line signals as well as or better than any other center we have.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                              • Jul 2002

I think he will do just fine, but I'm not sosure he is much of an upgrade over Conanty. That's all. I think the $$$ could have been spent a little better.
                              Its all about the quest.

Comment

Working...
                              X