PDA

View Full Version : Home Field DIS-Advantage

northernbillfan
11-04-2002, 01:52 PM
What has happened to the Bills when playing at home?

We seem to have lost the edge of home field advantage. Last season we won only 1 home game, Carolina, and this year we are 2-2 at home, beating only the pathetic Lions and Bears.

In the last 3 seasons we are 8-12 on home turf. We need to change that, as the Ralph was once feared, by opponents.

Typ0
11-04-2002, 01:55 PM
Doug Flutie happened to our home field advantage. The fans he brought in were outrageously stupid and didn't care about the team. They drove away the real fans who haven't come back and the crowds are now lame.

northernbillfan
11-04-2002, 02:00 PM
:lol:

4thAndLong
11-04-2002, 03:07 PM
The friggin turf. Who wants to play on that crap?

I dont care if looks nice, players get smashed into that concrete crap. Get rid of it and put some real grass in there. It's football, not baseball.

wharfrat
11-04-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong
The friggin turf. Who wants to play on that crap?

I dont care if looks nice, players get smashed into that concrete crap. Get rid of it and put some real grass in there. It's football, not baseball.

I think most stadiums should take that advice... :up:

BillyT92679
11-04-2002, 05:41 PM
It's weird. I think the Bills will go 5-3 or 6-2 on the road (depending on the Chiefs game) but at best the Bills will go 5-3 at home. They just seem to play more tentatively at the Ralph.

Jman
11-04-2002, 07:19 PM
I heard somthing on the local news about this fake grass stuff, not turf, not grass, it's fake grass. From what I remember they said it is just as forgiving as normal grass, but it cant be dug and torn up.

Jeff's pick:up:

4thAndLong
11-04-2002, 07:22 PM
Yeah, its field turf.

They have that stuff installed in the pratice facility and are seeing how it withstands the winter. Ralph might put it in the Ralph.

Ford Field and Reliant Stadium has this stuff I think. So does Seahawk Stadium.

BillsOwnAll
11-04-2002, 07:26 PM
turf sux it just cuases more injuries y did they even put that in i love watching those classic mud puddle games in the snow/rain