• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Great thought to ponder regarding the Stadium

With all the teams in the league nowadays pressing for new, up-to-date stadiums, how much longer do you think The Ralph will stick around? It's one of the oldest stadiums in the league. Or do you think it will be one of those stadiums that people will want to see stick around and they'll just keep renovating it?
    Last edited by Bill Brasky; 08-25-2004, 09:36 AM.
  • FTG
    • Aug 2004

hundreds of millions just went into upgrading the Ralph. It should be good for years
    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I love the Ralph. It has a lot more character than Ravens Stadium, for instance, which is a new but personality-less purple bowl. It is also better than Giants Stadium, which is another place with no character.

With the renovations 6 years ago, it has plenty of premium seats - an absolute must in today's world - plus the upscale clubs, more restrooms, better concessions and other amenities. I think it's good for quite a while.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

All I want to see is at least 1 WIDESCREEN jumbotron. Our Jumbotron SUCKS!

Ravens Stadium's jumbotrons kick ass!

Also... I wouldnt mind an audio revamp. If the wind is blowing at all, you cannot hear the announcer!

I think they should have speakers placed through the stadiums, not just way at the top!

Comment

• Voltron
          • Jul 2002

When watching the "Sounds of the game" on NFL network Mike Shanahan was kind of complaining about the visitor locker rooms. He said something like "Gather round as best as you can in this locker room” I have to say the locker rooms do look cramped. Most of the locker rooms I have seen in the NFL are very large with all the lockers on the out side walls. Ours seems to have a few different locker areas and no large "team area" where the teams can gather before the game and during half time.
          Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
          - Mark Twain

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Pride

Also... I wouldnt mind an audio revamp. If the wind is blowing at all, you cannot hear the announcer!

I think they should have speakers placed through the stadiums, not just way at the top!

I agree. Id like to see 2 widescreen jumbo trons like the ravens or eagles. as for the visiting locker room.....LET the visitors stay cramped!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Voltron
              When watching the "Sounds of the game" on NFL network Mike Shanahan was kind of complaining about the visitor locker rooms. He said something like "Gather round as best as you can in this locker room” I have to say the locker rooms do look cramped. Most of the locker rooms I have seen in the NFL are very large with all the lockers on the out side walls. Ours seems to have a few different locker areas and no large "team area" where the teams can gather before the game and during half time.
              Good, I don't want other teams to feel comfortable.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Voltron
                No offense, but who cares what the VISITOR'S locker room is like? As long as the home one is better.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                  • Jun 2003

I was at the phillies stadium earlyier this year...The jumbotron was amazing. CRYSTAL clear.
                  www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• elltrain22
                    • Sep 2003

I don't think we have anything to worry about.
                    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by elltrain22
                      I don't think we have anything to worry about.
                      I agree....this state or area does not have money for a new one...keep this one in good shape and let it become the Wrigley of the NFL.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                        • Aug 2004

I don't think that Ralph needs to be cast aside, but a Ealges video board would be cool. Plus the home lockeroom I would make as big and spacious as possible
                        http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride

The speakers at the top of the stadium is horrible...you are either too close or too far away.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                            • Jun 2003

Last edited by Michael82; 08-27-2004, 04:42 AM.
                            www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• G. Host
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2002

The Jumbotron at the Ralph is showing its age. There are several spots where the image does not show and you just get black spots. Very visible this year when I went to training camp. I think they need one on other end of field as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X