PDA

View Full Version : The Frustrating Thing Is...

superbills
08-25-2004, 12:10 PM
With WGR as the only sports radio outfit in town, we the fans get jilted out of reliable, unbiased sports coverage. It's gotten to the point that I don't even listen anymore, save for Shopp and the Bulldog on the drive home, occasionally. Even then, you are subjected to Jerry Sullivan's droning and whining and Paul Hamilton's slanted takes on what he thinks he sees while munching on a cheeseburger at camp.

With WNSA in town, at least there was an alternative. While I wanted to take a tack hammer to the heads of a few of the personalities over there, their beat reporters were generally more in tune with what was really going on at camp and not interested in over hyping stories just to sound cool and controversial.

So, the moral of the story is, Mikey, we're all counting on you! (No pressure. Just let me know if you need to borrow my car). Seriously though, Mikey's camp reports and photos are great, and I'm glad there is someone dedicated enough to put the time in to get us a decent report on what really went on at camp, football wise. I could care less about players' feelings for each other. I'm tired of hearing about their feelings are hurt by Losman's cockiness or that Troy Vincent is out to get our rookie quarterback because he won't get out of the way or about our fat-ass third overall pick who's too damn lazy to get on a friggin treadmill in the off-season. Enough's enough. It's getting to the point with this nonsense that I feel like I'm tuning in to some crap-ass reality show on the Lifetime network, "The Fisher Chronicles...The Feelings of NFL Football Camp." Save it. I want to hear about guys getting fired up for Jacksonville in week one. It's Mularkey's job to diffuse all of this panty-waste garbage and have these guys focused on football. I think he'll get it done, but the media is not helping matters any.

Earthquake Enyart
08-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Great post. :up:

Now :fat: get your ass out of bed.