PDA

View Full Version : So?? What happens if the headline says...

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Troy Vincent hit Jim Kelly; Kelly out with broken leg

Think people would be screaming for Vincent's head?? I do.

and trust me if it had been:

Rashad Baker hits Jim Kelly; Kelly out with broken leg people would have been screaming for Baker's head on a platter...

Pride
08-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Depends... was Jim Kelly sprinting down the field in 11 on 11 drills? Doubtful!

It is different if Losman is standing in the pocket, but he was scrambling and beyond the LOScrimmage!

FTG
08-25-2004, 02:17 PM
for all those who are saying Paul Hamilton was just trying to stir the pot.......................Jim Kelly, filling in for Howard Simon is ripping Vincent worse than the WGR guys are. Kelly is one of the most respected journalists in Buffalo so spare me the "he's just trying to make a controvery" crap!

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 02:18 PM
for all those who are saying Paul Hamilton was just trying to stir the pot.......................Jim Kelly, filling in for Howard Simon is ripping Vincent worse than the WGR guys are. Kelly is one of the most respected journalists in Buffalo so spare me the "he's just trying to make a controvery" crap!

Seems to be quite a few that like the conspiracy theory.

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 02:18 PM

It is different if Losman is standing in the pocket, but he was scrambling and beyond the LOScrimmage!
I don't care if Kelly was in the pocket, scrambling down-field on 11 on 11 drills or making coffee...the result is what mattered...

FTG
08-25-2004, 02:19 PM

Big freaking deal. You don't touch a red jersey. You guys that are saying it's ok if he runs are full of ****

Ebenezer
:bf1:

FTG
Seems to be quite a few that like the conspiracy theory.
He's more respected then your beloved Jeff Morrison :rolleyes:

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 02:26 PM
He's more respected then your beloved Jeff Morrison :rolleyes:

Who the **** said he was beloved? I said he holds more water than Hamilton. Besides Kelly knows no more about this situation than you or me or anyone else on this board it's his opinions has no facts so spare me.

FTG
08-25-2004, 02:28 PM
. Besides Kelly knows no more about this situation than you or me or anyone else on this board it's his opinions has no facts so spare me.
And you know that for a fact? Of course . Spaz knows all! You're as bad as the homers at finheaven.

Crisis
08-25-2004, 02:30 PM
So what should Vincent let Losman do on the play? run over him? run right past him?

FTG
08-25-2004, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=The Spaz]Who the **** said he was beloved? I said he holds more water than Hamilton. QUOTE]

And kelly holds more water than both those 2 combined ever will. You don't hit a red jersey...period. Vincent made a mistake. Heaven forbid we admit a Buffalo Bill did something wrong :rolleyes:

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 02:32 PM
And you know that for a fact? Of course . Spaz knows all! You're as bad as the homers at finheaven.

Hey smart guy has Kelly said he has seen tape or hav eheard from insider sources what really happened, No I don't ****ing think so shove that up your ass! :yap:

FTG
08-25-2004, 02:34 PM
No I don't ****ing think so shove that up your ass! :yap:
and you're a mod :rolleyes:

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 02:36 PM
and you're a mod :rolleyes:

Come on tough guy answer my question.

FTG
08-25-2004, 02:39 PM
Come on tough guy answer my question.I'm not even gonna debate you anymore. You're supposed to be a mod trying to keep the conversations civil around here and you can't keep your cool and resort to shove it up your ass as a response? Can tell you're 18:up:

FTG
08-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Can tell they're desparate for free labor

Charlieguide
08-25-2004, 02:40 PM
WHY are we on our THIRD posting of the same topic? This is unbelieveable. People get hurt in practice . . . as evidenced around the league this preseason. All of you that are so eager to lay blame should wait until the coaches WHO WERE THERE take action.

And move on to something else, for God's sake!

Tatonka
08-25-2004, 02:41 PM
hey.. lets start 5 more threads about troy bumping into losman and losman falling funny and breaking his leg..

i will start a new one now.

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 02:41 PM
I'm not even gonna debate you anymore. You're supposed to be a mod trying to keep the conversations civil around here and you can't keep your cool and resort to shove it up your ass as a response? Can tell you're 18:up:

Ok I'm cool now answer the question. Has Kelly said he has seen more evidence on this?

Iehoshua
08-25-2004, 02:42 PM
I'm not even gonna debate you anymore. You're supposed to be a mod trying to keep the conversations civil around here and you can't keep your cool and resort to shove it up your ass as a response? Can tell you're 18:up:

Agreed, FTG, not a good representative of these fine forums, with such antics...

FTG
08-25-2004, 02:44 PM
Ok I'm cool now answer the question. Has Kelly said he has seen more evidence on this?
seeing as he talks with Morrison who is at practices I imagine he does. We'll find out in an hour when Morrison is on the show.

FTG
08-25-2004, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=Charlieguide]WHY are we on our THIRD posting of the same topic?

QUOTE]

Eb is trying to pad his zonebucks :up:

Cliff Klaven
08-25-2004, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=Charlieguide]WHY are we on our THIRD posting of the same topic?

QUOTE]

Eb is trying to pad his zonebucks :up:
Did you know that zonebucks were an ancient form of currency used by the Trojans to pay for Helen's facelifts?

FTG
08-25-2004, 02:48 PM
no I did'nt. Thanks for the info Cliff

CDCampy
08-25-2004, 04:57 PM
In a hurrry up 2 minute drill, the QB must take the sideline 100% of the time. To try to cut back is suicide. Vincent is not a dirty player in games, much less in practice, so it is a stretch to claim that he somehow meant to hurt JP.

The kid's gotta' learn, NEVER challenge a defender.

Canadian'eh!
08-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Troy Vincent hit Jim Kelly; Kelly out with broken leg

Think people would be screaming for Vincent's head?? I do.

and trust me if it had been:

Rashad Baker hits Jim Kelly; Kelly out with broken leg people would have been screaming for Baker's head on a platter...

It was an ACCIDENT!!!!!!! GET OVER IT ALREADY.....

BAM
08-25-2004, 05:27 PM
Did you know that zonebucks were an ancient form of currency used by the Trojans to pay for Helen's facelifts?

LOL WTF

FTG
08-25-2004, 05:28 PM
In a hurrry up 2 minute drill, the QB must take the sideline 100% of the time. To try to cut back is suicide. Vincent is not a dirty player in games, much less in practice, so it is a stretch to claim that he somehow meant to hurt JP.

:shakeno: There is no one claiming that Vincent tried to hurt Losman.

BAM
08-25-2004, 05:29 PM
So what should Vincent let Losman do on the play? run over him? run right past him?

:bf1: I have a feeling that Losman was probably trying to run him over, per the last two preseason games...

BillsNick
08-25-2004, 05:55 PM
This is ridiculous that these things are being said at all. There is no friggin way tha TV did this on purpose, so who really cares what woulda happend if Jesus was our QB and Moses broke his leg? :yap:

superbills
08-25-2004, 05:56 PM
:shakeno: There is no one claiming that Vincent tried to hurt Losman.

Then what the hell is the controvercy? So they bumped into each other. No one can say or will ever be able to prove tht Vincent hit him on purpose. It has been said time and again by Vincent and Mularkey that it was an accident. Are they blowing smoke? Who knows. But that's the point. It would be different if Vincent had said something with innuendo behind it, like, "well...when you're an agressive rookie these things happen...". No, he said they got tangled up on the sidelines and that was it. Mikey said that Vincent was over there making sure JP was OK. Like I said in a previous post, I'd take Mikey's word over these blowhards on the radio, I don't care who they are. Kelly was not at the practice, so anything he says is hearsay anyway. Let's get over it. :tired:

Jeff1220
08-25-2004, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure what went down since I wasn't there, but let's suppose it happened this way:

Losman, with the red jersey on, scrambles out of the pocket downfield. He has one man to beat - TV. Knowing it's up to him to stop a TD, TV levels the red jerseyed JP full go. Result - the broken leg.

What exactly do you guys want to happen?
Cut TV?
JP vs TV in a steel cage?
Fine TV?
TV have a press conference to say "JP, I'm sorry I broke your leg."
Other suggestions?

HenryRules
08-25-2004, 07:51 PM
Then what the hell is the controvercy? So they bumped into each other. No one can say or will ever be able to prove tht Vincent hit him on purpose. It has been said time and again by Vincent and Mularkey that it was an accident. Are they blowing smoke? Who knows. But that's the point. It would be different if Vincent had said something with innuendo behind it, like, "well...when you're an agressive rookie these things happen...". No, he said they got tangled up on the sidelines and that was it. Mikey said that Vincent was over there making sure JP was OK. Like I said in a previous post, I'd take Mikey's word over these blowhards on the radio, I don't care who they are. Kelly was not at the practice, so anything he says is hearsay anyway. Let's get over it. :tired:

I think the controversy is that the red shirt means "don't touch" and Vincent still hit him. I believe that people are saying that a veteran should know better and that even if he didn't mean to hurt him, he shouldn't have created the opportunity for an injury to happen.