PDA

View Full Version : Willis may start vs. Indy.

Iehoshua
08-25-2004, 02:46 PM
With Henry's ribs brusied, McGahee may get the starting nod. Say he comes in with the 1st unit and absolutely shreds Indy. Is this controversy sent into absolute chaos? Thoughts?
(trying to change subjects here...)

Metzfan86
08-25-2004, 02:48 PM
I hope he does tear-up Indy's D.....Cant wait til TH and WM tear up defenses all year...It will be fun to watch..

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 02:49 PM
who else would start?? :whatthe:

That Guy
08-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Ken Simonton. Duh.

Iehoshua
08-25-2004, 02:52 PM
who else would start?? :whatthe:
Yo momma.. :funny:

Just wording it like the headlines have...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5800566/

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1866059

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2683368

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Ken Simonton. Duh.
I'd rather have Willis start...

Iehoshua
08-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Joe Burns.... :insane:

That Guy
08-25-2004, 02:58 PM
I'd rather have Willis start...

If you want to further argue this, I can show you their career yardage comparisons through college and various other leagues. You'd be surprised how much better Simonton is. :winkpunch

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 03:02 PM
not even going to make the team....

Ebenezer
08-25-2004, 03:02 PM
If you want to further argue this, I can show you their career yardage comparisons through college and various other leagues. You'd be surprised how much better Simonton is. :winkpunch
:::

Iehoshua
08-25-2004, 03:05 PM
from bb.com on Simonton:

"father (Ken Simonton II) played for the Boston Red Sox"

Cut this bum. NOW!

LabattBlue
08-25-2004, 04:02 PM
With Henry's ribs brusied, McGahee may get the starting nod. Say he comes in with the 1st unit and absolutely shreds Indy. Is this controversy sent into absolute chaos? Thoughts?
(trying to change subjects here...)

I still think Henry is the starter on opening day no matter what McGahee does, but it would be nice to see McGahee run behind the starting OL this weekend.

Frez
08-25-2004, 04:07 PM
I think we will see that burst of speed this weekend from Willis. Have high hopes for the cat. :feedback:

BillsRockSOMUCH
08-25-2004, 04:10 PM
No matter what Henry is your starter opening day (unless he's injured) You just don't bench a 1400 yard running back.

Drive 4 Five
08-25-2004, 04:10 PM
I just hope McGahee plays better than on Madden. He blows in that game even if you are smokin' on the training camp exercises to give him better attributes. However, if he romps all over Indy this weekend, this running back controversy will rival Johnson/Flutie.

gsobie
08-25-2004, 04:28 PM
However, if he romps all over Indy this weekend, this running back controversy will rival Johnson/Flutie.

Its going to take more than one preseason game to get me over enthusiastic about him. To me, he needs to go through a whole season and see how he handles the grind before I want him taking over for Travis.

Drive 4 Five
08-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Its going to take more than one preseason game to get me over enthusiastic about him. To me, he needs to go through a whole season and see how he handles the grind before I want him taking over for Travis.

No I didn't mean that and I agree with ya gsobie. I meant media driven controversy. Although you have to be impressed with the adversity this kid has overcome. I remember before the draft that year, reading this story in ESPN the Mag about him and I was blown away. Don't quote me verbatum here but it basically said that his brother like had him pulling his Ford Ranger up the street with that so called destroyed knee like barely a month or so after the injury, driving him to try and be in playing shape by the draft. I'm not kidding. I'm sure others or even you may have read it. That's how strong he is...great physical and mental toughness. The story just went on about his personality and character and I remember thinking what a remarkable young man he was and quietly wished that we could somehow draft someone like him. You know? Just the kind of player and man he is. Don't get me wrong though, you got to show some love for Henry and he is our starting back this year. I just hope he knows how much his own unique brand of toughness has helped to mold this team and much he is needed. But back to Willis, you have to admire that kind of toughness and resiliency.

Michael82
08-25-2004, 06:49 PM

He's the backup FB.

Iehoshua
08-25-2004, 07:42 PM
He's the backup FB.

Yeah but he wasn't last year, he started a game. :;