• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Mort on Bledsoe - Thinks Reed is our #2

Rockville, Maryland: Hey Mort, will Bledsoe bounce back this year? Also who is the 2nd WR in Buffalo?

Chris Mortensen: I think Bledsoe does bounce back. Josh reed may be the No. 2 but Lee Evans looks good. Reed looks like he'll bounce back in this system.

The way Evans has played so far I might have to agree...
    Last edited by Bill Brasky; 08-25-2004, 04:25 PM.
  • Bill Brasky
    • Jan 2004

would anybody esle be surprised if Evans starts the season as our slot guy?
    Last edited by Bill Brasky; 08-25-2004, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• That Guy
      • Apr 2004

I've been saying all along that I thought Josh Reed would be this year's number two. As much as people have hyped Lee Evans' TC, I think Reed's has been as good or better.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by That Guy
        I've been saying all along that I thought Josh Reed would be this year's number two. As much as people have hyped Lee Evans' TC, I think Reed's has been as good or better.
        I really wouldn't be surprised if Evans started the season as our #3. Honestly, he suits this team better as our #2, but he clearly hasn't earned it... he's done nothing so far.

Comment

• BAM
          • Sep 2003

Looks to me so far like they're going to move the receivers all over the place. I like it

Comment

• BUFFALONRTH76
            • Aug 2004

We've only played 2 pre-season games guys!!! There are still some scenarios to be played out I'm sure... I wouldn't be surprised if you see Evan's at #2 for the start of the Season, he too has made some highlight reel catches at camp as well

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
              My IQ Test results came back negative
              • Oct 2002

i think reed would be much betetr #3 guy. Look at how he did when we had price. I think eveans can learn alot more from moulds before the start of the season. I still have alot of faith in this guy being really good.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BUFFALONRTH76
                We've only played 2 pre-season games guys!!! There are still some scenarios to be played out I'm sure... I wouldn't be surprised if you see Evan's at #2 for the start of the Season, he too has made some highlight reel catches at camp as well
                Yeah, and in those 2 preseason games he's caught 1 pass.

Here's a scenario - he starts catching passes in a situation other than practice.

Once he starts doing that then maybe he can move to #2. So far in 2 preseason games he's caught 1 pass. Even Daimon Shelton has caught that many. I think he's really slipped under everybody's critisism radar due to all the TH/WM crap and now the Losman injury.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                  • Mar 2004

Evans will be #2 just because it's a better fit for all 3 players.

Comment

• That Guy
                    • Apr 2004

But if Evans isn't ready to play every down... how the hell are we going to hold back someone that might be better (Reed)?

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                      My IQ Test results came back negative
                      • Oct 2002

How is reed a better #2. did you see him last year? He dropped many clutch passes thrown his way. Hes a much better #3 receiver.

Comment

• That Guy
                        • Apr 2004

He was basically playing as a number one receiver then. Moulds was a decoy, Bledsoe was struggling, and the Bills failed to commit to the run. It wasn't a good situation. I can go by what I've seen in six training camp visits and two preseason games, and I think he is a much more improved Josh Reed. Receivers don't usually blossom until their third year, it's just how it goes.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
                          How is reed a better #2. did you see him last year? He dropped many clutch passes thrown his way. Hes a much better #3 receiver.
                          They're not clutch passes when you're losing 38-5.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                            • May 2003

Lee Evans has no business playing slot. He'll get rocked like Marvin Harrison does. Josh is big and strong. You can be sure Reed's hands have improved over last season. He runs precise routes and is strong after the catch. He is perfect at slot receiver. Besides... I know Evans has been quiet so far in the preseason but you know it is only a matter of time. He has E.Moulds on the other side yo. Ask Peerless. He knows what's up.

Comment

• cordog
                              eat, drink, and be merry
                              • Apr 2003

I can definetly see Josh Reed emerging as a serious #2 receiver. Josh is kinda the same mold as Hines Ward and look what Mularkey did with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X