X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Robert Gallery moved to guard

I just seen on ESPN that the Raiders have moved Gallery to guard.
  • FTG
    • Aug 2004

You draft shutdown LT's #2 overall, not guards. I wonder why they did this
    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Mad Bomber
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
      If this is true, say goodbye to Rich and Kerry....they'll get killed from the blind side. Hopefully by Schobel.....

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

ESPN reported that he wasn't going to beat out Barry Sims so he was moved to guard. It will be like when Jonathan Ogden was moved to guard he rookie year.

Comment

• finsrclowns
          • Apr 2004

What happened? Did he show up at camp weighing 400 lbs. or something?
          finsrclowns

Comment

• Billsouth
            • Jul 2002

guard is just as important as tackle. just ask bledsoe. he got his ass handed to him more from rushes up the middle than outside moves.
            "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• Samphin1
              • Mar 2004

Gallery will be fine. He is just being moved to a less demanding O-line position for now. Being out here in the Oakland area, I get to hear about him nonstop. ( that and Charles Woodson saga ) John Ogden did the same thing his rookie year. With Gallery hurting himself a tad last week, his development slowed as well. This way he gets playing time and can be brought up to the LT position when really ready.

Comment

• HenryRules
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                If this is true, say goodbye to Rich and Kerry....they'll get killed from the blind side. Hopefully by Schobel.....
                Barry Sims is pretty solid ... I think a few teams have had OT's start their career as rookies and its worked out (although none come to mind at the moment).

Comment

• elltrain22
                  • Sep 2003

If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsouth
                    guard is just as important as tackle. just ask bledsoe. he got his ass handed to him more from rushes up the middle than outside moves.
                    Exactly. It never fails to amaze me how some people can say that every position on the O-line has a different value that they can be paid.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• bobblehead
                      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by FTG
                      Sorry, I'm new here, and I'm not trying to attack. I have always heard this and have believed it as well. But now I'm starting to question if this is necessarily the case anymore. With the onslaught of running-style qb's, and all the draws, screens and end-arounds I'm seeing, I'm beginning to think that big, fast guards with the ability to pull and trap are becoming just as valuable as left tackles.
                      When it's game time, it's pain time.

Comment

• R. Rich
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                        ESPN reported that he wasn't going to beat out Barry Sims so he was moved to guard. It will be like when Jonathan Ogden was moved to guard he rookie year.
                        Yeah, something like that. This is not a big issue. Both Sims and Gallery will do just fine and eventually you'll see Gallery as the starter at LT.

Comment

• Mike in Syracuse
                          • Jul 2002

That's a whole lot of dollars to pay for a guard. The predominant opinion is that guards are more readily available than tackles therefore they are cheaper. Gallery got HUGE dollars to play tackle as the #2 draft choice. I'm sure the Raiders planned to have him at tackle or they wouldn't have picked him #2 and paid him that kind of money.

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mike in Syracuse
                            That's a whole lot of dollars to pay for a guard. The predominant opinion is that guards are more readily available than tackles therefore they are cheaper. Gallery got HUGE dollars to play tackle as the #2 draft choice. I'm sure the Raiders planned to have him at tackle or they wouldn't have picked him #2 and paid him that kind of money.
                            The point is if he can't beat out Sims you at least put your best line out there as possible. Regardless of the amount of money he is paid he is still a rookie.

Comment

• FTG
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                              Exactly. It never fails to amaze me how some people can say that every position on the O-line has a different value that they can be paid.

Go check the NFLPA site and see the differance in guard and tackle pay
                              Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X