PDA

View Full Version : Are you a bills fan with faith or not?

BillsOwnAll
08-25-2004, 07:14 PM
I see all see negative psots about the bills comeing from all these bills fans/ Whats the point of being a fan if you dont even have faith in your team. What is happeing to bills nation. I mean root for the best dont look at What happen 3 years ago? Who did what 5 years ago. Juts root for your team and hope they do good.

Bill Brasky
08-25-2004, 07:22 PM
I love option 3!!! You rule BOA.

Seriously though -- I think a lot of people feel the way you feel, they just enjoy arguing on these boards.

bills_7
08-25-2004, 08:00 PM
I love option 3!!! You rule BOA.

Seriously though -- I think a lot of people feel the way you feel, they just enjoy arguing on these boards.

Well put :up:

elltrain22
08-25-2004, 09:50 PM
If you are a true fan of any team you have to always have faith in your team. Unless your a Dolphins fan.

Mr. Cynical
08-26-2004, 12:45 AM
I see all see negative psots about the bills comeing from all these bills fans/ Whats the point of being a fan if you dont even have faith in your team. What is happeing to bills nation. I mean root for the best dont look at What happen 3 years ago? Who did what 5 years ago. Juts root for your team and hope they do good.I think you are misreading the intent of some of the "negative"posts. I can only speak for myself, but I always root for the Bills to win. What fun is it to root against them? Unless you are a Fins fan, of course.

But there is a difference between rooting for your team to win and believing they will win. Just because they are your team does not mean you automatically believe they will win. It means you support them no matter what...it means you hope they will win....but IMO it does not always mean you believe they will.

Now, that said...

:gobills:

Marvelous
08-26-2004, 01:00 AM
I didn't vote as i'd feel guilty predicting we won't make the playoffs. But i hope more then anything Drew gets better with-
-Pocket awareness
-Decision making
-Confidence
Those are the 3 things i think he needs to improve on.

*I also hope that if Bledsoe stuggles we yank him atleast to let him no he's not above being benched. But that goes for any player who underperforms.
My keys to making the playoffs
-Healthy Moulds,Henry.
-The o-line decides to give 110%
-Cambell becomes a weapon and gets 6-10 attemps per game.
-Denney or Kelsay steps up to the next level and wreaks havok!
-FS steps up/playmaker
McGahee with split backfield becomes a catching machine + a scapegoat for Drew.
-Lindell, theres always hope
-lucky bounces NE style baby!.

northernbillfan
08-26-2004, 03:21 AM
...there is a difference between rooting for your team to win and believing they will win. Just because they are your team does not mean you automatically believe they will win. It means you support them no matter what...it means you hope they will win....but IMO it does not always mean you believe they will.

:bf1:

Jan Reimers
08-26-2004, 05:27 AM
We all WANT the Bills to win. We simply have differences of opinion on how many games we BELIEVE they will win, dependent on our individual assessments of their strengths and weaknesses.

SABURZFAN
08-26-2004, 05:51 AM
i see that summer school didn't help. :mad:

Jayhawk
08-26-2004, 06:23 AM
I always root for the bills to make the playoffs. Now I am not as much of an expert at football as some of you guys are, but I still like their chances.

saviorbledsoe
08-26-2004, 06:25 AM
I see all see negative psots about the bills comeing from all these bills fans/ Whats the point of being a fan if you dont even have faith in your team. What is happeing to bills nation. I mean root for the best dont look at What happen 3 years ago? Who did what 5 years ago. Juts root for your team and hope they do good.

:clap:

:moon: thos who try to bring you down!

CajunBillsBacker
08-26-2004, 07:29 AM
I'm sure every football fan view things the same every year. Everyone should see it as "If this, this, and that happens" my team should be in the playoffs. What fun is it if you go into every football season not having optimism about your team. You are not a real fan if you think any other way IMO.

saviorbledsoe
08-26-2004, 11:27 AM
I'm sure every football fan view things the same every year. Everyone should see it as "If this, this, and that happens" my team should be in the playoffs. What fun is it if you go into every football season not having optimism about your team. You are not a real fan if you think any other way IMO.

Exactly!

Mr. Cynical
08-26-2004, 11:53 AM
I'm sure every football fan view things the same every year. Everyone should see it as "If this, this, and that happens" my team should be in the playoffs. What fun is it if you go into every football season not having optimism about your team. You are not a real fan if you think any other way IMO.I don't think anyone here goes into every season without optimism. Unless you are a Cardinals fan. :snicker:

I have had optimism about the Bills in the past when in my opinion there was reason to be optimistic. I am optimistic about the Bills' future given the the possible triplet of JP/WM/Evans, as well as the new coaching. But I am not optimistic about the Bills' season this year, due primarily to Drew and the oline (and to some extent the coaches given it is their rookie years). But that doesn't make me any less a fan. That just makes my expectations more realistic.

I would actually say that you are a real fan when you honestly and truthfully view what your team is likely to acheive, and hope for the best/unexpected. Otherwise I think you [not you specifically] are more like a cheerleader IMO.

saviorbledsoe
08-26-2004, 12:42 PM
I don't think anyone here goes into every season without optimism. Unless you are a Cardinals fan. :snicker:

I have had optimism about the Bills in the past when in my opinion there was reason to be optimistic. I am optimistic about the Bills' future given the the possible triplet of JP/WM/Evans, as well as the new coaching. But I am not optimistic about the Bills' season this year, due primarily to Drew and the oline (and to some extent the coaches given it is their rookie years). But that doesn't make me any less a fan. That just makes my expectations more realistic.

I would actually say that you are a real fan when you honestly and truthfully view what your team is likely to acheive, and hope for the best/unexpected. Otherwise I think you [not you specifically] are more like a cheerleader IMO.

:dance:

BillsRockSOMUCH
08-26-2004, 12:50 PM
:rofl:

Mr. Cynical
08-26-2004, 05:32 PM
:shout: I can't heeear you!

:snicker:

saviorbledsoe
08-26-2004, 05:39 PM
:shout: I can't heeear you!

:snicker:

Give me a W
Give me a Y
Give me a S

Whats it spell?

WYS GUY WYS GUY!!!! HE IS BACK WOOOOHOOO

Voltron
08-26-2004, 05:48 PM
Just because I post some negatives about the team does not mean that I am not a fan. I am a season ticket holder which is a lot more than some of the ostrich club members can say.

I am a realist. I have wasted way too much optimism on the Bills for way to long to get my hopes up again. I look at the Bills season like the players should.

One game at a time.

The_Philster
08-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Give me a W
Give me a Y
Give me a S

Whats it spell?

WYS GUY WYS GUY!!!! HE IS BACK WOOOOHOOO
:shakeno: I know Wys...please don't insult him :;

Mr. Cynical
08-26-2004, 06:22 PM
:shakeno: I know Wys...please don't insult him :;:tongue:

:;

saviorbledsoe
08-26-2004, 10:48 PM
:shakeno: I know Wys...please don't insult him :;

Seriously Phil I believe this is Wys. Im not joking. Am I wrong?

Voltron
08-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Yes you are wrong SB. He does come on here and look around on occation but he does not post here.

saviorbledsoe
08-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Yes you are wrong SB. He does come on here and look around on occation but he does not post here.

ok. i swear the arguements and the style he does it in is almost a spitting image of what Mark did.

TedMock
08-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Just because I post some negatives about the team does not mean that I am not a fan. I am a season ticket holder which is a lot more than some of the ostrich club members can say.

I am a realist. I have wasted way too much optimism on the Bills for way to long to get my hopes up again. I look at the Bills season like the players should.

One game at a time.

I also hope to god that the players believe they can win every game. Anything short of that is called "throwing in the towel." Obviously as fans, we can step back and say "..well realistically...." The players should never feel this way......I hope.

Voltron
08-27-2004, 12:24 PM
I also hope to god that the players believe they can win every game. Anything short of that is called "throwing in the towel." Obviously as fans, we can step back and say "..well realistically...." The players should never feel this way......I hope.
They should never look ahead to any other game then the next one they have to play. They should go into every singel game knowing that if they play their type of smash mouth football they can win.

TedMock
08-27-2004, 12:34 PM
They should never look ahead to any other game then the next one they have to play. They should go into every singel game knowing that if they play their type of smash mouth football they can win.

I agree 100%

Historian
08-27-2004, 12:59 PM
We all WANT the Bills to win. We simply have differences of opinion on how many games we BELIEVE they will win, dependent on our individual assessments of their strengths and weaknesses.

This is true.

Personally, I feel more optomistic about the team and it's leadership than I have in years.

Hemlepp53
08-27-2004, 01:17 PM
10-6 Wild Card Apperance I've said it in the past postings I've left.
LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

The_Philster
08-27-2004, 03:46 PM
ok. i swear the arguements and the style he does it in is almost a spitting image of what Mark did.
You've never read a Wys post if you think that. :dizzy: