PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Training Camp Report is back for August 25th

Michael82
08-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Check it out here...

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2004/08/25/billszone_camp_report_8252004.php

:feedback:

BAM
08-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Good job Mikey! Willis McGahee on kick returns? Wow...

Michael82
08-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Good job Mikey! Willis McGahee on kick returns? Wow...
That's exactly what I thought!!!

Crisis
08-25-2004, 09:26 PM
You have two opening paragraphs.

But, thanks for the report! This is the closest I can get to Bills on days like these. Thanks for sacrificing your time for us, Mikey. :up:

That Guy
08-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Nice job Mikey...

Zolman does suck.. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten the boot already.

Other than the injury issue, why not use Willis as a kick returner? He's not gonna start, he wants to see the field, and he's an elusive and explosive player. Special teams is going to have some solid players on it... I'm actually excited to see it. I'd say Antonio "Gold Grill" Brown is as good as gone.

I think Travis Brown might've let up a little bit now that he doesn't have competition breathing down his neck.

I think that Jabari Greer along with Rashad Baker have basically made this team (barring a terrible performance in the last two preseason games).

Drew Haddad has been getting a considerable amount of work the last few days as far as I've seen. Maybe they're planning on keeping him on the practice squad instead of Brown/Freddie Smith/Coleman.

The Spaz
08-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Good job Mikey.:up::beers:

juice
08-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Did the front office guy pull your notes about the time they ran that Flea-flicker.. sounds like some secret weapon type stuff they might not want reported.

Bledsoe sounds like he's returning to his '02 training camp form.. maybe thats a good sign of things to come.

Good report Mikey, Sounds like this may have been one of the best days of camp this year.

Michael82
08-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Did the front office guy pull your notes about the time they ran that Flea-flicker.. sounds like some secret weapon type stuff they might not want reported.

Bledsoe sounds like he's returning to his '02 training camp form.. maybe thats a good sign of things to come.

Good report Mikey, Sounds like this may have been one of the best days of camp this year.
No, he pulled my notes around the time I was writing the play-by-play for the 2min drill. I think Bledsoe is really getting better each day. His passes are much more crisp than at the beginning and I can see him throw the ball much quicker than I am used to seeing.

Michael82
08-25-2004, 09:41 PM
Nice job Mikey...

Zolman does suck.. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten the boot already.

Other than the injury issue, why not use Willis as a kick returner? He's not gonna start, he wants to see the field, and he's an elusive and explosive player. Special teams is going to have some solid players on it... I'm actually excited to see it. I'd say Antonio "Gold Grill" Brown is as good as gone.

I think Travis Brown might've let up a little bit now that he doesn't have competition breathing down his neck.

I think that Jabari Greer along with Rashad Baker have basically made this team (barring a terrible performance in the last two preseason games).

Drew Haddad has been getting a considerable amount of work the last few days as far as I've seen. Maybe they're planning on keeping him on the practice squad instead of Brown/Freddie Smith/Coleman.
I'm just worried about using Willis as a KR because of injury and the kind of injury he suffered. Other than that...it makes sense and it would probably be fun to watch. Jabari Greer is now a lock, depending on his gamethis weekend. I have seen him start to take away Kevin Thomas' reps and since McGee's been out, he's done a great job filling in. And Rashad Baker is also really solid. He's starting to lay nice hits too. :up:

Michael82
08-25-2004, 09:42 PM
Oh yeah, and Drew Haddad is not eligible for the PS, because he was on the Colts team a couple years ago.

That Guy
08-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Oh... Drew Haddad... if you are out there... sorry that I got your hopes up. You're gonna get cut.

Michael82
08-25-2004, 09:52 PM
I agree. :snicker:

Ickybaluky
08-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Oh yeah, and Drew Haddad is not eligible for the PS, because he was on the Colts team a couple years ago.

That doesn't mean he is not eligible.

The easiest way to understand PS eligibility is this:

- If a player appeared on a team's 45-man roster for nine or more regular-season games in one season, he is no longer eligible for the practice squad. All other players are eligible for the practice squad but may only spend two years on the practice squad.

- Any combination of regular season games, postseason games or bye weeks on the practice squad that total three in one year constitutes a year on the practice squad.

Also, a practice-squad player is a free agent able to sign with any team in the league, but must be placed on the active roster of any team signing him. A practice squad player, however, can not sign with his team's next opponent six days or fewer prior to the game. He can sign on Monday for a Sunday game, but not on Tuesday or after.

juice
08-25-2004, 10:06 PM
I have to give props to Reese, he did a nice job of run support at the end of last year before the injury.. this year he seems to be showing the range of a natural DB with a nose for getting in on breaking up pass plays.. exactly what you want from your last line of defense. :nono:

Lori
08-25-2004, 10:13 PM
That doesn't mean he is not eligible.

The easiest way to understand PS eligibility is this:

- If a player appeared on a team's 45-man roster for nine or more regular-season games in one season, he is no longer eligible for the practice squad. All other players are eligible for the practice squad but may only spend two years on the practice squad.

- Any combination of regular season games, postseason games or bye weeks on the practice squad that total three in one year constitutes a year on the practice squad.

Also, a practice-squad player is a free agent able to sign with any team in the league, but must be placed on the active roster of any team signing him. A practice squad player, however, can not sign with his team's next opponent six days or fewer prior to the game. He can sign on Monday for a Sunday game, but not on Tuesday or after.

Haddad - 2000 split between Bills/Colts PS
2001: 3 games active, 13 on IR in Indy
2002: played in one game, active for 6 others, also played in Colts' playoff game.

Depends on the definition, but I'm guessing he's not eligible. JMO, I could be wrong....

Michael82
08-25-2004, 10:34 PM
Basically.

Schobel94
08-25-2004, 10:43 PM
How is the starting D looking, I was disappointed in their play the first 2 games. Of course they were going against 2 very good O-lines. They seem to have trouble with athletic O-lines who can get on their blocks quickly. Good thing most of the teams we face this year don't have great O-lines.

TigerJ
08-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the report. I haven't heard of Zolman doing anything positive all training camp, but I wonder if part of that is simply the lack of the reps needed to develop any rhythem. In any case, I agree he has to show something on Saturday or TD is going to be scanning the waiver wire on Tuesday if only for a practice squad QB.

Groundgame
08-26-2004, 12:19 AM
Hey Mikey,
Two thumbs up. Awsome work on the training camp report. :bow: I rather read your reports then some of the media. Btw, from what u've seen in the camp, do you think Bledsoe will fail under pressure. I'm concerned by the interception he thrown during the two mins drill! :sad: I believe that without Drew, the team doesn't have a chance for the playoff.

The_Philster
08-26-2004, 03:17 AM
Haddad's not eligible..been in the league at least 2 years.

ryjam282
08-26-2004, 07:09 AM
Mikey, nice job on the report. I think that was your best yet.

Michael82
08-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Mikey, nice job on the report. I think that was your best yet.
Thanks, because it was my last one. I am thinking about finishing the Training Camp year off with a comparison article between Mike Mularkey's training camp and Gregg Williams' camp. I'll let you guys know.

ryjam282
08-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Since you have time...Get that jersey done....Get in TKO's face and tell him what's up :D ;)

Michael82
08-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Since you have time...Get that jersey done....Get in TKO's face and tell him what's up :D ;)
I already got it signed and framed. It's hanging up on my wall. Thanks again, man! :up:

:snicker: :ontome:

cablelady
08-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Ask him where today's report is. :lolhit:

Michael82
08-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Ask him where today's report is. :lolhit:
:mad: :ontome:

The_Philster
08-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Well? :grind:

Michael82
08-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Well? :grind:
My car broke down again....awww crap, that excuse won't work anymore. I mean...errr.....:ontome:

The_Philster
08-26-2004, 06:31 PM
alarm clock again? :rolleyes:

Michael82
08-26-2004, 06:34 PM
alarm clock again? :rolleyes:
No. I had a doctor's appointment with my dermatologist. :yikes:

Besides, how come you never commented on my report from Wed? :shakeno: :mad:

The_Philster
08-26-2004, 06:41 PM
quit changing the subject :mad:...I look forward to your articles and always enjoy them :up: But I'm disappointed in the lack of Jills pics. :cynic:

Michael82
08-26-2004, 06:43 PM
quit changing the subject :mad:...I look forward to your articles and always enjoy them :up: But I'm disappointed in the lack of Jills pics. :cynic:
Speaking of which...I got a few that I took on Wednesday. :naughty:

The_Philster
08-26-2004, 06:45 PM
and where are they?

cablelady
08-26-2004, 07:06 PM
No. I had a doctor's appointment with my dermatologist. :yikes:

Besides, how come you never commented on my report from Wed? :shakeno: :mad:

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz. :;