PDA

View Full Version : Position Battles

BillsRockSOMUCH
08-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Just want to get your opinions on some position battles...

#2 WR- Josh Reed or Lee Evans. My pick- Lee Evans
I realize Evans hasn't really proved anything in preseason yet but I expect Mularkey to give him a big chance against the Colts. I really can't see us finding a way to keep Evans off the field, I think he's a great WR. It is Reed's magical :trance: 3rd season but it doesn't really mean he definately will show up. I really think Reed is more made for the slot. I think that Reed will still get his fair share of playing time.

LG- Lawrence Smith, Mike Pucillio, or Ross Tucker. My Pick- Lawrence Smith
Smith really came out of no where and got his shot, he's looked good against the Titans and in practise. He looks to possibly be a diamond in the rough McNally really likes. Pucillio and Tucker really haven't done anything yet to prove they deserve the job also.

LDE- Chris Kelsay or Ryan Denney. My Pick- Chris Kelsay
I've really liked Kelsay a lot since we drafted him, I think he can really get to the QB and be a fine pass rusher although he does need to work on his run stopping. I think this will be a very close battle but I see Kelsay coming out on top for potential.

FS- Izell Reese or Rashad Baker. My Pick- Izell Reese
I like Baker as much as the next guy but I still a bit shaky about putting him right in the starters spot. Reese is solid all around and has played very well so far. I think Baker is fantastic and will be the starter in the future but we shouldn't rush him in right away, I still think he needs a bit more learning.

I guess you could possibly also add Nickle CB, KR, and if you really want to HB even though I think there is no contreversy.

HenryRules
08-25-2004, 10:20 PM
#2 WR - Reed ... WR is too hard for most rookies to learn
LG - Smith
LE - Denney (but mostly a rotation where each gets 50% of the time - only reason I call Denney the starter is 1st and 10 is a running down)
FS - Reese ... an undrafted rookie FA does not start at FS.
KR - McGee. No one is special, so using a guy that can help out in other areas saves us a roster spot.

juice
08-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Baker will get his chance he just has to pay his dues and learn the FS position in the NFL.

ShadowHawk7
08-25-2004, 10:40 PM
Great analysis BillsRock. I agree except, I think Reed will get the nod for the #2, at least for the first 6 weeks, while Evans continues to nurtue.