X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

We should pick up Middleton!

In the ESPN article that says that Gallery is moving to LG, Middleton says that if he is bumped off the line that he wants to be released. Wouldnt he be a good pick up to solidify our LG issues?

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
  • clumping platelets

I would give him a look, but he's likely to get attention from a few other OL needy teams like the Fins, Rams, or Panthers

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Well if Lawrence Smith doesnt show that he can be a solid LG then WE are an O-Line needy team and Middleton would give us some good stability. Hopefully TD looks into it!

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
        I would give him a look, but he's likely to get attention from a few other OL needy teams like the Fins, Rams, or Panthers
        he's not cut yet...gallery moves for one year at the most...I wouldnot worry yet.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          he's not cut yet...gallery moves for one year at the most...I wouldnot worry yet.
          Ya but Middleton is saying that hes not going to accept a back up role. So if Galllery starts, Middleton is gonna want out.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

He's worth a look if the price is right and the coaching staff has reservations about Smith being able to hold down the left guard spot.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Middleton, who continued to work with the first team Tuesday, talked of a possible shift of Gallery to guard two weeks ago and was typically blunt in assessing the change.

The eight-year veteran said he lost weight at request of the coaching staff, has played well and doesn't deserve to lose his starting job.

"Someone wants him on the field, but I don't think anyone should mess up my career or stab me in the back. When it goes down, it's going to go down," Middleton said. "When I came here, I came to be the starter. If I'm not the starter, I'd like to go somewhere else. We'll leave that for the big guy."

East BayTimes is the leading source of breaking news, local news, sports, entertainment, lifestyle and opinion for Contra Costa County, Alameda County, Oakland and beyond
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Looks like theres a good chance he wont be in oakland. Cmon TD! ( If he's not too much $$$)

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                  • Aug 2004

I'd take him on the team in a second.
                  http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

If we have an opportunity to bring him in we should.

Comment

• Voltron
                      • Jul 2002

Don't forget the Giants.

This guy has a chance to really cash in if he does get released.
                      Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                      - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                      -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                      - Mark Twain

Comment

• madness23
                        • Apr 2003

But we have the one thing every OL seems to love... McNally!

Comment

• Voltron
                          • Jul 2002

Lets face it, coaching is way donw the list of concerns for players

The top of the list is the money
                          Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                          - Mark Twain

Comment

• madness23
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Voltron
                            Lets face it, coaching is way donw the list of concerns for players

The top of the list is the money
                            I figured that was implied. Obviously money comes first.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                              • Apr 2004

Well, the Bills passed on Pete Kendall. TD said they looked at him but didn't like him. I assume that translates to Kendall is a smaller finesse guy looking for a good contract.

Now Middleton is a larger guy (6'3" 330), which fits more of what the Bills seem to prefer. He also knows how to pass block. I would have to assume the Bills would be interested, but as always, money will be the deciding factor on both sides. That and whether McNally will be willing to say flat out that Lawrence Smith can get the job done. If McNally doesn't, you'd have to think the Bills would make a bid.

But my guess is when the dust settles Middleton will still be a Raider.
                              finsrclowns

Comment

Working...
                              X