PDA

View Full Version : Bills vs Ravens Tailgate Info

R. Rich
08-26-2004, 10:25 AM
[Posted earlier over at Two Bills Drive]
Okay, I talked to the manager at Sliders yesterday and here's what we know so far:

They will block off the street for the tailgate, so we'll have access to the upstairs, downstairs, and the outside area again.

They will have a beer truck set up outside and there will be a 2 for 1 beer special (probably Yuengling and Miller Lite).

There will be a live band; a local band called "Fat Tuesdays". I hear they're good, but I don't know that much about them.

We'll have a buffet set up outside with different foods like wings, chicken tenders, BBQ sandwiches, chili, etc. available.

Since we expect the turnout to be about twice what we had last time (originally, I thought about 300, but it should be more like 200), we need to have a buffet set up so that we don't overwhelm their kitchen staff. The cost for the buffet will be around $10 per person, which, for the amount of food that will be available and the fact that this is Baltimore, is DIRT CHEAP!! The beer special will end up being about $1.50 per beer ($3 beer-2 for 1 special). Not bad at all.

What I'll need from those who plan to attend is some suggestions in regards to what types of food you'd like to see on the buffet. They told me that they can arrange it so that we can have just about anything we like on the buffet, but they do need to know in advance. Please post any suggestions you have, so that I can let them know what we'd like to have. I'd like to get the menu situated soon, so that we can start collecting the party fees (we'll need to make a deposit at least 2 weeks in advance) and get everything set up. I'm also open to any other suggestions you may have that will make this tailgate even greater.

G. Host
08-26-2004, 10:29 AM
IF I am in town (and it looks more likely now even though not likely) I'd like to see Beef on Weck but it may be too costly for a buffet.

Pride
08-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Thats Awesome!!! I am definately up for it! I think BAM has tickets for us, but if not, I will come down anyway and just watch the game in a bar or something! AWESOME RICH!!! thanks!

R. Rich
08-26-2004, 11:02 AM
IF I am in town (and it looks more likely now even though not likely) I'd like to see Beef on Weck but it may be too costly for a buffet.

Beef on a weck ain't happenin', Glenn.

R. Rich
08-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Thats Awesome!!! I am definately up for it! I think BAM has tickets for us, but if not, I will come down anyway and just watch the game in a bar or something! AWESOME RICH!!! thanks!

I look forward to seeing you there. It should be even better than last year's tailgate, which was great.

G. Host
08-26-2004, 03:09 PM
Beef on a weck ain't happenin', Glenn.

What is the problem? Cost of ingredients or source of rolls? I might be able to get you a source of rolls. Jimmy's has a local bakery which bakes them for him.

Voltron
08-26-2004, 03:43 PM
I am looking into this trip. I have a few friends and some family in the area and Wys offered to put me up for the weekend too. I kind of doubt I will be able to go because I am flying to Houston in October and 2 trips in that time frame may be a bit much.

If I could find someone in the CNY / WNY area that is interested in driving down and sharing expenses I may have a better chance of affording it plus ... Long trips suck alone :sadwalk:

R. Rich
08-26-2004, 03:44 PM
What is the problem? Cost of ingredients or source of rolls? I might be able to get you a source of rolls. Jimmy's has a local bakery which bakes them for him.

The cost is the big thing. All I can do is talk to them to see if there's any way to do it without increasing the cost to everyone, even with a source for the kummelweck rolls.

The_Philster
08-26-2004, 04:13 PM
I am looking into this trip. I have a few friends and some family in the area and Wys offered to put me up for the weekend too. I kind of doubt I will be able to go because I am flying to Houston in October and 2 trips in that time frame may be a bit much.

If I could find someone in the CNY / WNY area that is interested in driving down and sharing expenses I may have a better chance of affording it plus ... Long trips suck alone :sadwalk:
If we can work out the details (and get tix), helmetguy and I are planning on driving down :up:

Voltron
08-26-2004, 04:16 PM
If we can work out the details (and get tix), helmetguy and I are planning on driving down :up:

Let's talk about this opening weekend :up:

Wys said tix shouldn't be a problem. he has bought tix every time he has gone to a game for less than face outside the gate.

If not we can always go and join Pride at the Bar :D

The_Philster
08-26-2004, 04:18 PM
I know I got a ticket for the club section for $20 last year...but that was preseason...

R. Rich
08-26-2004, 04:21 PM
Let's talk about this opening weekend :up:

Wys said tix shouldn't be a problem. he has bought tix every time he has gone to a game for less than face outside the gate.

If not we can always go and join Pride at the Bar :D

I think it's a mistake to think you'll find tickets for a SOLD OUT game, a REGULAR SEASON game, at less than face value. If you were a Ravens season ticket holder and you could sell your tickets, would you sell them for less than face value when all you have to do is look around and see how in demand they are? All they have to do is check the prices on eBay, the various ticket brokers, and even message boards for BOTH teams to see that it would be stupid to sell them for less. I just don't see that many people being that generous.

Michael82
08-26-2004, 04:39 PM
And me too. :mad:

Voltron
08-26-2004, 05:14 PM

Volt :pet: Mikey

If it comes down to the 2 of us (Both of us are over 200 lbs) in the back seat of a mid sized car I will drive my car too and we can caravn.

Volt & Mikey :redcar: Phil & Helmet :redcar:

:up:

Voltron
08-26-2004, 05:15 PM
I think it's a mistake to think you'll find tickets for a SOLD OUT game, a REGULAR SEASON game, at less than face value. If you were a Ravens season ticket holder and you could sell your tickets, would you sell them for less than face value when all you have to do is look around and see how in demand they are? All they have to do is check the prices on eBay, the various ticket brokers, and even message boards for BOTH teams to see that it would be stupid to sell them for less. I just don't see that many people being that generous.

:tomato:

My bad he was talking about pre season

Michael82
08-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Volt :pet: Mikey

If it comes down to the 2 of us (Both of us are over 200 lbs) in the back seat of a mid sized car I will drive my car too and we can caravn.

Volt & Mikey :redcar: Phil & Helmet :redcar:

:up:
We can try out my brand new car. You'll enjoy the 6-speakers and very comfortable bucket seats. :up:

Voltron
08-26-2004, 05:52 PM
We can try out my brand new car. You'll enjoy the 6-speakers and very comfortable bucket seats. :up:

I have a 1000-watt system in my car. :jj:

I don't think your factory system will be up to my standards :snicker:

Michael82
08-26-2004, 05:53 PM
I have a 1000-watt system in my car. :jj:

I don't think your factory system will be up to my standards :snicker:
You'd enjoy the ride. It has a lot of room too. :D

BAM
08-26-2004, 05:53 PM
I'm down!

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/dancefool.gif

Yah, Pride. IF he doesn't come through, which is a 50/50 chance with that fool :rolleyes: , we can just scalp a couple or at least watch it down there somewhere. :up:

I'm pretty sure he has them all set up though, at least he says he does. I gave him money, so if he doesn't come through we can just kill him that's all.

The_Philster
08-26-2004, 06:20 PM
After the name you called my lady friend a few months ago? :mad:

Michael82
08-26-2004, 06:27 PM
After the name you called my lady friend a few months ago? :mad:
I'm sorry. I just thought the term "lady-friend" sounded a little :limp:

please.... :pray:

The_Philster
08-26-2004, 06:34 PM
I'm sorry. I just thought the term "lady-friend" sounded a little :limp:

please.... :pray:
I could say something about you and :limp: but :gag:

kardshark19
08-26-2004, 07:00 PM
i'm definitely down for a tailgate! i just live about 15-20 minutes from Bmore, but couldn't get tickets at a reasonable price. will porbably watch the game at a nearby bar.

The_Philster
08-26-2004, 07:12 PM
If you can't get tix, just watch at Sliders...just a few blocks from the stadium...I'm sure there will be plenty of Bills fans watching there after the party. :idunno:

Michael82
08-26-2004, 07:28 PM
If you can't get tix, just watch at Sliders...just a few blocks from the stadium...I'm sure there will be plenty of Bills fans watching there after the party. :idunno:
So, are we going to go? :scratch:

The_Philster
08-26-2004, 07:29 PM
I'm going....as for you...:snicker:

Michael82
08-26-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm going....as for you...:snicker:
:mad:

helmetguy
08-26-2004, 08:02 PM
You and Mikey MAY have to pick me up in Harrisgurg if we do the Ravens game trip, Phil.

The_Philster
08-26-2004, 08:08 PM
You and Mikey MAY have to pick me up in Harrisgurg if we do the Ravens game trip, Phil.
:jawdrop:

BAM
08-26-2004, 08:15 PM
i'm definitely down for a tailgate! i just live about 15-20 minutes from Bmore, but couldn't get tickets at a reasonable price. will porbably watch the game at a nearby bar.

If Pride and a couple of my other friends and I can't get in, we'll trash the place with ya :boozer:

Iehoshua
08-26-2004, 08:18 PM
I look forward to meeting you fine folks! :D:

helmetguy
08-26-2004, 08:41 PM
:jawdrop:
Yeah, I found out that I'll have to do training in Harrisburg for 8 weeks (approximately) starting Sept. 7th. Haven't had a lot of time to work out the details of getting to/from your house and the games for Sept. and Oct. yet. I'll look at it sometime this weekend.

kardshark19
08-26-2004, 08:46 PM
If Pride and a couple of my other friends and I can't get in, we'll trash the place with ya :boozer:

sounds like a plan...ya'll just be ready to drink!

:cheers:

Voltron
08-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I found out that I'll have to do training in Harrisburg for 8 weeks (approximately) starting Sept. 7th. Haven't had a lot of time to work out the details of getting to/from your house and the games for Sept. and Oct. yet. I'll look at it sometime this weekend.

If Phil is gonna whine we will pick you up! :up:

:D :jk: Phil

:;

Voltron
08-26-2004, 09:22 PM
sounds like a plan...ya'll just be ready to drink!

:cheers:

Sounds like the 4 of us may be joining you if we can't find tix :up:

Michael82
08-26-2004, 10:09 PM
Sounds good. :boozer:

Tatonka
08-26-2004, 10:53 PM
how far is this place from the stadium.. i may drive up from richmond, virginia.

The_Philster
08-27-2004, 03:01 AM
how far is this place from the stadium.. i may drive up from richmond, virginia.
Sliders? Just a few blocks. You can see the Stadium from it

kardshark19
08-27-2004, 03:09 AM

The more the merrier!

:cheers: :drunks:

kardshark19
08-27-2004, 03:11 AM
Sliders? Just a few blocks. You can see the Stadium from it

Hey Phil...they got plenty of parking?

The_Philster
08-27-2004, 03:14 AM
Hey Phil...they got plenty of parking?
Not right at the bar...but there are parking garages within walking distance.

kardshark19
08-27-2004, 03:15 AM
Not right at the bar...but there are parking garages within walking distance.

Pls say they're free on Sundays :pray:

The_Philster
08-27-2004, 03:20 AM
:idunno: I was only there on a Saturday

R. Rich
08-27-2004, 06:20 AM
Pls say they're free on Sundays :pray:

On GAME DAY Sunday???

G. Host
08-27-2004, 07:18 AM
I didn't pay for parking before LAST tailgate at Baltimore and was only a short walk due to tip from Wys. Of course I did get there fairly early.

kardshark19
08-27-2004, 09:51 AM
On GAME DAY Sunday???

Is that a no? :(

R. Rich
08-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Is that a no? :(

It's not impossible, but you'll have to look hard for those kind of hookups for a regular season game.