PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports' NFL Dream Team

R. Rich
08-26-2004, 04:17 PM
I saw this posted over at TBD.
Link (http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2690656?GT1=4529)

No Bills on this team, but I don't think it's that unfair if you look at who they put on here. There is some room for debate, though. Especially some of the starters.

Crisis
08-26-2004, 04:19 PM
I'd actually say Hines Ward and Moulds are about even. I'd actually give Moulds the edge though.

Crisis
08-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Moorman as Punter, also.

Where's Ruben Brown?

R. Rich
08-26-2004, 04:23 PM
Moorman as Punter, also.

Where's Ruben Brown?

Where he should be, behind the 4 they have listed (Rivera, Shields, Faneca, and Bentley). Then again, Bentley is slated to move to center this year for New Orleans, so...

Crisis
08-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Where he should be, behind the 4 they have listed (Rivera, Shields, Faneca, and Bentley). Then again, Bentley is slated to move to center this year for New Orleans, so...

Heh, I was joking about Ruben, since some people here still think he is a worthy pro-bowler.

L.A. Playa
:rofl: :rofl:
Moorman as Punter, also.

Where's Ruben Brown?

R. Rich
I'd actually say Hines Ward and Moulds are about even. I'd actually give Moulds the edge though.

If you base it on the past few seasons, I'd have to give the edge to Ward. I do think they're pretty even. Actually, I think they're all pretty even in terms of their abilities and style of play.

Crisis
08-26-2004, 04:25 PM
If you base it on the past few seasons, I'd have to give the edge to Ward. I do think they're pretty even. Actually, I think they're all pretty even in terms of their abilities and style of play.

That's what I was thinking. But, I think Moulds edges out Ward as a deep threat more. Then again, I dont watch alot of Steelers games so I could be wrong about that.

R. Rich
08-26-2004, 04:25 PM
Heh, I was joking about Ruben, since some people here still think he is a worthy pro-bowler.

Well, after all, he did go to 8 Pro Bowls. Blah blah blah...

R. Rich
08-26-2004, 04:27 PM
That's what I was thinking. But, I think Moulds edges out Ward as a deep threat more. Then again, I dont watch alot of Steelers games so I could be wrong about that.

From the time he got there, Ward has been a guy who can make the big play at virtually any time. He had that ability, then added better fundamentals and a penchant for crushing blocks as he became the starter.

Voltron
08-26-2004, 05:25 PM
From the time he got there, Ward has been a guy who can make the big play at virtually any time. He had that ability, then added better fundamentals and a penchant for crushing blocks as he became the starter.

Moulds may edge Ward out as a pure reciever but Ward is a much more complete package if you combine his blocking and route running. Moulds has also been hurt a lot more too

G. Host
08-26-2004, 05:52 PM
Moulds may edge Ward out as a pure reciever but Ward is a much more complete package if you combine his blocking and route running. Moulds has also been hurt a lot more too

Is this an even or odd year? In an even year I'd bet on Moulds otherwise Ward.

HenryRules
08-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Where's Kretz (sp? ... the dude on the Bears) at C?

I think he's as good as Birk.

HenryRules
08-26-2004, 06:01 PM
That 2002 draft class is turning out to be amazing.

Row Williams
Ed Reed
Dwight Freeney
LeCharles Bentley

Bill Brasky
08-26-2004, 06:11 PM
I would figure that at least ONE of our defensive players might have made it. I would take a lot of other guys over Hines Ward as well.

Ickybaluky
08-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Moorman as Punter, also.

I'd give Hentrich the nod at punter because he has been one of the top guys a lot longer than Moorman and is an excellent kickoff off as well. Hentrich also has been a long-range and emergency FG guy, and done well in that role when called upon.

I realize Moulds was hurt last year and thus Ward gets the edge for consistency, but if I were picking a team I'd take Moulds over Ward. Not that Ward is a bad player or anything, but I think Moulds is the better receiver.

WR is a pretty stacked position in the NFL, so it is tough to make a choice. However, I would have put Tory Holt on the team over Ward and probably Owens as well. His omission is glaring, IMO, as you could make a pretty good case he has been the best WR in the NFL over the last 4 years.

The other glaring omission, IMO, is leaving Brian Dawkins off the list at S. My starters at S would be Ed Reed (SS) and Brian Dawkins (FS).

mypoorfriendme
08-26-2004, 09:33 PM
brett favre starting are you kidding?