PDA

View Full Version : Article on Tucker from Princeton paper

G. Host
08-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Princeton U. graduate in second year with Bills (http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1091&dept_id=425696&newsid=12788821&PAG=461&rfi=9)

Ross Tucker felt 50 after starting the final five games last year for the Buffalo Bills.
The Princeton University graduate is only 24, but seemed decades older after finishing his third season in the NFL.
"After a season, it takes me another week to a month just for everything to heal up," Tucker said. "It seems like it takes a little longer to recover each year."
But in that recovery time after the season, Tucker also sees a glimpse of a future that's not nearly as thrilling without football. The 2001 PU graduate interned at Merrill Lynch in downtown Buffalo from mid-March to mid-June.
"I did team workouts, and two or three days a week I worked at Merrill Lynch," Tucker said. "Putting on a suit and tie and driving downtown into an office, more than anything that serves as motivation to keep it going as long as possible."

Tucker is now #2 Center rather than a guard and Center seems like a perfect position for a player who is smart and tough,