X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • finsrclowns
    • Apr 2004

Lawrence Smith vs. Ross Tucker

I admit to being very close to obsessesd with this position, but I have a favor to ask Zone members.

Anyone who has NFL Network and is planning to watch the game Sunday night, try to pay attention to how both Smith and Tucker do. I don't think the coaches have made a final decision on the starter so hopefully one or the other will step up. Please post your thoughts on this thread Monday. Thanks.
    finsrclowns
  • saviorbledsoe
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by finsrclowns
    I admit to being very close to obsessesd with this position, but I have a favor to ask Zone members.

Anyone who has NFL Network and is planning to watch the game Sunday night, try to pay attention to how both Smith and Tucker do. I don't think the coaches have made a final decision on the starter so hopefully one or the other will step up. Please post your thoughts on this thread Monday. Thanks.

Tucker is playing center. and i hope he beats out Teague tills its said and done.

Comment

• finsrclowns
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
      Tucker is playing center. and i hope he beats out Teague tills its said and done.
      Leo Roth of Buffalo News said today "Meanwhile, left guard is a merry-go-round with Tucker and newcomer Lawrence Smith still battling it out after Mike Pucillo laid an egg."

Tucker has seen time at center but he also relieved Smith last week after only a few series at LG. That battle is not over. As much as I would like to see it change, I'm close to resigned that Teague will retain his starting spot at center over Tucker.
      finsrclowns

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Leo Roth of Buffalo News said today "Meanwhile, left guard is a merry-go-round with Tucker and newcomer Lawrence Smith still battling it out after Mike Pucillo laid an egg."

Tucker has seen time at center but he also relieved Smith last week after only a few series at LG. That battle is not over. As much as I would like to see it change, I'm close to resigned that Teague will retain his starting spot at center over Tucker.
        salary cap-wise there is no need to get rid of Teague unless he absolutely sucks...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Teague seems to have improved this year so I am less worried about him.
          Either Tucker or Smith appears to be better than either Pucillo or Sullivan as guard. Smith may have more potential but I think Tucker is a more sound player.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
            • Jan 2004

Teague looks great so far.
            You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ScottLawrence

i agree.. he has only had 3 friggin botched shotgun snaps so far.. and even though most of the top centers in the league (which is what he should be compaired against, since his 2.5 million is top center money) dont mess up that many snaps in a season.. who really needs a center that can shotgun snap anyway.. drew is plenty mobile to just take the snap from under center and drop back.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                what kind of craziness is this?

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

The battle is pretty much over. Smith has the job. Tucker will concentrate on backup OC.

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
                    Exhausted of Losing
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal
                    The battle is pretty much over. Smith has the job. Tucker will concentrate on backup OC.
                    I agree with you there, what has Smith done to prove he doesn't deserve the job? He's been solid since he arrived. Tucker is good but really hasn't stood out and told the coaching staff he deserves the job like Smith did. People said Tucker had a great shot at the job early in training camo but didn't even outplay Pucillio.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                      • Apr 2004

If I were Smith's dad I sure as he!! wouldn't tell Lawrence that. Believe me, both guys are going to get a long look Sunday and Smith better have a good game if he wants to lock up the job. I'd go as far as to say he has to play every bit as well or better than Tucker this week to get the nod. It's not like he's the incumbant starter- he's had what 5-6 practices and part of 1 game with the first unit? It ain't over till it's over.
                      finsrclowns

Comment

• finsrclowns
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        i agree.. he has only had 3 friggin botched shotgun snaps so far.. and even though most of the top centers in the league (which is what he should be compaired against, since his 2.5 million is top center money) dont mess up that many snaps in a season.. who really needs a center that can shotgun snap anyway.. drew is plenty mobile to just take the snap from under center and drop back.

finsrclowns

Comment

• HenryRules
                          • Jul 2002

I know Pucillo sucked ... but man, I don't know if I've ever seen someone drop so quickly.

He was a starter no more than 2 weeks ago and now you never even hear his name mentioned by anyone.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules
                            I know Pucillo sucked ... but man, I don't know if I've ever seen someone drop so quickly.

He was a starter no more than 2 weeks ago and now you never even hear his name mentioned by anyone.
                            Maybe this coaching staff is just smart enough to realize he sucks, he'll probably always suck, and we're better off without him.
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

Tucker was doing a nice job pulling against Tennessee.

Comment

Working...
                              X