PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Round Table 8/26/04 - On the front page!!

Ebenezer
08-27-2004, 01:21 PM
The latest BillsZone Roundtable is up and ready for reading. Remember, the invite is open to all fans that would like to discuss current Buffalo Bills events.

Tonight I am joined by BillsZone staffers/reporters Ryjam (Ryan Withey) and Billsology (AKA Dave Gennocro). Guys it is a pleasure.
Frank: This week, more important than the game against the Titans, was the injury to Buffalo Bills rookie first rounder JP Losman. Physically, he will be fine. But, how do you think the broken leg will affect his development.

Billsology: It may be a blessing in disguise. It's going to show the guy that this isn't the NCAA; that the defenders in the NFL play for keeps.

Ryjam: I have to say it really shouldn't affect him that much. Sure, he will miss some reps live but he wasn't supposed to play a whole lot so he will still be there to learn by watching. I don't think it will hurt anything at all. He will think twice when trying to run over DB's now

Full Round Table Transcript (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2004/08/27/billszone_round_table_82604.php)

That Guy
08-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Nice job to those who were involved.. that was a pretty good read.

Earthquake Enyart
08-27-2004, 01:34 PM
I don't buy it. No way Billsology used the word "tantamount"

Can I be in on that history one? :ee:

That Guy
08-27-2004, 01:36 PM

I'm gonna have to agree with you there.. I'm thinking that they know something that we don't.

Earthquake Enyart
08-27-2004, 01:39 PM
I think "Frank" is really Ricky Jay.

Ebenezer
08-27-2004, 01:40 PM

Can I be in on that history one? :ee:
Since it is a special Roundtable we could open it up to one more...drop me a PM with your MSN handle...

Voltron
08-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Nice Job guys! I enjoyed reading it but I have to say I enjoyed being part of it even more :D

Voltron
08-27-2004, 01:47 PM
What sport did ryjam play professionaly? I don't think I ever heard.

Ebenezer
08-27-2004, 01:54 PM
What sport did ryjam play professionaly? I don't think I ever heard.
:idunno: :scratch: somebody said baseball once but I really don't remember.

ryjam282
08-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I played baseball. With the Anaheim Angels. Look at the pic in my signature. The one on the left is my first baseball card when I was in 'A' ball.

Voltron
08-27-2004, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I played baseball. With the Anaheim Angels. Look at the pic in my signature. The one on the left is my first baseball card when I was in 'A' ball.

:offtopic:

Look what I found :D

Ryan Withey
Position: OF
High School:
College: Florida Atlantic University
Drafted: Selected by Anaheim Angels in 24th Round (710th Overall) of 2000 amateur draft. (June-Reg Phase)

That is really cool!!

My sister used to date Mark Lemke, 3rd baseman of the Atlanta Braves, when they were in High School together. He has a WS ring from 1995 and I saw him at a Nice and Easy shop in Whitesboro that year. He was trying not to be noticed by wearing a baseball cap (not a braves one) and sunglasses but I think the big honking dimond ring on his hand kinda stuck out so I went and said hi and broke his chops a bit. He rememberd me too!! My sister still sees him when she goes to Braves games cause he does color comentary for the braves on the radio.

Historian
08-27-2004, 03:11 PM

It probably should have been 'paramount'. I'm the world's worst typist. I was just trying to keep up.
:broken:

ryjam282
08-27-2004, 04:20 PM
It is actually a very big rumor all over the big leagues that Mark Lemke was gay...I am glad you could shed some light on that...I am not joking, he and Brian McCrae as well. Who knows though.

Thanks for finding that, I love reading that stuff, too bad I could hit a damn slider.

Michael82
08-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Good job, guys! :up:

That Guy
08-27-2004, 11:06 PM
It is actually a very big rumor all over the big leagues that Mark Lemke was gay...I am glad you could shed some light on that...I am not joking, he and Brian McCrae as well. Who knows though.

Thanks for finding that, I love reading that stuff, too bad I could hit a damn slider.

Do you know any other big league rumors that you can share? :funny:

ryjam282
08-27-2004, 11:12 PM
I can tell you the story of the time Mo Vaughn yelled at me....I got a call up for a big league spring training game against the Mariners. We were in the clubhouse and the pre-game meals are a lot different for the big leaguers then in the minors. So, they had meatballs and roast beef. My first trip up, I got some meatballs and a little portion of roast beef....Then about 5 minutes later, I go up again and when I was up there I get..."Hey Rook, get out of there. There ain't no seconds for you." It was Mo Vaughn. (Like he needed any more calories in his diet). So, I just backed off and went back to my locker. 2 minutes later, Tim Salmon came by with a bowl of meatballs for me and said, he's an assh&$le, don't worry about him. So, then in my 2nd at bat, off the Dali Lama (John Halama), I hit a 2-2 changeup outta the park....I was pumped...Then, Mo Vaughn proceeded to strike out....So, the moral of the story, don't eat Mo Vaughn's food cause he makes more money then you....At least at the time he did :snicker:

That Guy
08-27-2004, 11:15 PM
...who would've thought that Mo Vaughn would've gone on to win American Idol?

Dozerdog
08-27-2004, 11:49 PM
I can tell you the story of the time Mo Vaughn yelled at me....I got a call up for a big league spring training game against the Mariners. We were in the clubhouse and the pre-game meals are a lot different for the big leaguers then in the minors. So, they had meatballs and roast beef. My first trip up, I got some meatballs and a little portion of roast beef....Then about 5 minutes later, I go up again and when I was up there I get..."Hey Rook, get out of there. There ain't no seconds for you." It was Mo Vaughn. (Like he needed any more calories in his diet). So, I just backed off and went back to my locker. 2 minutes later, Tim Salmon came by with a bowl of meatballs for me and said, he's an assh&$le, don't worry about him. So, then in my 2nd at bat, off the Dali Lama (John Halama), I hit a 2-2 changeup outta the park....I was pumped...Then, Mo Vaughn proceeded to strike out....So, the moral of the story, don't eat Mo Vaughn's food cause he makes more money then you....At least at the time he did :snicker:

That's great!

I would have asked Mo if these meatballs were better than the Foxy Lady's.

(Mo flipped his SUV on the way home from having "BREAKFAST" at the Foxy- a RI strip club - at 3 AM- I guess his wife was pretty pissed)

ryjam282
08-28-2004, 08:02 AM
:lolcry:

Michael82
08-28-2004, 08:03 AM
:roflmao: That's great. I love reading these kind of stories. got anymore? I'd love to hear more of your MLB stories. :up:

ryjam282
08-28-2004, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I have another one....A buddy of mine (Todd Moser), who pitched for the Marlins at the time (in the minors) was teammates with Josh Beckett and we all went out to dinner after a game one night....So, there we are, Me, Todd, and few others, and Josh Becket (he got like a 3 million dollar signing bonus). So, the bill comes and we are all talking and Todd grabs me and says watch this...He gets up and goes to the bathroom, calls me and the other guys on his cell phone and tells them to meet him outside, but act like they are going to the bathroom....We all did, leaving Beckett there. About 20 minutes later, he realized what we did. He covers the bill...It was priceless. He could definitely afford a 150 dollar bill, and even more so these days.

So, the moral to that story, if you are going to dinner...Make sure it is with a future major leaguer and bonus baby, so he can cover the bill...

Ryan

mybills
08-28-2004, 01:25 PM
That's too funny! How come you don't have a huge ass like all the other baseball players? :rofl:

:jk: