X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gsobie
    • Jan 2004

Morrison Said Something Interesting

Jeff Morrison was on Simoncast earlier and he was saying Bellichek really didn't have anything to do with the Bledsoe deal. Robert Kraft did the trade as a favor to Drew Bledsoe for all his years of service to them. He said it wasn't like everyone was saying that Bellichek did it because he thought Drew was washed up.

I just found that interesting since the general belief was that BB sent him to Buffalo because he knew Drew had nothing left.
    aka: NCBillsfan
  • FTG
    • Aug 2004

I still don't think BB shed any tears when Bledsoe left
    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by gsobie
      Jeff Morrison was on Simoncast earlier and he was saying Bellichek really didn't have anything to do with the Bledsoe deal. Robert Kraft did the trade as a favor to Drew Bledsoe for all his years of service to them. He said it wasn't like everyone was saying that Bellichek did it because he thought Drew was washed up.

I just found that interesting since the general belief was that BB sent him to Buffalo because he knew Drew had nothing left.
      its just another example of the media cooking up stories to sell papers. i work in the media and i still have to say $%^& the media!

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I actually buy this....

1) Bill Bellicheck has a history of pushing out the entrenched incumbant- see Bernie Kosar in Cleveland. They dumbed down the offense when Brady first came in post DB injury and found that their offense clicked better.

2) With a guy on a minimal contract winning a SB, Both BB and Kraft knew Bledsoe was too expensive as a #2, and saw an opportunity for long term success using future Bledsoe Money to retain their younger guys. Plus, a winning SB team does not need a QB controversy.

3) BB wanted a lot more for Bledsoe than what people were offering. I think Kraft finally stepped in and took what was out there as a favor to DB as well as clearing the cap space down the road. But he did cost NE 7 Million in 2002 dead cap.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
          I actually buy this....

1) Bill Bellicheck has a history of pushing out the entrenched incumbant- see Bernie Kosar in Cleveland. They dumbed down the offense when Brady first came in post DB injury and found that their offense clicked better.

2) With a guy on a minimal contract winning a SB, Both BB and Kraft knew Bledsoe was too expensive as a #2, and saw an opportunity for long term success using future Bledsoe Money to retain their younger guys. Plus, a winning SB team does not need a QB controversy.

3) BB wanted a lot more for Bledsoe than what people were offering. I think Kraft finally stepped in and took what was out there as a favor to DB as well as clearing the cap space down the road. But he did cost NE 7 Million in 2002 dead cap.
          Bingo.

Comment

• northernbillfan
            Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Same thing happened in St Louis last season with Wariner. At least NE didn't hold on to DB too long, and their loss is our gain because he WILL return to form this season.

Drew still has something to prove to the league (IMHO) and this is his final chance to do it.
            When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Throne Logic
              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
              Same thing happened in St Louis last season with Wariner. At least NE didn't hold on to DB too long, and their loss is our gain because he WILL return to form this season.

Drew still has something to prove to the league (IMHO) and this is his final chance to do it.
              This is what concerns me. Drew plays better when he doesn't have this particular type of pressure on him. I don't want him to feel like he has to personally make big plays. This is exactly where he begins to screw things up with forced passes and poor decisions.

If he's relaxed and going with the flow of a balanced offense, he's capable of being a pro-bowl talent.
              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

Working...
              X