• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Brunell looks just awful

I sure am glad we didn't go after him in the offseason.
    Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 08-27-2004, 09:20 PM.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

portis could be in trouble this year with no help.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HenryRules
      • Jul 2002

I don't think Brunell has ever had a bad season (last year he was injured, but I think he was ok when he was in there), so I wouldn't put much stock in his preseason form (haven't seen him play, but either way it wouldn't mean much to me). You can pretty much count on him to get you about 18 TDs, 8 INTs, and 3000+ yards per.

Washington's offense is pretty underrated ... they've got a really good OL, depth at all positions (Ramsey, Canidate/Betts, Gardner/McCants/Jacobs). The only thing they're missing is that standout WR (I don't think Coles is there yet). But really, that offense is going to click I think.

As much as everyone wants Snyder to fail, they're my choice as suprise team in the NFC.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Actually I was being sarcastic.

I think Brunell looked sharp...mobile, led the offense with authority and threw well. IMHO, we would have been much better off had we released Drew and picked him up. Money wise I don't think there was a huge difference, and even if there was, if he were on our team I'd have a LOT more optimism about our chances this year. He can make a bad oline look alot better than ol' Leadfoot. And given his style he'd also relate to and be a better mentor to JP as well.
        Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 08-28-2004, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Brunell's done. He'll get killed behind the Redslkins' O-line (and so too will Portis), and then Ramsey will get killed.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
            Actually I was being sarcastic.

I think Brunell looked sharp...mobile, led the offense with authority and threw well. IMHO, we would have been much better off had we released Drew and picked him up. Money wise I don't think there was a huge difference, and even if there was, if he were on our team I'd have a LOT more optimism about our chances this year. He can make a bad oline look alot better than ol' Leadfoot. And given his style he'd also relate to and be a better mentor to JP as well.
            I got him for my fantasy league.

Comment

• ryjam282
              Offical Billszone Starting QB
              • Mar 2003

If you picked him up, I wish I was in your league...Brunell sucks. He will not last the season behind that line.

Ryan Withey
              Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

It's sad that Washington's line with their back-ups is just as good as ours.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Well if Brunell is going to get killed, Drew is going to be absolute road pizza. Brunell is still one of the more mobile Qbs in the league and our oline is not that different from Washington's. That's why I wanted to go after Brunell...at least with his mobility we'd have a shot.

Comment

Working...
                  X