PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe & Colts

illusionone
08-27-2004, 09:30 PM
How important is it, that Drew has not just a good game, but a great game vs. the Colts on Saturday

Mr. Cynical
08-27-2004, 09:36 PM
Important in what way?

juice
08-27-2004, 09:37 PM
How important is it, that Drew has not just a good game, but a great game vs. the Colts on Saturday

It all depends on the Line-Play.. If this group can control the LOS and open Run lanes for WM then DB will not be forced into 3rd and long, and be a victom of jailbreak Blitzes.. This Line can't handle alot of all-out blitz packages.

DB can maybe get the TE's involved for quick dumps and screen passes to the RBs.. That will keep the pressure off of the line to hold blocks for more than 4 seconds.

illusionone
08-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Important in what way?

Overall performance

Mr. Cynical
08-28-2004, 02:24 AM
Overall performance
Do you mean....how important is it for Drew to have a great game in order for the Bills to win the game against the Colts?

The_Philster
08-28-2004, 03:28 AM
I think it's more important tonight than in any other preseason game as he should get a lot of playing time and will hopefully show us how much Mularkey and Clements have improved the system so that he can return to form. At the same time, we have to remember a lot of wrinkles simply won't be shown so our expectations should be tempered with some reality.

colin
08-28-2004, 05:32 AM
c'mon now, this is preseason. Drew and most of our players have gone through hundreds of pro practices, dozens of preseason games, and a bunch of regular seasons as well.

the only thing important in the preseason is not to get anyone hurt.

Jayhawk
08-28-2004, 06:35 AM
yeah as long as drew doesn't get hurt, and we show that the offense works well, I have no problem if Drew plays ok.

Historian
08-28-2004, 07:05 AM
I just want to see good, crisp fundamentals while he is in there. Short passes that are on target, quick releases, etc.

Michael82
08-28-2004, 08:12 AM
And remember...we still don't have our starting Offensive line for this game either or our starting RB.

FTG
08-28-2004, 09:04 AM
And remember...we still don't have our starting Offensive line for this game either or our starting RB.

who's not playing from the line?

Hemlepp53
08-28-2004, 09:25 AM
The overall game play of Drew in this game is critical.. I Believe he needs to show us all coaches, fans, and critics that doubt his ability. I would like to see Drew come out this game and show that the changes that were strived to make this summer/off season were infact improvments and worth the time and change that was spent to improve his overall game play. The O-Line will need to step it up and earn there change as well. I know the O-Line in most teams get over looked but it is in teams like the Bills that the O-Line will get its due recoginition and respect if the cut the sacks and split the D-Line for Henry/Willis. Dunno.. I think every game is important in the Preseason for the simple fact it shows the improvment and flairs the HOPE for a productive season. Just my 50 Cents... on the subject. I wont know until I read this if it makes sense or not ... lol.. so be easy on me fellaz

finsrclowns
08-28-2004, 11:15 AM
The problem with preseason in terms of testing our OL is teams are generally playing vanilla packages. The major problem with the OL in the past two years has been blitz pickup.

How many blitzes do you see in preseason? Especially all out, katy bar the door blitzes? The kind that by the end of last year left Bledsoe beat up and beaten? So yes, it would be great to see some good play out of the O tonight but either way we won't REALLY know if any serious progress has been made until they drop the flag in game 1.

madness
08-28-2004, 11:36 AM
The problem with preseason in terms of testing our OL is teams are generally playing vanilla packages. The major problem with the OL in the past two years has been blitz pickup.
How many blitzes do you see in preseason? Especially all out, katy bar the door blitzes? The kind that by the end of last year left Bledsoe beat up and beaten? So yes, it would be great to see some good play out of the O tonight but either way we won't REALLY know if any serious progress has been made until they drop the flag in game 1.

Usually, exhibition games feature vanilla defenses. But the Jets threw all kinds of defensive looks at the Giants, from both 4-3 and 3-4 alignments, with frequent safety blitzes and a nice mix of coverages.

NFL teams generally use the second-to-last preseason game as the final extensive tune-up. If someone gets injured, they still have two weeks to heal before the season opener.

Tonight will be a better "gauge" then any other game to see how well Drew and the O-line looks before the regular season.

Mr. Cynical
08-28-2004, 12:30 PM
...our expectations should be tempered with some reality.:jawdrop:
Egad. You used the "r" word.

:;

mayotm
08-28-2004, 01:05 PM
who's not playing from the line?

Jennings is a game time decision. He likely won't play since he didn't practice all week.

ShadowHawk7
08-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Moulds is questionable as well, as is McGee..

The_Philster
08-28-2004, 02:36 PM
:jawdrop:
Egad. You used the "r" word.

:;
I said reality, not cynicism and pessimism :;