Don Cherry
11-04-2002, 10:59 PM
Hockey studs

Don Cherry
11-04-2002, 11:00 PM
Rink Rat Duds

Don Cherry
11-04-2002, 11:10 PM
Sabre Ally's late rally avoided an embarassing loss to the Dozerdogs, and she wound up stealing a few points to boot. Ally , who was down an average of 10-1 all week, stormed back.

Oddly, these two teams made a trade mid week with each other, DDogs sending the slow starting Ed Belfour to Ally in exchange for 30g/40A 70 point guy Sergei Samsonov of the Bruins.

Don Cherry
11-04-2002, 11:17 PM
Kind Sharks were pretty anemic offensively this week as they bowed to Blame Canada. BC was led by Paul Kariya's Hat trick in Boston on halloween.

The Kind Sharks did dominate the goaltending duel to make it close

Don Cherry
11-04-2002, 11:33 PM
The Cable guys had an aweful week as the sabres laden team were just horrid when Buffalo was on their western road swing.

A +/- of Minus -17? is that in Celsius or Farenheit? This team is cold !!!

$th and long also got 4 wins from their Goalie rotation of Denis (Columbus) Thiebault, and Theodore

The Cable guys did pull an interesting Deal with the Dozerdogs. Martin Biron and LW/C Samuellsson (Rangers) went to the Cable Guys in exchange for Boston Goalies Shields and the injured Graham. While the Cable guys get the better overall goalie, the DDogs get a sure starter whenever Boston plays. The DDogs coupled that move with the Belfour for Samsonov deal. Dozerdog likes those Beantown players.....

Don Cherry
11-04-2002, 11:42 PM
The AJDogs dismantled the bbors club by outscoring, out assisting, and out goaltending their opponent. 60 seconds worth of penalty time and a shutout by Calgary's Roman Turek kept the weekend from becoming a total humiliation.

Don Cherry
11-04-2002, 11:48 PM
Typo-

Let me give you a hint- you have to find 2 goalies that can average at least 1 start a week each!Your team was the only one not to qualify Goalie stats. You need 2 starts from your goalies to have a chance. This was going to be a close one, the ZBKings were only holding a slim 4-3 lead, but without any goaltending stats, the Kings swept the 5 remaining categories.

Unfortunatly, Typo's strenght going into this season, goaltending, is now a liability with both Kolzig and Burke on IR. I would grab either of their backups quick and salvage your season.

Don Cherry
11-04-2002, 11:57 PM
Buffalo Jr vs Syracuse Jr.

Off white vs Tan

Tepid vs Luke Warm.......

The Rochester Sabres dominated the scoring side sweeping every offensive stat. The Wildcats swept all goaltending stats and the penalty minutes.

If anything, these two should work a trade between each other-send one of the Wildcats Goaltenders across Kodak park for some scoring. Otherwise, these two will be mediocre as tapioca pudding vs Vanilla pudding

Don Cherry
11-05-2002, 12:06 AM
In what was the biggest see-saw battle (and most entertaining) game of the week, the crochety old Peace Bridge Bombers took out the captain of the Hot Pink team, the East Bay Sharks.

The Bombers were impotent in goals produced, but received an infusion of Bob Dole's "little blue freinds" and racked up the assists. schwing!!!!!!!!

Neither side offered any semblance of goaltending,m and the PBB's swept the goaltending stats for the margin of victory.

Don Cherry
11-05-2002, 12:11 AM
Clump the Chump rode Joe Sakic's monster 6 goal week to victory over BironGirl's Puckhead squad.

While Clump swept the offensive stats, Goaltending was pretty even in this one. Cechmanek and Boucher kept the GAA down for clump, but the Puckhead's depth at the position earned them 3 wins and most saves.

Don Cherry
11-05-2002, 12:17 AM
The battles for this week

Buffarama
11-05-2002, 05:22 AM
I love this Don Cherry analysis. Keep up the good work!

northernbillfan
11-05-2002, 01:21 PM
Good work Grapes. :up:

Earthquake Enyart
11-05-2002, 01:29 PM
crochety? I'm way younger than you grapes.

BironsGirl43
11-05-2002, 02:55 PM
Yeah you're doing a great job Grapes.. but my team sucks..... damn I thought we'd win.. but most of my best players are on IR.. Yzerman, Allison, Brent Johnson :(

Anyways I still don't really understand how this league works but oh well.....