• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I don't know if I'd publish this...

The Idaho State Journal reported that their beloved back, Isaac Mitchell from ISU was cut this week. Then they extolled about the Bengals releasing a punter (Eddie Johnson).

That's like saying "...Look at us. Two of our drafted players were relelased this week. Come and join ISU's football program."

It's not like we don't have enough backs. He was just dead weight anyway.

Article
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• clumping platelets

Dead Weight = Training Camp Fodder

He never had a chance

Comment

• northernbillfan
      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Exactly, so why even print his name again in the state paper?
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
        That's like saying "...Look at us. Two of our drafted players were relelased this week. Come and join ISU's football program."
        Technically, Mitchell was undrafted and Eddie Johnson has now been cut twice...drafted by the Vikes in 2003 so yeah, it's not a good advertisement for the Idaho State football program. You'd hope they put a lot of effort into publishing stories about KC DE Jared Allen, who's making a splash with the Chiefs
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I think it is simply a way of giving their fans some news about their prominent players.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

I'm not sure "extolled" is the right word. It's the responisbility of newspapers to print what happens. It was pertinent news to the fnas of the Idaho State program. A single paragraph blurb was a quick relatively painless way for the paper to fulfill its responsibilities.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• G. Host
              Banned
              • Jul 2002

Bills have not posted announcement nor updated roster to reflect it.
              The 6 players released were removed from roster,

I wonder how many other players they have silently released?
              Could they be hoping he can be signed onto practice squad without being noticed by other teams?

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                • Apr 2003

i didnt know idaho state had any descent players...my high school position coach was a coach there...wow coach ogulvey!
                the dude abides

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  I think it is simply a way of giving their fans some news about their prominent players.
                  yeah my alma matter does that for each senior class of players. A majority of them are in arena football 2
                  http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

Working...
                  X