PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if I'd publish this...

northernbillfan
08-28-2004, 03:21 AM
The Idaho State Journal reported that their beloved back, Isaac Mitchell from ISU was cut this week. Then they extolled about the Bengals releasing a punter (Eddie Johnson).

That's like saying "...Look at us. Two of our drafted players were relelased this week. Come and join ISU's football program."

It's not like we don't have enough backs. He was just dead weight anyway.

Article (http://www.journalnet.com/articles/2004/08/27/sports/sports05.txt)

clumping platelets
08-28-2004, 03:25 AM
Dead Weight = Training Camp Fodder

He never had a chance

northernbillfan
08-28-2004, 03:45 AM
Exactly, so why even print his name again in the state paper?

The_Philster
08-28-2004, 04:02 AM
That's like saying "...Look at us. Two of our drafted players were relelased this week. Come and join ISU's football program."Technically, Mitchell was undrafted and Eddie Johnson has now been cut twice...drafted by the Vikes in 2003 so yeah, it's not a good advertisement for the Idaho State football program. You'd hope they put a lot of effort into publishing stories about KC DE Jared Allen, who's making a splash with the Chiefs

Jan Reimers
08-28-2004, 06:47 AM
I think it is simply a way of giving their fans some news about their prominent players.

TigerJ
08-28-2004, 07:49 AM
I'm not sure "extolled" is the right word. It's the responisbility of newspapers to print what happens. It was pertinent news to the fnas of the Idaho State program. A single paragraph blurb was a quick relatively painless way for the paper to fulfill its responsibilities.

G. Host
08-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Bills have not posted announcement nor updated roster to reflect it.
The 6 players released were removed from roster,

I wonder how many other players they have silently released?
Could they be hoping he can be signed onto practice squad without being noticed by other teams?

mypoorfriendme
08-28-2004, 12:50 PM
i didnt know idaho state had any descent players...my high school position coach was a coach there...wow coach ogulvey!

Jayhawk
08-28-2004, 01:03 PM
I think it is simply a way of giving their fans some news about their prominent players.
yeah my alma matter does that for each senior class of players. A majority of them are in arena football 2