PDA

View Full Version : Official A. Brown needs to be cut thread.

Canadian'eh!
08-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Brown came from the CFL, and was brought in strictly due to his speed in hopes he could use it on returns.... This has NOT panned out.

It was't really the blocking... It might not have been great, but Brown always wants to run east-west and you CAN't do that in the NFL. the opposing players are all too fast an too good at tackling. There is always going to be 1 man to beat on KR/PR's and he never beat ANYONE. HIs first move after catching the ball was terrible,, usually running right into the closest defender.

I have heard the arguement that TD will pust to keep him because he signed him. crazy talk. Donahoe wants to win. He signed a guy out of the CFL. I highly doubt his loyalty is that extreme. you'd swear he never cuts a player! He will do what he has too to get this team winning. let's be realistic. a guy out of the CFL, making the minimum salary, that can't do the 1 job he was brought into do well, is NOT going to stay on the roster because TD signed him. I really think some people think TD has WAY more ego than he really does.

And as for playing other players on special teams... WHY NOT? 4th down is an oppotunity too! You need to take chances to WIN. We are talking about players who make millions of dollars here, yet we can't risk them getting hit for te betterment of teh team? Hitting is part of the game. So, If McGee or Clements is the best option at PR/KR, and we seriously want to win, then they SHOULD be doing it. A TD here or an extra 20 yards there can mean PLAYOFFS or NO PLAYOFFS.

Why do you think Steve Smith (Carolina's star #1 WR) still returns kicks and punts? Because he is the best they have at it. He contirbutes at least 1-2 TD's every year and god knows how much better field position for scores.... that means wins.... so why shoud we keep a guy who VERY OBVIOUSLY is not the best at returns on our team already, and can do NOTHING else to contribute, when we could have a roster spot for someone who can contribute in other areas AND give us better field position on returns?????

it makes no sense.

unless Brown becomes an elite returner (and with 0 elusiveness and tackle-breaking ability that just isn't hapening) there is STILL 0 reason for him to take someone betters spot.

So he needs to be cut, and I believe he will. Track stars are not football players.

Goobylal
08-28-2004, 10:13 AM
Brown is practically gone.

FTG
08-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Brown is practically gone.

exactly. Monday he goes bye bye!

saviorbledsoe
08-28-2004, 10:55 AM
We should make a Canadian'eh please change your signature thread too. :)

The_Philster
08-28-2004, 11:05 AM
We should make a Canadian'eh please change your signature thread too. :)
no kidding...most of us are still sick from that.

BTW, savior...love yours :10:

saviorbledsoe
08-28-2004, 11:46 AM
no kidding...most of us are still sick from that.

BTW, savior...love yours :10:

thank you very much.....i was a poet and didnt know it :)

saviorbledsoe
08-28-2004, 11:47 AM
by the way Canadian'eh....where did you get that little play? do they have others?

Canadian'eh!
08-28-2004, 01:07 PM
by the way Canadian'eh....where did you get that little play? do they have others?

I got it from a mod at my site.... he toldme it came from a Jets fan friend of his... beyond that I don't know.

I will cahnge it i guess.... but, you ahve to admit it's almost hypnotic.

It would have bothered me 2 years ago, but now it's actually kinda funny. Look at poor eddie's ankles.... poor guy still can't walk right. It looks worse than that scene in "Misery".

I'll have to find something else.

saviorbledsoe
08-28-2004, 03:53 PM
I got it from a mod at my site.... he toldme it came from a Jets fan friend of his... beyond that I don't know.

I will cahnge it i guess.... but, you ahve to admit it's almost hypnotic.

It would have bothered me 2 years ago, but now it's actually kinda funny. Look at poor eddie's ankles.... poor guy still can't walk right. It looks worse than that scene in "Misery".

I'll have to find something else.

i wish i could do that with some great plays in Bills history.

like the fg to win the comeback, the tipped td catch by moulds in the 02 snowbowl, the Tom Brady getting his helmet knocked off by Clements in 01, the wrecking of the green bay receiver by winfield in 02.

NapalmDeath
08-28-2004, 04:06 PM
exactly. Monday he goes bye bye!

Yes sir. He's gone.