PDA

View Full Version : It's not just the fans

The_Philster
11-05-2002, 05:05 AM
from BillsDaily (http://www.billsdaily.com)
Wilson Upset: Just about every fan and everyone in the media has second guessed Coach Williams move to punt on the first possession of the third quarter on 4th and 2 at the Pats 32. Owner Ralph Wilson has also weighed in on what is the play that sealed the Bills fate. Wilson said, "That changed the momentum rihgt there, I don't konw why we didn't go for it." It is unusual for Wilson to second guess his coach's decision publicly but this call deserved it. The failure to at least attempt to go for it showed the players that the club gave up in the game.

don137
11-05-2002, 05:29 AM
It was an all out bad decision against a weak rush defense. It show very little faith in the OL.
I'm not sure Ralph Wilson should of voiced his opinion to the media.

DIHARD2
11-05-2002, 05:31 AM
OCH, that hurt!!!!!!!!!!!

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Earthquake Enyart
11-05-2002, 06:50 AM
Ralph owns the damn team. He can say whatever he wants. Frankly I'm glad to hear him speak out. If we are tired of this crap, how do you think Ralph feels bankrolling this GW clown show?

I hope it seals GW's fate, and we clean house next year.

mybills
11-05-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Ralph owns the damn team. He can say whatever he wants. Frankly I'm glad to hear him speak out. If we are tired of this crap, how do you think Ralph feels bankrolling this GW clown show?

I hope it seals GW's fate, and we clean house next year.

I agree EE. Not to mention two non challenges in the first half!:firehead:

wharfrat
11-05-2002, 08:43 AM
From a completely objective perspective:

It was not the call I would have wanted to see the coach of my team make... but would it have mattered in the long run?

After finally seeing the game on tape, I can see why you guys are upset... it was as if he was admiting defeat already.... :huh:

Typ0
11-05-2002, 08:55 AM
The point is it was our chance to actually do something in the game that might have mattered. We needed to score there it would have brought back some momentum and only put us down by two scores. NE was moving right down the field against us. A 15 yard punt or a 30 yard punt putting the ball in NE hands was ludicrus when there was another option. Sure they may have gotten it anyway but there was a 50/50 shot we would have made a first down.

clumping platelets
11-05-2002, 09:01 AM
That's exactly what we need.....a coaching change. NOT!!!

All the best coaches started somewhere.........:rolleyes:

Patrick76777
11-05-2002, 09:01 AM
We were down by 10 at the time. If we put 7 on the board we have the momentum and it's only a 3 point game in the 3rd quarter. It was the biggest decision of the game.

WCoastFin
11-05-2002, 03:20 PM
This is going to get ugly.......:D

Novacane
11-05-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
This is going to get ugly.......:D

What, are you here enjoying our misery so you don't have to talk about how bad the phins are?

WCoastFin
11-05-2002, 03:47 PM
The Phins are pretty bad and I could sit here and talk about it,but I dont think anyone around here wants to hear it, this is a bills board, so lets enjoy your misery!... :D

don137
11-05-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
The Phins are pretty bad and I could sit here and talk about it,but I dont think anyone around here wants to hear it, this is a bills board, so lets enjoy your misery!... :D

Don't kid yourself, we enjoy seeing the Dolphins in worse shambles. Remember this is a rebuilding year for us. For the Dolphins this is a make or break year and judging by there performance the last two games we know where the Dolphins season is going...:flush: