PDA

View Full Version : More Dolphins Dumb Luck

OpIv37
11-05-2002, 05:52 AM
Even when Miami loses, they still have all the dumb luck go their way.

1. That interception in the endzone that bounced off the DB's foot and back into his hands
2. On the next drive- a dropped TD pass followed by a dropped completion for a first down
3. Two fumble recoveries on CONSECUTIVE plays blown by the refs (when has that ever happened before?). One of these was actually overturned, but due to a rule, GB still did not get the ball.

What's the point of instant replay if the refs still can't correct their mistakes? They ruled that it was a fumble, but by rule, could not give GB the ball. IMHO, this was the most ridiculous example of poor officiating since that blown coin toss screwed Pittsburgh a few years ago. And of course, Miami benefitted. The only bright spot is that it did not affect the outcome.

WCoastFin
11-05-2002, 03:04 PM
That INT was all Patrick Surtain...the most underrated player in the NFL....I never thought Id say this, but he might be better than Madison.

Ebenezer
11-05-2002, 03:06 PM
WCF that was just stupid dumb luck. the ball lands 3 inches either way and it drops incomplete...give it a rest.

Novacane
11-05-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37

What's the point of instant replay if the refs still can't correct their mistakes? They ruled that it was a fumble, but by rule, could not give GB the ball. IMHO, this was the most ridiculous example of poor officiating \.

How Right! THose idiots should just never blow the whistle! Let the play happen and then reiview it!

Jaydog57
11-05-2002, 07:25 PM
After the last 2 games, I think Miami will play a bit better and Sage will throw at least 3 TD passes and the defense will step up and somebody stop me if I'm talkin outta my ass......:hump:

northernbillfan
11-05-2002, 07:37 PM
Can we keep the forums in order?

When we play Miami, we can talk about Miami.

When we are talking about MIamis latest game, it should be in the NFL Zone.