PDA

View Full Version : What did everybody think of Bledsoe tonight??

Ebenezer
08-28-2004, 10:29 PM
I liked what I saw...conservative offense...stats are a little off because of the spikes near the end of the half. no TDs but I saw progress I did not see last year...

saviorbledsoe
08-28-2004, 10:31 PM
I liked what I saw...conservative offense...stats are a little off because of the spikes near the end of the half. no TDs but I saw progress I did not see last year...

i think he looked good. i even think the o-line did half decent. but every thing else sucked monkey balls tonight.

kgun12
08-28-2004, 10:32 PM
It bothers me that with so much experience he still doesn't read the blitz at all, and if he does he doesn't get rid of it. He looks like a deer in headlight when teams blitz him

clumping platelets
08-28-2004, 10:42 PM
It bothers me that with so much experience he still doesn't read the blitz at all, and if he does he doesn't get rid of it. He looks like a deer in headlight when teams blitz him

he can recognize it but he has barely any time to even throw the ball away. He's at least gottta throw it where it's not grounding and/or picked off.

I felt Bledsoe looked good. If the OL was, at a minimum average, then we would have few worries. Mcgahee did a decent avoiding tacklers in the backfield. I hope Jennings is OK....we need him :(

Ebenezer
08-28-2004, 10:50 PM
even Marv was saying he was doing the right thing eating it...

ZacGriffi~82
08-28-2004, 10:53 PM
I was pleased.

kgun12
08-28-2004, 10:55 PM
he can recognize it but he has barely any time to even throw the ball away. He's at least gottta throw it where it's not grounding and/or picked off.

I felt Bledsoe looked good. If the OL was, at a minimum average, then we would have few worries. Mcgahee did a decent avoiding tacklers in the backfield. I hope Jennings is OK....we need him :(

I don't buy that when RJ did it, it was all his fault! Not the lines. Look at Manning in the same situation. First he KNOWS it's coming and from where, second he finds the HOT reciever. There is more to his low sack total than just his line.

Drew is not any better and my be worst than RJ when it comes to taking sacks. The only differance I see between them is RJ had a hell of alot more scramble yards that cement shoes.

This is not about RJ as much as it is how people defend Drew for the same problems RJ had. The reason I don't give Drew the excuses is he has played waaay to long in this league to continue to take these types of sacks. Watch Carr and Harrington, they do a MUCH better job of reading and reacting to the blitz and hot reciever than Drew!

Ebenezer
08-28-2004, 10:58 PM
I don't buy that when RJ did it, it was all his fault! Not the lines. Look at Manning in the same situation. First he KNOWS it's coming and from where, second he finds the HOT reciever. There is more to his low sack total than just his line.

Drew is not any better and my be worst than RJ when it comes to taking sacks. The only differance I see between them is RJ had a hell of alot more scramble yards that cement shoes.

This is not about RJ as much as it is how people defend Drew for the same problems RJ had. The reason I don't give Drew the excuses is he has played waaay to long in this league to continue to take these types of sacks. Watch Carr and Harrington, they do a MUCH better job of reading and reacting to the blitz and hot reciever than Drew!
kgun, run the tape...even in slow mo Bledsoe did not have 4 seconds...this line sucks.

kgun12
08-28-2004, 11:01 PM
even Marv was saying he was doing the right thing eating it...

Marv is paid by the Donahoe and the Bills hence in the right hand corner of the TV BTN "Bills Television Network" he isn't going to say Drew has been around to long to not see that. Donahoe would find a new color guy!

BTW listening to Marv and Steve tonight made me LONG for Van Miller!!!

kgun12
08-28-2004, 11:05 PM
kgun, run the tape...even in slow mo Bledsoe did not have 4 seconds...this line sucks.

I'm not taking about every sack. There are times it is smart to eat the ball. In a blitz situation NO QB should have 3 or 4 seconds. It is the QB's job to recognize the Blitz and hit the hot reciever. How many times did we blitz and how many time did Manning point it out and how many times was he sacked.

Again this is about the 2 sacks I saw that came from the blitz. He didn't see it coming.

Typ0
08-28-2004, 11:06 PM
I thought he sucked. You can say he didn't have enough time which at times he didn't...but when he did he played very poorly. He threw the ball away twice and made a few other bad plays when he had opportunity. He's a veteran and we should expect much more. He's washed up and it's going to be a pathetic season.

saviorbledsoe
08-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Marv is paid by the Donahoe and the Bills hence in the right hand corner of the TV BTN "Bills Television Network" he isn't going to say Drew has been around to long to not see that. Donahoe would find a new color guy!

BTW listening to Marv and Steve tonight made me LONG for Van Miller!!!

oh here we go with the conspiracy theory.....and Kennedy wasnt shot by a magic bullet either :crazy:

illusionone
08-28-2004, 11:10 PM

Your just a hater

saviorbledsoe
08-28-2004, 11:10 PM
I thought he sucked. You can say he didn't have enough time which at times he didn't...but when he did he played very poorly. He threw the ball away twice and made a few other bad plays when he had opportunity. He's a veteran and we should expect much more. He's washed up and it's going to be a pathetic season.

you even hear or watch the game? look at his stats. and a couple of those incopletions were when he was spiking the ball. and you are mad at him for throwing it away?????????????????????????? what do you people want? if he gets sacked you say he should hgave thrown it away...when he throws it away i guess he should have taken the sack.

illusionone
08-28-2004, 11:11 PM

Gotta love your out look, I think your just looking for attention

kgun12
08-28-2004, 11:13 PM
oh here we go with the conspiracy theory.....and Kennedy wasnt shot by a magic bullet either :crazy:

Nothing to do with a conspiracy, I just think that because the it's the "BTN' and it's Marv you will ever hear him Bad mouth a player. First I really truely don't think TD would stand for it, second Mav is to classy. Third I don't was my time thinking up conspiracies.

illusionone
08-28-2004, 11:13 PM
you even hear or watch the game? look at his stats. and a couple of those incopletions were when he was spiking the ball. and you are mad at him for throwing it away?????????????????????????? what do you people want? if he gets sacked you say he should hgave thrown it away...when he throws it away i guess he should have taken the sack.

Don't even bother SB, Bledsoe could throw for 500 yards, 3 TD's and this guy would complain about his 1 sack...he is :crazy:

kgun12
08-28-2004, 11:15 PM
All I know is RJ got run out of town cause he took too many sacks and got hurt. Well Drew doesn't get hurt.

illusionone
08-28-2004, 11:17 PM
All I know is RJ got run out of town cause he took too many sacks and got hurt. Well Drew doesn't get hurt.

RJ, was a douche bag

kgun12
08-28-2004, 11:19 PM
RJ, was a douche bag

So is Bledsoe.

Besides I know you don't want to hear it, But Drew is 9-47 against teams with winning records. Face it Drew is a slower version of RJ that takes more sacks, has less scramble yards, but doesn't get hurt as much!

illusionone
08-28-2004, 11:22 PM
So is Bledsoe.

Besides I know you don't want to hear it, But Drew is 9-47 against teams with winning records. Face it Drew is a slower version of RJ that takes more sacks, has less scramble yards, but doesn't get hurt as much!

Scrambaling QB's are freakin overrated-I'm not going to argue with you, you have a freak agenda and i'm not going to bite....I'd rather drink terpentine and piss in a brush fire than read your analysis :zipit:

thenry20
08-28-2004, 11:24 PM

Some people don't like the facts. Once they dislike somebody, they will see what they want to see.

Our O-line is bad as pig ****.

I blame TD for his futility and the scouts for being unable to find mediocre linemen. This has gone on for far too long now.

Manning would surely die behind our line and would scream his balls off at them. DB needs to start getting into their stupid faces!

:mad:

illusionone
08-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Some people don't like the facts. Once they dislike somebody, they will see what they want to see.

I blame TD for his futility and the scouts for being unable to find mediocre linemen. This has gone on for far too long now.

Manning would surely die behind our line and would scream his balls off at them. DB needs to start getting into their stupid faces!

Very good point, plus look what manning did with a good O-Line
P. Manning 11/20 148 0 2 two freakin picks....

kgun12
08-28-2004, 11:32 PM
Scrambaling QB's are freakin overrated-I'm not going to argue with you, you have a freak agenda and i'm not going to bite....I'd rather drink terpentine and piss in a brush fire than read your analysis :zipit:

WOW talk about needing analysis! The topic asked what I thought about Drews performance tonight And I didn't like the fact he still takes to many sacks when other teams blitz him. Again just look at Manning! He is one of the lowest sacked QB's in the league year in and year out. He recognizes the Blitz and Drew still can't after all his years in the league. The thing I pointed out about RJ was that alot of the people that bashed him are the same ones defending Drew for the same problems. Can't have it both way. Just ask Kerry. lol.

But then I guess it's that old saying is true illusion. "don't confuss people with facts"!

illusionone
08-28-2004, 11:36 PM
Again just look at Manning! He is one of the lowest sacked QB's in the league year in and year out. He recognizes the Blitz and Drew still can't after all his years in the league.

Yeah and that stat means dick, Manning is one of the lowest sacked QB's, but Bledsoe has won more playoff games and has brought his team to the suberbowl, which Mr. buckle choke artist Manning can't and will never do.
Bledsoe will bring this team to the playoffs this year...it's too bad you will not enjoy it, due to your hatered

kgun12
08-28-2004, 11:42 PM
Yeah and that stat means dick, Manning is one of the lowest sacked QB's, but Bledsoe has won more playoff games and has brought his team to the suberbowl, which Mr. buckle choke artist Manning can't and will never do.
Bledsoe will bring this team to the playoffs this year...it's too bad you will not enjoy it, due to your hatered

breath deep man, relax, it's OK!

Wow them are some strong words. Playoffs maybe but doubt it. Too many new coaches, schemes and now injuries. Hatered I don't hate Drew, just able to see his faults. Liking a team is great blind faith just leads to heartbreak.

illusionone
08-28-2004, 11:43 PM
breath deep man, relax, it's OK!

Wow them are some strong words. Playoffs maybe but doubt it. Too many new coaches, schemes and now injuries. Hatered I don't hate Drew, just able to see his faults. Liking a team is great blind faith just leads to heartbreak.

Nobody knows heartbreak like me...I'm a redsox Fan

chernobylwraiths
08-28-2004, 11:47 PM

Our Oline isn't playing great right now, but our top tackle is hurt, again, and our backup tackle is hurt and also didn't play tonight. So they are auditioning for a new LG beside a second string LT and they are protecting Drew's blindside. That is not TD's fault. Injuries happen.

kgun12
08-28-2004, 11:47 PM
Nobody knows heartbreak like me...I'm a redsox Fan

That's CRAP!!! lol! Try this Redsox and Bills fan since 1964, Sabres fan since their first game in 1971 or 72 and a Cubs fan since 1981. Tell me about heartbreak!

chernobylwraiths
08-28-2004, 11:51 PM
That's CRAP!!! lol! Try this Redsox and Bills fan since 1964, Sabres fan since their first game in 1971 or 72 and a Cubs fan since 1981. Tell me about heartbreak!

How can you be both a Red Sox fan AND a Cubs fan. You must just be a masochist. Your a Clippers fan too aren't you? :D

Bill Brasky
08-28-2004, 11:52 PM

I think that he played well. He didn't make stupid plays, IE: he was actually scrambling instead of throwing the ball away or forcing it/throwing INT's.

The only weak spot is the O-Line. They suck so bad I don't think any QB could be successful behind them, and I'm glad that many of you are starting to realize it's not all Drew's fault.

kgun12
08-28-2004, 11:54 PM
How can you be both a Red Sox fan AND a Cubs fan. You must just be a masochist. Your a Clippers fan too aren't you? :D

No used to be a Celtics fan. But I hate the NBA now. Mugs and thugs!

Typ0
08-29-2004, 12:11 AM

Yeah I did watch the game. I suppose you could make a case that he has his stuff together on the perfect team for him...but guess what this isn't his perfect team. We're going NO WHERE this year...and what makes it worse is we probably will bring in another QB to make the situation more complicated. Our offensive line isn't doing great...but they aren't doing that poorly either. Drew is challenged enough...and every time he stands back there and is given time and side arms the ball into the defense or throws the ball into the ground he's throwing away the opportunities he needs to take advantage of to take the pressure off the line. Get back to me in ten weeks and we'll see what's going on.

We have talent on the team and people that can step up and make plays to win us games....perhaps Drew will once or twice this season but I wouldn't expect more from him. But we are a threat to no one. We will beat mediocre struggling teams and perhaps a good team or two that make mistakes...but a good team that executes well will beat us. We are 60% effective not because it's the pre-season but because that's the team we are...and it will be reflected in the final outcome of the season. If OBD is lucky we will have a decent season and be shut out from a play off spot because we were in a tough division so they can have more excuses. TD has failed to deliver a team that has a chance to get a decent playoff berth but he has done a great job of getting in some players to make everyone excited. I totally don't agree with hiring a head coach with no experince...but I guess it's a safe bet since he can be a scape goat for his own failures to drive the marketing machine as much as he can. I'm surprised how impressed I am with Malarkey...but he's been set up to fail in a very difficult league to win games. I am very excited to see someone over there that will help to put us in a position to win that's very important...but when it all comes down to it I don't think we have the tools to be a good football team. Competetive yes...able to win some games yes....able to compete in the long run no.

Typ0
08-29-2004, 12:12 AM
I think that he played well. He didn't make stupid plays, IE: he was actually scrambling instead of throwing the ball away or forcing it/throwing INT's.

The only weak spot is the O-Line. They suck so bad I don't think any QB could be successful behind them, and I'm glad that many of you are starting to realize it's not all Drew's fault.

Yeah I loved seeing Drew running head first into the defense...that's scrambling at it's best.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 12:42 AM
Yeah I did watch the game. I suppose you could make a case that he has his stuff together on the perfect team for him...but guess what this isn't his perfect team. We're going NO WHERE this year...and what makes it worse is we probably will bring in another QB to make the situation more complicated. Our offensive line isn't doing great...but they aren't doing that poorly either. Drew is challenged enough...and every time he stands back there and is given time and side arms the ball into the defense or throws the ball into the ground he's throwing away the opportunities he needs to take advantage of to take the pressure off the line. Get back to me in ten weeks and we'll see what's going on.

We have talent on the team and people that can step up and make plays to win us games....perhaps Drew will once or twice this season but I wouldn't expect more from him. But we are a threat to no one. We will beat mediocre struggling teams and perhaps a good team or two that make mistakes...but a good team that executes well will beat us. We are 60% effective not because it's the pre-season but because that's the team we are...and it will be reflected in the final outcome of the season. If OBD is lucky we will have a decent season and be shut out from a play off spot because we were in a tough division so they can have more excuses. TD has failed to deliver a team that has a chance to get a decent playoff berth but he has done a great job of getting in some players to make everyone excited. I totally don't agree with hiring a head coach with no experince...but I guess it's a safe bet since he can be a scape goat for his own failures to drive the marketing machine as much as he can. I'm surprised how impressed I am with Malarkey...but he's been set up to fail in a very difficult league to win games. I am very excited to see someone over there that will help to put us in a position to win that's very important...but when it all comes down to it I don't think we have the tools to be a good football team. Competetive yes...able to win some games yes....able to compete in the long run no.
I agree with alot of your points. (a surprise to no one I'm sure) 6-10 is alot closer to reality than a playoff berth at this point, given the condition of the offense, i.e., Drew and the oline. As in my other post, no TDs in 3 games is inexcusable, no ifs ands or buts.

saviorbledsoe
08-29-2004, 12:53 AM

you can tell all that from 6 quarters of preseason football??????????? you r good!

colin
08-29-2004, 01:04 AM
has anyone noticed Mannings numbers this preseason?

Think the colts are done too?

the only thing that matters in preseason is injuries, and we got way too many of them.

lets hope guys get healthy and other guys step up.

Typ0
08-29-2004, 01:08 AM
you can tell all that from 6 quarters of preseason football??????????? you r good!

No I can tell that from years of following the NFL, this division and our team...and I don't nearly follow it as adamantly as I have in the past. I don't know what's going on so much with other teams...I just look at us as a team with some talent that once is 25 years seems to rise up and do very well...but I can never remember a team in this situation doing that well with a head coach that had never held the job before. I have seen new coaches step into very good teams and do well...but that isn't the situation we have. It's not all about the coaching...but we aren't that good of a team we haven't been consistent enough which if for no other reason dictates we just aren't that good to have huge expectations this year. So be it. I'm fine with it I'm just not going to paint a pretty picture either.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 01:46 AM
No I can tell that from years of following the NFL, this division and our team...and I don't nearly follow it as adamantly as I have in the past. I don't know what's going on so much with other teams...I just look at us as a team with some talent that once is 25 years seems to rise up and do very well...but I can never remember a team in this situation doing that well with a head coach that had never held the job before. I have seen new coaches step into very good teams and do well...but that isn't the situation we have. It's not all about the coaching...but we aren't that good of a team we haven't been consistent enough which if for no other reason dictates we just aren't that good to have huge expectations this year. So be it. I'm fine with it I'm just not going to paint a pretty picture either.
Typ0, you are welcome to join the Reality Brigade any time. :up:

NapalmDeath
08-29-2004, 01:49 AM

No Mercy...........

mybills
08-29-2004, 06:15 AM
Yeah I loved seeing Drew running head first into the defense...that's scrambling at it's best.
:roflmao:

I didn't see the game, but if he still has his horse blinders on than my opinion hasn't changed. Was it the usual <b>somebody else is open but I have to go with my 1st intended</b>?

Typ0
08-29-2004, 06:41 AM
:roflmao:

I didn't see the game, but if he still has his horse blinders on than my opinion hasn't changed. Was it the usual <b>somebody else is open but I have to go with my 1st intended</b>?

I thought it was more like <b>I don't know what the hell I'm doing</b>

Historian
08-29-2004, 07:09 AM

Very insightful, Typo. And correct.

That being said, I thought Bledsoe looked okay against Indy and Tennessee. The simplified offense has him throwing quick hitters, (usually to Moulds) off a three step drop. He can fire darts too, he still has a strong arm.

Is this enough to be competitive? I doubt it, but it will keep the chains moving
which will certainly make games a little more fun to watch.

Interesting analysis of Mularkey. It's exactly how I've felt.

I still stand by my 7-9, perhaps 8-8 prediction.

Typ0
08-29-2004, 07:16 AM
Very insightful, Typo. And correct.

That being said, I thought Bledsoe looked okay against Indy and Tennessee. The simplified offense has him throwing quick hitters, (usually to Moulds) off a three step drop. He can fire darts too, he still has a strong arm.

Is this enough to be competitive? I doubt it, but it will keep the chains moving
which will certainly make games a little more fun to watch.

Interesting analysis of Mularkey. It's exactly how I've felt.

I still stand by my 7-9, perhaps 8-8 prediction.

Oh yeah he's got a great arm...it's the brains oozing out of his ears that concerns me.

illusionone
08-29-2004, 07:21 AM

It's really not hard to be a fan of both. They never play each other in the regular season, so there ids no conflict. I would love to see the Cubs and Redsox in the world series, came close last year. Both teams are due, red sox 1918 cubs (i think) 1908

illusionone
08-29-2004, 07:23 AM
No used to be a Celtics fan. But I hate the NBA now. Mugs and thugs!

Agreed

illusionone
08-29-2004, 07:28 AM
Typ0, you are welcome to join the Reality Brigade any time. :up:

The Ostrich club is much better, we actually enjoy watching football. Plus we aren't haters.

Guys this is ****in pre-season!!!

BigZ
08-29-2004, 07:31 AM
Bledsoe didn't look that bad but the o-line sucked!!!!

They are the guys that have to pick up the blitz. They can't even run block well. McNally has his hands full.

ScottLawrence
08-29-2004, 08:11 AM
I don't blame Bledsoe... He he has NO TIME.

And theres only one person to blame for this, Tom Donahoe. What was he thinking? The only thing we did to improve this line was sign Villarrial which was a good move but, IT NEEDED MORE HELP! Did he honestly think Pucillo could get the job done at LG? Or even Trey Teague at Center?

This could be one of the dumbest decisions or lack there of a GM can make.

He put to much confidence in McNally.