What did everybody think of Bledsoe tonight??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

What did everybody think of Bledsoe tonight??

I liked what I saw...conservative offense...stats are a little off because of the spikes near the end of the half. no TDs but I saw progress I did not see last year...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • saviorbledsoe
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
    I liked what I saw...conservative offense...stats are a little off because of the spikes near the end of the half. no TDs but I saw progress I did not see last year...
    i think he looked good. i even think the o-line did half decent. but every thing else sucked monkey balls tonight.

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

It bothers me that with so much experience he still doesn't read the blitz at all, and if he does he doesn't get rid of it. He looks like a deer in headlight when teams blitz him
      Retired Air Traffic Controller
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by kgun12
        It bothers me that with so much experience he still doesn't read the blitz at all, and if he does he doesn't get rid of it. He looks like a deer in headlight when teams blitz him

he can recognize it but he has barely any time to even throw the ball away. He's at least gottta throw it where it's not grounding and/or picked off.

I felt Bledsoe looked good. If the OL was, at a minimum average, then we would have few worries. Mcgahee did a decent avoiding tacklers in the backfield. I hope Jennings is OK....we need him

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

even Marv was saying he was doing the right thing eating it...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
            • Jun 2003

I was pleased.
            www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
              he can recognize it but he has barely any time to even throw the ball away. He's at least gottta throw it where it's not grounding and/or picked off.

I felt Bledsoe looked good. If the OL was, at a minimum average, then we would have few worries. Mcgahee did a decent avoiding tacklers in the backfield. I hope Jennings is OK....we need him
              I don't buy that when RJ did it, it was all his fault! Not the lines. Look at Manning in the same situation. First he KNOWS it's coming and from where, second he finds the HOT reciever. There is more to his low sack total than just his line.

Drew is not any better and my be worst than RJ when it comes to taking sacks. The only differance I see between them is RJ had a hell of alot more scramble yards that cement shoes.

This is not about RJ as much as it is how people defend Drew for the same problems RJ had. The reason I don't give Drew the excuses is he has played waaay to long in this league to continue to take these types of sacks. Watch Carr and Harrington, they do a MUCH better job of reading and reacting to the blitz and hot reciever than Drew!
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

I don't buy that when RJ did it, it was all his fault! Not the lines. Look at Manning in the same situation. First he KNOWS it's coming and from where, second he finds the HOT reciever. There is more to his low sack total than just his line.

Drew is not any better and my be worst than RJ when it comes to taking sacks. The only differance I see between them is RJ had a hell of alot more scramble yards that cement shoes.

This is not about RJ as much as it is how people defend Drew for the same problems RJ had. The reason I don't give Drew the excuses is he has played waaay to long in this league to continue to take these types of sacks. Watch Carr and Harrington, they do a MUCH better job of reading and reacting to the blitz and hot reciever than Drew!
                kgun, run the tape...even in slow mo Bledsoe did not have 4 seconds...this line sucks.

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

even Marv was saying he was doing the right thing eating it...
                  Marv is paid by the Donahoe and the Bills hence in the right hand corner of the TV BTN "Bills Television Network" he isn't going to say Drew has been around to long to not see that. Donahoe would find a new color guy!

BTW listening to Marv and Steve tonight made me LONG for Van Miller!!!
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

kgun, run the tape...even in slow mo Bledsoe did not have 4 seconds...this line sucks.
                    I'm not taking about every sack. There are times it is smart to eat the ball. In a blitz situation NO QB should have 3 or 4 seconds. It is the QB's job to recognize the Blitz and hit the hot reciever. How many times did we blitz and how many time did Manning point it out and how many times was he sacked.

Again this is about the 2 sacks I saw that came from the blitz. He didn't see it coming.
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

I thought he sucked. You can say he didn't have enough time which at times he didn't...but when he did he played very poorly. He threw the ball away twice and made a few other bad plays when he had opportunity. He's a veteran and we should expect much more. He's washed up and it's going to be a pathetic season.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Jul 2003

Marv is paid by the Donahoe and the Bills hence in the right hand corner of the TV BTN "Bills Television Network" he isn't going to say Drew has been around to long to not see that. Donahoe would find a new color guy!

BTW listening to Marv and Steve tonight made me LONG for Van Miller!!!
                        oh here we go with the conspiracy theory.....and Kennedy wasnt shot by a magic bullet either

Comment

• illusionone
                          Guns N Roses
                          • Aug 2003

Your just a hater

Welcome To The Jungle
                          -GNR 2005

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                            I thought he sucked. You can say he didn't have enough time which at times he didn't...but when he did he played very poorly. He threw the ball away twice and made a few other bad plays when he had opportunity. He's a veteran and we should expect much more. He's washed up and it's going to be a pathetic season.
                            you even hear or watch the game? look at his stats. and a couple of those incopletions were when he was spiking the ball. and you are mad at him for throwing it away?????????????????????????? what do you people want? if he gets sacked you say he should hgave thrown it away...when he throws it away i guess he should have taken the sack.

Comment

• illusionone
                              Guns N Roses
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Typ0

Gotta love your out look, I think your just looking for attention

Welcome To The Jungle
                              -GNR 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X