PDA

View Full Version : Milloy broke his forearm?

Thailog80
08-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Per Bills Daily. Vincent has a jaw injury also.

saviorbledsoe
08-28-2004, 10:46 PM

Vincent is fine

Milloy may be able to play vs Jax.

All is not lost.

The real problem is QB depth. I think T. Brown will be out for the year.

Ebenezer
08-28-2004, 10:49 PM

yeah, isn't preseason grand...three major injuries!!!

saviorbledsoe
08-28-2004, 10:53 PM
yeah, isn't preseason grand...three major injuries!!!

im telling you Vincent is fine....he said his jaw just went numb but it is gone now.

Sabre Ally
08-28-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure I care if Vincent is fine or not. He hasn't impressed me.

cablelady
08-28-2004, 10:58 PM
im telling you Vincent is fine....he said his jaw just went numb but it is gone now.

His jaw? :dance:

ZacGriffi~82
08-28-2004, 11:05 PM
His jaw? :dance:

Settle down cable :D

cablelady
08-28-2004, 11:07 PM
Settle down cable :D

Moi?

:trance:

thenry20
08-28-2004, 11:46 PM
Vincent is fine

Milloy may be able to play vs Jax.

All is not lost.

The real problem is QB depth. I think T. Brown will be out for the year.

Milloy will miss 4 weeks minimum depending on the broken bone. He's gotta tackle for crust's sake! How do you do that with one arm? Hell players tonite had probs with 2 healthy arms tonite.

G. Host
08-28-2004, 11:48 PM
Milloy will miss 4 weeks minimum depending on the broken bone. He's gotta tackle for crust's sake! How do you do that with one arm? Hell players tonite had probs with 2 healthy arms tonite.

Shultz used to do it with a broken arm. Depends on the fracture.

chernobylwraiths
08-28-2004, 11:49 PM
I hope Milloy is alright, but I sure would like to see what Wire can do in his position. He is suited to play SS anyway.

saviorbledsoe
08-28-2004, 11:52 PM

didnt you watch Kevin Thomas with a broken arm take a Manning pass into the endzone tonight? his second int of the preseason i believe. As for tackling the cast can be used as a weapon! Milloy will start vs Jax. :tip:

Romes
08-29-2004, 12:08 AM
Well, on ESPNews it says that he broke his forearm and will be out indefinitley. It doesn't sound like he will be back week one. :(

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 12:12 AM
wire will be fine subbing for milloy.. we never should have spent 4 mill a year on him anyway.. we could have used that money to get some oline help..

milloy's numbers were hardly better than wire as a rookie at a new position. i wouldnt mind seeing wire in there anyways.. kind of ironic that milloy stole wires job 3 days before the last season.. and now wire might be doing the same less than 2 weeks before the season starts.

Typ0
08-29-2004, 12:19 AM
wire will be fine subbing for milloy.. we never should have spent 4 mill a year on him anyway.. we could have used that money to get some oline help..

milloy's numbers were hardly better than wire as a rookie at a new position. i wouldnt mind seeing wire in there anyways.. kind of ironic that milloy stole wires job 3 days before the last season.. and now wire might be doing the same less than 2 weeks before the season starts.

I disagree...I'm not saying Wire can't play and be effective...but Milloy has a lot more to offer right now that Wire. He clearly has driven the team to excel based on his leadership abilities...and he makes a lot of plays. To shun off his injury just because it makes us feel better is not fair to him nor is it realistic. This is a loss to our defense.

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 12:23 AM
I disagree...I'm not saying Wire can't play and be effective...but Milloy has a lot more to offer right now that Wire. He clearly has driven the team to excel based on his leadership abilities...and he makes a lot of plays. To shun off his injury just because it makes us feel better is not fair to him nor is it realistic. This is a loss to our defense.

yeah.. milloy offers a whole lot.. he is not young.. and by the time this team gets better.. he will be gone.. if not after this year.. and all it has done is stunt wires growth by keeping him off the field after an incredible successful rookie season.

milloy barely played better last year than wire his rookie year... we have plenty of other players on this team.. fletcher, tko, williams, and sam.. to give "veteran leadership".. we dont need anymore.

milloy is a fine player.. but the upgrade from milloy to wire is not night and day.. milloy is no probowl safety anymore.. and is not getting younger.. but the ass load of money he is getting paid sure would have helped our ****box oline this year.

Typ0
08-29-2004, 12:26 AM
yeah.. milloy offers a whole lot.. he is not young.. and by the time this team gets better.. he will be gone.. if not after this year.. and all it has done is stunt wires growth by keeping him off the field after an incredible successful rookie season.

milloy barely played better last year than wire his rookie year... we have plenty of other players on this team.. fletcher, tko, williams, and sam.. to give "veteran leadership".. we dont need anymore.

milloy is a fine player.. but the upgrade from milloy to wire is not night and day.. milloy is no probowl safety anymore.. and is not getting younger.. but the ass load of money he is getting paid sure would have helped our ****box oline this year.

I agree it's not a night and day thing and there is a lot of money involved...but we are taking a hit right now for this. I guess I don't read enough of this forum I didn't know you had already bartered away this season for the future...my apologies...;)

Typ0
08-29-2004, 12:28 AM

Can you catch me up to speed how his getting injured and not being able to play is helping our bottom line?

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 12:39 AM
its not..

he was just an unecessary addition right from the beginning.. like you said yourself.. TD has done a really good job of bringing guys in here that people get excited about.. but for the cost to the team.. the help he added was minimal.. considering what we already had at that spot..

if your offensive line really ****ing suck and your rookie ss.. that you burned a 1st day draft pick on.. and who earned a starting spot in a new position by the time game 1 rolled around .. and then goes on to have an incredible rookie season.. especially for his situation (being in a new position) ..it would seem natural that you let the rookie continue to develope and play, and that he should be even better.. and you get help on the horrible oline..

but apparently.. TD thinks we can win with a ****ty oline.. but we sure are STACKED at strong safety.. thank god for that!

Dozerdog
08-29-2004, 12:44 AM
The only number I care about is this-

With Wire in 2002- Bills Defense was what in the high 20's rank wise?

With Milloy- They dramatically improved....ranked 2nd.

I could care less what the tackle stats say.

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 12:46 AM
The only number I care about is this-

With Wire in 2002- Bills Defense was what in the high 20's rank wise?

With Milloy- They dramatically improved....ranked 2nd.

I could care less what the tackle stats say.

yeah.. it was all milloy.. not spikes.. or adams.. or posey .. or familiarity with the system..

how could you possible give milloy any more than a small portion of credit for that..

you have no idea what wire would have done last year.. the defense easily could have had the same exact results.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 12:48 AM
its not..

he was just an unecessary addition right from the beginning.. like you said yourself.. TD has done a really good job of bringing guys in here that people get excited about.. but for the cost to the team.. the help he added was minimal.. considering what we already had at that spot..

if your offensive line really ****ing suck and your rookie ss.. that you burned a 1st day draft pick on.. and who earned a starting spot in a new position by the time game 1 rolled around .. and then goes on to have an incredible rookie season.. especially for his situation (being in a new position) ..it would seem natural that you let the rookie continue to develope and play, and that he should be even better.. and you get help on the horrible oline..

but apparently.. TD thinks we can win with a ****ty oline.. but we sure are STACKED at strong safety.. thank god for that!
Agreed. :up:

Dozerdog
08-29-2004, 12:51 AM
yeah.. it was all milloy.. not spikes.. or adams.. or posey .. or familiarity with the system..

how could you possible give milloy any more than a small portion of credit for that..

you have no idea what wire would have done last year.. the defense easily could have had the same exact results.

Not saying it was- but it's very easy to explain Coy's supposed "fantastic" tackle stats- if the weak front 7 could not stop anyone in 2002 a safety will put up some stout stats.

Now with a supposed strong front 7 isn't allowing very much through, and Milloy has as many tackles and similar stats as Wire, then it's reasonable to assume Milloy is seeking the ball cariers rather than beiong the last line of defense.

Where were all of Wire's tackles? 10 yards downfield? Where were Milloys?

Drive 4 Five
08-29-2004, 12:54 AM
I gotta agree with Tatonka. Losing Milloy for a few games is not going to hurt our defense. In fact I hope Coy kicks ass and Lawyer never retains his job. Donahoe was an ass in hiring Milloy in the first place. We have way too many other problems.

Dozerdog
08-29-2004, 12:54 AM

Here's a better "stat" to chew on- how many times did we get burned deep last year compared to 2002?

Same Corners - and not all that much of a better pass rush. Why did we get burned deep almost every half in 2002, whereas in 2003 I can think of only a handful of games?

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 12:56 AM
yeah.. milloy is making all his behind the line of scrimmage? whatever..

they both made tackles were SS make tackles.. some at the line.. some in the secondary.. some somewhere in between..

you give milloy way too much credit.. and you totaly discount how well wire played.. and how much he could have improved had he been on the field.. but whatever..

it is gonna be great when milloy gets cut next year or really starts showing his age.. and wire contract runs up, and he ends up going to arizona or something and being a stud for the next 6-7 years... and we got good old nobody..

hey.. maybe we can move reese back to SS! he and baker will make a nasty duo that juice would really be excatic about.

Dozerdog
08-29-2004, 12:56 AM
Here's a better "stat" to chew on- how many times did we get burned deep last year compared to 2002?

Same Corners - and not all that much of a better pass rush. Why did we get burned deep almost every half in 2002, whereas in 2003 I can think of only a handful of games?

Well- If Coy is all that and a bag of chips- he will get his opportunity all september. No excuses now.

Typ0
08-29-2004, 12:57 AM
its not..

OK...so you are saying we did something wrong in the past. I understand and that's fair. Maybe that's right and Wire will be a better more productive player due to the situation...but it's a shame we can't take advantage of the good Milloy has left in him either...because he does (or did) still know how to make plays and hold his own deep in the secondary.

I also have to comment on the OLine right now. I thought they played decent tonight. They are getting better and could be quite strong in a month. Drew had plenty of opportunities...but it's also true there were times he didn't. I think they would be much better off if when he had time he was able to exploit that time...which he doesn't seem able to do. The stats looked good...and that is because they were working to do their part. That is the unit where it gets harder when they get in the red zone...and the lack of exploiting the field when they aren't there is hurting the whole offense when they drive deeper and need to learn to get the harder yards. With Drews wonderous "scrambling" exhibitions tonight you would think we could score some points despite how bad our OLine sucks...I think Drew is a threat to run a infiltrating play less than 50% of the time and any defense is willing to lay low and let him have his 45% since they can easily overcome that percentage. The defense gets to batten down on the run because the QB is not a threat accept for an occasional (and not enough to sway a game) big play.

Dozerdog
08-29-2004, 12:58 AM
And Tonk- why you gotta be so nasty?

Get off the ledge!

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 01:00 AM

again.. of coarse getting burnt deep is always wires fault.. who was supposed to be playing closer to the line in the "46" williams defense.. i guess he is supposed to do both all the time..

and i am sure that the improvement in the pass rush last year.. had nothing to do with that at all either right? or the defense getting used to playing in the system or anything else?

look ... if you want to beleive that milloy was worth the huge amount of money that we paid him when we were NOT in bad shape at that position.. then go ahead.. it wont matter though in a few years.. both of them will be gone.. and it will just be a huge waste of money on milloy and a draft pick on wire.

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 01:01 AM
OK...so you are saying we did something wrong in the past. I understand and that's fair. Maybe that's right and Wire will be a better more productive player due to the situation...but it's a shame we can't take advantage of the good Milloy has left in him either...because he does (or did) still know how to make plays and hold his own deep in the secondary.

I also have to comment on the OLine right now. I thought they played decent tonight. They are getting better and could be quite strong in a month. Drew had plenty of opportunities...but it's also true there were times he didn't. I think they would be much better off if when he had time he was able to exploit that time...which he doesn't seem able to do. The stats looked good...and that is because they were working to do their part. That is the unit where it gets harder when they get in the red zone...and the lack of exploiting the field when they aren't there is hurting the whole offense when they drive deeper and need to learn to get the harder yards. With Drews wonderous "scrambling" exhibitions tonight you would think we could score some points despite how bad our OLine sucks...I think Drew is a threat to run a infiltrating play less than 50% of the time and any defense is willing to lay low and let him have his 45% since they can easily overcome that percentage. The defense gets to batten down on the run because the QB is not a threat accept for an occasional (and not enough to sway a game) big play.

good post.

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 01:04 AM
And Tonk- why you gotta be so nasty?

Get off the ledge!

what are you talking about? i am not being nasty..

ee is rude all the time.. and you dont ***** at him.

i am just passionate about this situation.. it is not like you and typo didnt make confrontation remarks...

"chew on this".. "get off the ledge"..whatever the **** that means.. why say something like that? to be antagonistic.. thats why.. it is irritating and obnoxious.. and thats all.

but i am nasty.

:rolleyes:

Typ0
08-29-2004, 01:15 AM
what are you talking about? i am not being nasty..

ee is rude all the time.. and you dont ***** at him.

i am just passionate about this situation.. it is not like you and typo didnt make confrontation remarks...

"chew on this".. "get off the ledge"..whatever the **** that means.. why say something like that? to be antagonistic.. thats why.. it is irritating and obnoxious.. and thats all.

but i am nasty.

:rolleyes:

Wait a minute....EE is Rude? I never knew that!

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 01:33 AM
so i hear.. never to me though.

:D

Typ0
08-29-2004, 01:35 AM
so i hear.. never to me though.

:D

hey...they either are the same person or they aren't...don't play games with me now I'm getting confused. I remember when EE posted as Valerie...but I never knew things went as deep as this.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 01:42 AM
What's the deal...is Wire definitely going to start at the opener?

shotgun
08-29-2004, 02:20 AM
Well do u see how milloy tackles allways wips that arm in there trying to knock the ball out how many times did he do it last year and missed a tackle as welli counted 1 tonight ...

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 10:50 AM
What's the deal...is Wire definitely going to start at the opener?

it is looking that way

The Spaz
08-29-2004, 11:39 AM
It's put up or shutup time for Wire.