PDA

View Full Version : My expectations plummeted tonight

nodnarb
08-28-2004, 11:08 PM
I've been positive all offseason. Really optimistic. I thought camp this year looked sharper than last year's camp. I saw a lotta good signs.

At QB, we're officially fugged. Now we have to go out and bring in a turd, and possibly have to deal a player to get someone who doesn't completely suck.

Hearing that Milloy went down didn't make things any better. This means that Coy Wire is gonna get burned deep. Maybe Prileau won't be cut after all.

But worst of all, our OLine just can't block. I watched the first quarter plays in slo-mo, and they just can't push anyone. '

I recorded the Pats game. I watched their first quarter, playing against one of the best defenses in the league. Their line gave Brady more time to throw than I've ever seen a Bills QB receive in the past 3 years. He made throw after throw, and the line made Dillion look good. They made holes, they protected, and they looked solid all day.

Yes, it's preseason. But comparing these two games you can learn a lot. What you see is that, once again, we're not as good as we think. And once again, our OLine is going to be our weak link.

I think Donahoe has done a good job, but I don't like what the team has done on the OLine, personnel-wise. I don't believe they can get it done, and they keep proving me right.

The injury bug of the past two weeks really blows. I feel bad for TBrown. Looks like an ACL or MCL tear...he said it's probably not good. So if he goes on IR, and we don't have Losman for AT LEAST 8 more weeks...

We'll need 5 Jon Ogdens to protect Bledsoe and give us a chance.

We looked like complete crap, and I'm really disappointed in the players AND coaches in their performance tonight.

We looked every bit like a 6-10 team tonight.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-28-2004, 11:31 PM
It's only pre-season doesn't mean anything!!!!! We'll be fine don't worry

Mr. Cynical
08-28-2004, 11:40 PM
nodnarb - I didn't see the game, but from your description (along with other posts) I have to agree.

Here's something to think about....no touchdowns from the first team offense in 3 games. Preseason or not, that flat out sucks. Given it's this close to the season, and since we have our line and QB in place, unfortunately I don't see this changing much during the season. Our red zone scoring % will probably be in the low teens, and the TDs we do score will be those one-off, long bombs to Moulds.

I was really, really hoping for a good report tonight but now more than ever my expectations are confirmed. 6-10.

thenry20
08-28-2004, 11:40 PM
I am downgrading my opinion yet again and I don't see us winning more games than last year!

TD deserves all the blame for brininging all those pudding pops on O-line. His scouting department blows in that regard. Mike Williams only fugged up once tonight that I am aware of.

Releasing Ruben Brown for Pussy Willow is a ****en huge mistake!

:mad:

saviorbledsoe
08-28-2004, 11:43 PM
we are going 0-16

saviorbledsoe
08-28-2004, 11:43 PM
:funny:

Drive 4 Five
08-29-2004, 01:12 AM
It's only pre-season doesn't mean anything!!!!! We'll be fine don't worry

Preseason means crap as far as the standings but you can bet your ass that the same ugly blemishes that are showing up in the way this team plays will continue as trends throughout the regular season. Game 3 in the preseason says alot about your team and there is some cause for concern but we all understood this would be a work in progress, right? Let's just hope that this team can continue to improve and not regress.

Drive 4 Five
08-29-2004, 01:17 AM
That **** stinks all the way out here in New Mexico!

Romes
08-29-2004, 01:50 AM
Preseason means crap as far as the standings but you can bet your ass that the same ugly blemishes that are showing up in the way this team plays will continue as trends throughout the regular season. Game 3 in the preseason says alot about your team and there is some cause for concern but we all understood this would be a work in progress, right? Let's just hope that this team can continue to improve and not regress.
Exactly, pre-season doesn't matter as far as standings are concerned. Who wins the game doesn't really matter but who plays well and performs definitley does. Any trend that appears during pre-season games has a good chance of reapperaring during the season. I'm still concerned about this team. Last year the pre-season trends dissapeared during the first two games but then all the problems of scoring points all came back for the rest of the year. As of now we are no better than 8-8.