PDA

View Full Version : Give'em hell Izzell

juice
08-28-2004, 11:16 PM
Did Reese get beat tonight.. He seems to be stepping up in run support how was he in pass coverage. 4 SOLO Tackles and the "D" wasn't on the field a whole lot in the first half.

No INTs but he still seemed to play well tonight.. Any eye-witness accounts? :bow:

ZacGriffi~82
08-28-2004, 11:17 PM
He looked good, so did baker IMO

Tatonka
08-28-2004, 11:23 PM
Defensive mvp for tackling a guy after he catches the ball and falling on a fumble that someone else caused? gimme a break.

coy wire had a INT..

reese still hasnt had one.

:snicker:

juice
08-29-2004, 06:29 AM
coy wire had a INT..

reese still hasnt had one.

:snicker:

Does that mean that Coy was the MVP of the "D"? I thought you said Reese doesn't make any big hits, Did Wire get in on any tackles? :zipit:

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 10:45 AM
what did reese do? get his first big hit in a bills unit?

wow.. congrats.. 2 years in the making.

juice
08-29-2004, 10:52 AM
what did reese do? get his first big hit in a bills unit?

wow.. congrats.. 2 years in the making.

I think Two of his Solos were stops for no gain, But thats just Stat stuff.. I was wondering how he looked in coverage and what happened to cause Clements to be One-on-One with Harrison.

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 10:56 AM
juice.. how do you know that reese didnt blow his assignment.. and that is why clements was left in single coverage with one of the nfl's best wrs?

oh.. thats right.. you dont.. you just assume.

IHateTheDullphins
08-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Yeah, Reese is un-friggin believable. wow. I'm still amazed at the superhuman performance last night.

G. Host
08-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Does that mean that Coy was the MVP of the "D"? I thought you said Reese doesn't make any big hits, Did Wire get in on any tackles? :zipit:

According to NFL.com Wire got one tackle.

juice
08-29-2004, 11:41 AM
juice.. how do you know that reese didnt blow his assignment.. and that is why clements was left in single coverage with one of the nfl's best wrs?

oh.. thats right.. you dont.. you just assume.

Have you watched the Game?? I haven't.. I'm just trying to find out what happened to leave Clements on an Island.. Read the Post, But there are a # of coverage reasons why he may have been one-on-one, and it doesnt have to be the fault of anyone.

You assume there is an arguement here, just like you assume Wire has improved in coverage, and you assumed that Wire would waltz into the starting FS position.

Like I told you before, there is a huge difference in playing LB and and playing a Safety spot.. But at least at SS he can utilize the skills that he has which is his LB Mentality.. He'll just need a savy Veteran backing him up when he has lapses in recognition.. AND REESE is a Ballplayer and DB by instinct.

The loss of Milloy will be huge if Wire, who could've been learning the SS position inside out instead of trying to be what he has never been A COVER GUY, can't prove he's as SMART as some think he is.

I question the Stanford guys smarts if he didn't know that the FS position was wrong for him because it displays his lack of coverage ability.. he Wasted most of the Pre-season trying to learn a position that he will never play professionally, I just hope he doesn't hurt the team by having forgot what he learned at SS since he was drafted.

When Milloy comes back Wire will be back on the bench and can help this team in short yardage situations and on ST. :nervous: <--- Wire on passing downs. And dont forget no hands after 5 yds, these are skills he could have been polishing during his "Wire FS Experiment"

DraftBoy
08-29-2004, 11:53 AM
Wow Reese had what 4 tackles and a fumble recovery...AMAZING!! GIVE HIM THE FRANCHISE TAG NOW!!

plz...gimme a break id rather have Baker back there he forced a fumble and has been all over the place.

juice
08-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Yeah, Reese is un-friggin believable. wow. I'm still amazed at the superhuman performance last night.

But was he the Bills defensive MVP against the Colts? Or have you not seen the game either. :zipit:

DraftBoy
08-29-2004, 11:59 AM
But was he the Bills defensive MVP against the Colts? Or have you not seen the game either. :zipit:

Nope Mario Haggan-had 6 tackles and a fumble recovery. HAGGAN SHOULD BE THE NEW STARTER!!

juice
08-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Nope Mario Haggan-had 6 tackles and a fumble recovery. HAGGAN SHOULD BE THE NEW STARTER!!

He had a good game but alot of that was in garbage time, Reese stepped it up in Crucial Red Zone Situations.. But Haggan gets a game ball.

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 03:07 PM
He had a good game but alot of that was in garbage time, Reese stepped it up in Crucial Red Zone Situations.. But Haggan gets a game ball.

you havent seen the game.. but you know how reese played? wow... thats good.

juice
08-29-2004, 04:33 PM
you havent seen the game.. but you know how reese played? wow... thats good.

Now you get the point of the whole post, I listened to it and was asking for eye-witness opinions of Izzells coverage and what happened on the play with Clements on Harrison..I knew you would catch on Tonk.. Next time just read the post.

I don't know if anyone outside of Buffalo or Indy has seen the game.. What did you do take a Redeye flight home last night or are you just talking about what you havn't seen?