PDA

View Full Version : No touchdowns in 3 games??

Mr. Cynical
08-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Preseason or not...the first offense has not scored a single touchdown in 3 games and that flat out sucks. :sigh:

Bill Brasky
08-28-2004, 11:57 PM
Preseason or not...the first offense has not scored a single touchdown in 3 games and that flat out sucks. :sigh:

You and I have never really agreed on anything... but for once I think it's obvious that this offense is a major concern. It's really discouraging when our defense has outscored our offense. :down:

Tatonka
08-28-2004, 11:59 PM
mcgahee didnt score?

Mr. Cynical
08-28-2004, 11:59 PM
It's really discouraging when our defense has outscored our offense. :down:
I wasn't even thinking about that, but that's another good (or bad, actually) point.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 12:00 AM
mcgahee didnt score?
Not with the 1st team O, if I'm not mistaken.

Bill Brasky
08-29-2004, 12:04 AM
Not with the 1st team O, if I'm not mistaken.

WM has been put in some decent situations when he's scored (IE goal line stand, right after TH was injured inside Tenn. end of the field)

I don't know about the rest of you, but he really hasn't showed me anything great yet (3 yrds per carry is below avg in the NFL and he's gotten a lot of those yards against 2nd string d's), although the rest of the offense hasn't either.

I'm not saying Drew has played amazing, but at least he isn't making bad plays/mistakes like he was last year so I think it is sort of showing that last season wasn't really entirely his fault like many people think. This O-line is horrible.

Tatonka
08-29-2004, 12:07 AM
i dont know why.. maybe it is just finding out i am gonna be a dad or something..

but i am not that worried about the offense.

Bill Brasky
08-29-2004, 12:09 AM
i dont know why.. maybe it is just finding out i am gonna be a dad or something..

but i am not that worried about the offense.

I don't see how you could be mad Tatonka... congrats btw.

I am somewhat concerned though. I see them move the ball, and that is a positive... but at the same time, they just don't put the ball in the end zone.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 12:09 AM
I'm going to put aside the reasons for it, e.g., Drew, oline, coaching, etc. It is just the fact that the first O hasn't scored a TD in 3 games that is so awful, and really deflates what little hope I had for the season.

Edit: Those TDs by McGahee were with the 2nd unit, so the first O has yet to score a TD in 3 games.

In splitting its first two games, Buffalo has combined to score 31 points, with both touchdowns generated by backup running back Willis McGahee and the team's second unit.

The starters have combined for three scoring drives in six series, but all of them ending with field goals.

http://www.sunjournal.com/sports/20040827026.php

Drive 4 Five
08-29-2004, 01:02 AM
Where the hell is Lee Evans? :snooze:

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 01:31 AM
Where the hell is Lee Evans? :snooze:The same place as the rest of the offense, at www.turdsrus.com (http://www.turdsrus.com).

Bill Brasky
08-29-2004, 11:41 AM
Where the hell is Lee Evans? :snooze:

I posed that question last week, and many people still think this kid's ready to be our #2.

Mr. Miyagi
08-29-2004, 11:49 AM
It's really discouraging when our defense has outscored our offense. :down:
Where's that "Welcome to last year" smilie?

DraftBoy
08-29-2004, 11:49 AM
The offense has been pitiful. Plain and Simple. Drew has by far looked the best, unfotunately the rest of the O is stuck in last year. btw Congrats T!!