X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Phil Simms' Thoughts on Buffalo

Phil is one of my favorite color guys out there and I usaully agree with most of what he says, including his opinion of the Bills chances this year. Basically he thinks it will be another frustrating year for us. He doesn't like the O-line at all, and said that a strong one is crucial with a QB like Bledsoe. As for the rest of the East, he obviously holds the Pats in high regard and although he said the dolphins shouldn't be counted out, he would be very surprised if they had a good season. He likes the Jets with Pennigton having a new target in McCariens and also the additions of Donnie Henderson and Vilma. He says their pass rush is looking improved and thinks the Jets are a playoff contender.

Personally, I have to agree with him. I see the division ending up:

New England
    New York
    Buffalo
    Miami

Byrd.
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Natrix
    Phil is one of my favorite color guys out there and I usaully agree with most of what he says, including his opinion of the Bills chances this year. Basically he thinks it will be another frustrating year for us. He doesn't like the O-line at all, and said that a strong one is crucial with a QB like Bledsoe. As for the rest of the East, he obviously holds the Pats in high regard and although he said the dolphins shouldn't be counted out, he would be very surprised if they had a good season. He likes the Jets with Pennigton having a new target in McCariens and also the additions of Donnie Henderson and Vilma. He says their pass rush is looking improved and thinks the Jets are a playoff contender.

Personally, I have to agree with him. I see the division ending up:

New England
    New York
    Buffalo
    Miami
    As do I at this point.

And its frustrating to admit it but, Tom Donahoe just didn't get the players in here to improve this team.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

I think the two most important components to a champonship team are O-line and pass-rush. Both are unproven at best. I think it was a pipe dream when people were claiming the pass-rush issue was solved with the addition of a past-his-prime LB.

Byrd.

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
        As do I at this point.

And its frustrating to admit it but, Tom Donahoe just didn't get the players in here to improve this team.
        I agree we could use some better O lineman, but the real problem is that it took him three years to find an NFL caliber Head Coach.

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
          I agree we could use some better O lineman, but the real problem is that it took him three years to find an NFL caliber Head Coach.
          Phil said he likes Coach M. and his system, but questions if he has the players to make it work. I tend to agree.

Byrd.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix
            Phil said he likes Coach M. and his system, but questions if he has the players to make it work. I tend to agree.
            I agree too, and that fact is only exaserpated by the injuries.

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
              • Jul 2003

Man I dont wanna go 6 - 10 again. Are we DOOOMED?
              In Marv We Trust
              The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jul 2003

F! Phil Simms

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                  • Sep 2003

this is great, for the last couple of years I have been pumped going into the season only to be disappointed!
                  Now, I see us as crap who knows maybe we will come out smelling like a rose instad of *****!!

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                    this is great, for the last couple of years I have been pumped going into the season only to be disappointed!
                    Now, I see us as crap who knows maybe we will come out smelling like a rose instad of *****!!
                    just remember we were like 0 and 16 in preseason during the superbowl years.

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                      As do I at this point.

Not only did they not get the players in here, But when our O-Line was already the team weakness they don't even make a real effort to keep our Line-Captain.. Look what we are left with.. Lineman with little experience and a practice squad guy at LG.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

I disagree. We finish behind NE.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                          Not only did they not get the players in here, But when our O-Line was already the team weakness they don't even make a real effort to keep our Line-Captain.. Look what we are left with.. Lineman with little experience and a practice squad guy at LG.
                          Back to your Ruben reference again?
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                            • Apr 2003

doesnt anyone think we might be a little over-reacting after 3 preseason games?? i mean, sure its not a good thing that we dont look good, but i dont think this is a sign of things to come in the regular season.

im not giving up on the bills quite yet
                            the dude abides

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
                              doesnt anyone think we might be a little over-reacting after 3 preseason games?? i mean, sure its not a good thing that we dont look good, but i dont think this is a sign of things to come in the regular season.

im not giving up on the bills quite yet

exactly

Comment

Working...
                              X