PDA

View Full Version : What did everyone think of McGahee's performance??

BUFFALONRTH76
08-29-2004, 08:36 AM
I thought overall he looked good, it would have been real nice to see Travis in there though. I think if Travis was playing that there would have defenitely been more yards on the ground for us, it looked to me that the O line had made some nice lanes for Willis to run through, but that he seemed hesitant to hit the hole ( whereas Travis picks a hole and explodes )... I think that, that is the "rust" that Willis has to knock off... Overall though, defenitely positive!!

:peace:

Jan Reimers
08-29-2004, 11:09 AM
I thought what I have thought all along: Willis will be a nice backup for Travis, at least for this year. Willis still lacks the burst and the ability to make sharp cuts.

mypoorfriendme
08-29-2004, 01:20 PM
I thought what I have thought all along: Willis will be a nice backup for Travis, at least for this year. Willis still lacks the burst and the ability to make sharp cuts.

if its one thing willis is NOT lacking, its ability. i dont think theres anyone that can argue that. he has the burst and for damn sure has the ability. what willis needs to do is slowly work his way back into game speed, which is what he is doing by playing these preseason games. id say by midseason, he will be 100% and hitting the holes without any hesitation in his mind (like we see now)

BUFFALONRTH76
08-29-2004, 02:44 PM
I'm not qusetioning Willis's ability at all, just that he does show a few signs of the rust that Coach Mularky had spoke of early in camp... I do believe he will be back to 100% this season!

Jan Reimers
08-29-2004, 03:17 PM
if its one thing willis is NOT lacking, its ability. i dont think theres anyone that can argue that. he has the burst and for damn sure has the ability. what willis needs to do is slowly work his way back into game speed, which is what he is doing by playing these preseason games. id say by midseason, he will be 100% and hitting the holes without any hesitation in his mind (like we see now)
I am simply saying that he is not AS YET the same running back that he was in college. He may very well be all the way back later this season, but he is NOT there yet. I have yet to see the great burst or the really hard cuts that he used to make, AND HIS STATS SHOW IT. Travis is the better back RIGHT NOW and deserving of the starting role. Willis may be much better by mid-season, and then the controversy can begin.

For now, let's not even pretend that Willis is ready to be our 25 carries per game, feature RB.

FTG
08-29-2004, 03:18 PM
Willis looked slow hitting holes. He's got a long way to go.

TigerJ
08-29-2004, 04:59 PM
Obviously he's not yet playing like he did as a Miami Hurricane. I'm not as yet worried that he won't, but I don't know that we can really predict when or if he will eventually. I'd like to believe he will and that it will be sooner rather than later. I do think the more carries he can get the faster it will come.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 05:22 PM
I agree that he is not showing 100% yet, but I think it is a combination of mental readiness as well as not wanting to get hurt in preseason. Smart move, since his $$$ is related to how he performs during the season, not pre-season. Granted he needs to shake the rust, but at this point why risk it (in his mind I'm sure).

What's the latest on TH? Will he be ready 9/12?

FreddyvsJason
08-30-2004, 08:18 AM
That guy looked slow as HELL! I think the clock is ticking for Donahoe. :nervous: