PDA

View Full Version : Warner starter over Manning in NY

The_Philster
08-29-2004, 10:46 AM
no link yet...Coughlin was supposed to announce his decision later in the week...instead announced it moments ago

BUFFALONRTH76
08-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Good choice, give the kid some time to get up to speed with the game at this level, and learn from a proven vet in Warner.

The Spaz
08-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Either way the Giants aren't going to contend.

FTG
08-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Either way the Giants aren't going to contend.
New coaching staff
good skill players on offense
terrible offensive line
Former pro-bowl QB trying to return to form

sounds like some other team that everyone thinks is going 11-5

The Spaz
08-29-2004, 03:13 PM
New coaching staff
terrible offensive line

Defense and offense line sucks ass. I also think Warner is nothing more than a system QB.

FTG
08-29-2004, 03:15 PM
and our offensive line does not suck ass?

The Spaz
08-29-2004, 03:26 PM
and our offensive line does not suck ass?

I have seen 2 Giants preseason games and that line is a lot worse than ours. No our line is not great an dfar from it but the Giants o-line is straight ****. I also thought this was about the Giants but whatever. Defense isn't one of our problems like it is for the Giants like I said earlier.

DraftBoy
08-29-2004, 04:13 PM
I have seen 2 Giants preseason games and that line is a lot worse than ours. No our line is not great an dfar from it but the Giants o-line is straight ****. I also thought this was about the Giants but whatever. Defense isn't one of our problems like it is for the Giants like I said earlier.

The Giants D isnt as great a concern as you make it out to be. They are still solid albeit it not spectatcular, but will provide more pass rush through one man (strahan) then our whole damn D and proll have one of the most solid S tandems in the league. Their OL isnt much worse than ours. The big diffrence their is they got no running game and no passing game. While here we hope to have a running game.

Giants: 5-11
Bills: 6-10

Bill Brasky
08-29-2004, 04:15 PM
It doesn't really matter because he's playing in NY. They'll be calling for his head after he throws an INT.

The Spaz
08-29-2004, 04:21 PM
The Giants D isnt as great a concern as you make it out to be. They are still solid albeit it not spectatcular, but will provide more pass rush through one man (strahan) then our whole damn D and proll have one of the most solid S tandems in the league. Their OL isnt much worse than ours. The big diffrence their is they got no running game and no passing game. While here we hope to have a running game.

Giants: 5-11
Bills: 6-10

From what I have seen that o-line is way worse than ours even though it is presaeason. Go take a look at how many times our QB's have been sacked compared to ours. There D-line is ok overall with strahan, there LB's are garbage and there safeties aren't much better, there cb's are ok with Allen and Peterson.

PS the Giants Qb's have been sacked 14 times compared to our 5.

BUFFALONRTH76
08-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Start Jesse Palmer!!

:roflmao:

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 05:24 PM
New coaching staff
terrible offensive line

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 05:27 PM
I also remember people saying I was nuts that Warner would surprise people. Wait and see. If...and yes, that's a big if....he can get "decent" protection, I think you will see why he was 2-time league MVP. However, if he continually is getting the snot knocked out of him, you'll see why he was benched. He can't take the pounding anymore (although to be fair I don't know many QBs that could)

Michael82
08-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Start Jesse Palmer!!

I'd take him to be Bledsoe's backup. :up:

Bill Brasky
08-29-2004, 09:46 PM
I'd take him to be Bledsoe's backup. :up:

You're just saying that cuz he'll attract more chicks for you to hit on at the games.

Mad Bomber
08-30-2004, 06:52 AM
Warner will get that football when the Giants open their regular season two weeks from today in Philadelphia. Coach Tom Coughlin announced before practice that he has chosen Warner to start the season as the team’s No. 1 quarterback. Manning will be the backup. Coughlin informed both players of his decision in separate meetings this morning.

Here is the link (http://www.giants.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=253884&right_include=/includes/eisens_archive_module.cfm)