X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Fletcher is over rated

Fletcher to me is a HUGE disappointment. He was supposed to be this hustling, playmaking, emotional, and inspirational linebacker and leader on defense. He has done nothing so far. He is always high on the tackles stats but most of them are downfield and rarely have you seen him disrupting a play in the opponent's backfield. Also, Tom Landry overdosing on downers had more emotion than what he brings to the table. Am I missing something here???

Honorable mention goes to to Eddie Robinson...a mere shell of himself and on the downside of his career...two years ago. Also, honorable, honorable mention goes to our wonderful defensive minded "conartist" HC Williams, his DC Jerry Grey, and all of his other wonderful teacher Asst. Coaches. They should be commended on teaching all of the players how to tackle...nice job guys!!

Do us a favor Coach Williams. Take all of your Tennesee castoffs and your dumbass Tennessee 4-3 or 4-6 or 0-0 or whatever defense scheme that you call it and go find yourself a semi-pro team to use it on. Give us our beloved 3-4 defense back and quit embarrassing us.
    Last edited by mchurchfie; 11-05-2002, 07:32 AM.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Fletcher is overrated

Originally posted by mchurchfie
    Fletcher to me is a HUGE disappointment. He was supposed to be this hustling, playmaking, emotional, and inspirational linebacker and leader on defense. He has done nothing so far. He is always high on the tackles stats but most of them are downfield and rarely have you seen him disrupting a play in the opponent's backfield. Also, Tom Landry overdosing on downers had more emotion than what he brings to the table. Am I missing something here???
    He got all the credit for the 4th & inches stop last week, and it went straight to his head!
    :loblo:
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

I'll keep repeating myself:

Other than Pat Williams there are no defensive linemen on this team. Combine that with the inflexibility of the coaches and this is what you get.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

MLBs are whores of the DL. He's a solid MLB who lacks quality DL

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Fletcher is the exact same player that Zack Thomas is... they’re both “ball hawks,” and both are good at pass defending… and are undersized, fast, MLB with a tendency to over pursue... the difference between them is that Thomas has a great supporting cast who cover up all his miss tackles. In Miami, all Thomas has to do is be the first man to the ball so that while he slows up the ball carrier allowing the fast Miami front seven to catch up. Fletcher had the same supporting system in St. Louis… unfortunately here, Fletcher is often the only man near the ball, and while he makes his share of tackles, often he is the only man within 5 yards of the ball carrier which artificially makes each missed tackle that much more obvious.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

So...you agree with me?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

I agree churchie!!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                Fletcher is the exact same player that Zack Thomas is... they’re both “ball hawks,” and both are good at pass defending…
                I'd trade London for Zack anyday. Zack makes most of his tackles near the line of scrimmage. London makes his 5 yards away from it.

And I was laughed at when the Bills signed Fletcher and I said it wasn't a good signing. We needed DL, DE,DE. With a decent line infront of him Spoon would have played just as good as Fletcher. The only good thing about signing Fletcher was that Spoon got hurt.

During last weeks game they showed London standing by a bunch of Patroits and Bills and the first thing I said to myself is, Damn he is small.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Zach Thomas IS the most overrated LB in the league

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

London can play, he can play very well with some great supporting cast, but he can't do it all himslef. He is not Ray Lewis, or Cowart before the injury.

He gets $3 mil per season, he is payed below his Pro Bowl billing (by a lot) because he is small and not a first round big football factory guy. When we sign Takeo, and perhaps Grant Winstrom (I am hoping for a salary cap purge from STL) you will see our front 7 being 1000 times better.

Comment

• John from Hemet
                      • Jul 2002

If you put Zach Thomas in the exact same situation the exact thing would happen....

On any given play the Defensive Linemen must get pressure or at the very least clog up running lanes to some degree so that a running back is running downhill on every play with a view of a big running lane....the D-Linemen clog them up.....slowing down the runner....and the Middle Backer finishes them off...

There is also a situaiton going on where offensive linemen are being allowed to GET TO London Fletcher....a "200 and somthing" linebacker is never going to be able to hold the point of attack against a "300 and something offensive linemen" especially if that linemen has forward momentum.....Defensive Linemen are supposed to hold their ground or at least be physicall enough with the O'Linemen to slow him down a little if he is in a attacking penetrating defense.....

Blame the guys in front of London......not Fletcher
                      The Polarbear

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

It was the same as it was earlier in the year. We're a Defensive tackle and a DE away from a descent Defense. I'd add Cover LB to that need pile now too. Robinson, Edwards and Ahanatu really should be reserves
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Fletcher has more than earned some respect on this team with the quality of his play and leadership. Put him in the same system with a supporting class who is more prepared and he excels at what he does. Laying blame on individuals who are making significant contributions to wins is difficult to justify.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Zach is way better than Fletcher at this point. Could it be that no one can thrive on this defensive scheme?
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

We don't have the Defensive line Miami does
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X