X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

The Good and bad signs from last night.

Playing vanilla style of offense, the 1st offense didn't look so bad. It may take a few games but I think our O is way better than it was last year.

Was Evans even in the game? Somehow I get the feeling either MM is keeping him a secret.

Everytime Drew dropped back to pass, I don't get the sense of confidence anticipating the OL to breakdown and based on history, Drew is the worse qb under pressure. After slow motion replays, he's been doing well. That play challenge called by Mularkey was Shaw's fault. Had he not slowed down, Drew would've hit him right on the nos.

Might not have been on the nos. but Moulds should've made that catch for a 1st down.

We were running without Henry. Otherwise we would've moved that ball w/ ease and eventually punched that ball into the end zone. our passing game was not all that because Henry wasn't there to open up our passing game.

What's up w/ Moorman lately?

Our pass D is still a concern but overall our D is still tight. Sure it's preason but the Colts O have been together for quite sometime and our O is fairly new.

MUlarkey should just play the back-ups in the next preseason game. Bench all our starters. Put Wire in at FS and let him get prepared. Baker is one hell of a hitter. Run Rashaud more and see what he's got. He may even be a better rb than WM until Willis is 100%. Keep Aiken in there.

We should make all our mistakes in preseason.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • saviorbledsoe
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
    Playing vanilla style of offense, the 1st offense didn't look so bad. It may take a few games but I think our O is way better than it was last year.

Was Evans even in the game? Somehow I get the feeling either MM is keeping him a secret.

Everytime Drew dropped back to pass, I don't get the sense of confidence anticipating the OL to breakdown and based on history, Drew is the worse qb under pressure. After slow motion replays, he's been doing well. That play challenge called by Mularkey was Shaw's fault. Had he not slowed down, Drew would've hit him right on the nos.

Might not have been on the nos. but Moulds should've made that catch for a 1st down.

We were running without Henry. Otherwise we would've moved that ball w/ ease and eventually punched that ball into the end zone. our passing game was not all that because Henry wasn't there to open up our passing game.

What's up w/ Moorman lately?

Our pass D is still a concern but overall our D is still tight. Sure it's preason but the Colts O have been together for quite sometime and our O is fairly new.

MUlarkey should just play the back-ups in the next preseason game. Bench all our starters. Put Wire in at FS and let him get prepared. Baker is one hell of a hitter. Run Rashaud more and see what he's got. He may even be a better rb than WM until Willis is 100%. Keep Aiken in there.

We should make all our mistakes in preseason.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
      I take it back....Drew sucks
      sacrifice1

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

While I enjoy your optimism. The offense has been unable to run the ball regardless of who is in: Henry, Willis, or Shaud. The OL has looked horrid. And we are still getting no pressure on the QB. This has all the makings of last year plus injuries.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Lindell has one hell of a powerful leg. That ball sailed practicaly close to the top of the post from 49 yds. Problem is, he's not accurate .
          sacrifice1

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jul 2003

I take it back....Drew sucks

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              While I enjoy your optimism. The offense has been unable to run the ball regardless of who is in: Henry, Willis, or Shaud. The OL has looked horrid. And we are still getting no pressure on the QB. This has all the makings of last year plus injuries.
              Obviously We view preseason games from a different perspective. I just look for team chemistry. Has the first team looked confused in any of the preseason games? IMO not. They were lost more in last years regular games . I don't expect them to light it up in preseason games. These preseason games are just a way to get teams to get a feel after a long off season and an audition for hopefuls. It a way to wean teams back into the regular season. Practice in other words.

We tend to forget how Marv's team was always horrible in preseason.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Obviously We view preseason games from a different perspective. I just look for team chemistry. Has the first team looked confused in any of the preseason games? IMO not. They were lost more in last years regular games . I don't expect them to light it up in preseason games. These preseason games are just a way to get teams to get a feel after a long off season and an audition for hopefuls. It a way to wean teams back into the regular season. Practice in other words.

We tend to forget how Marv's team was always horrible in preseason.
                Team Chemistry is all fine and dandy but I look for some semblance of progress in a teams overall play and looks more and more like this team has taken steps back rather than forward. How can you honestly compare Marv to MM?? We understood that under Marv the preseason was gonna be bad but they were gonna be ready come regular season. We have no idea about that with MM...
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Team Chemistry is all fine and dandy but I look for some semblance of progress in a teams overall play and looks more and more like this team has taken steps back rather than forward. How can you honestly compare Marv to MM?? We understood that under Marv the preseason was gonna be bad but they were gonna be ready come regular season. We have no idea about that with MM...
                  How do you base last night game as a step back when Henry wasn't even playing?I don't even think our O even tried. Up until last night, how long has our O been on the field to even make any significant signs? Like I said, we see things from a different perspective. Neither one of us is wrong.You see them moving backwards, all I saw is promise of a better O than what we had last year. Anytime you play basic offense, the opposing D will always have an advantage.
                  Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-29-2004, 01:25 PM.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• HenryRules
                    • Jul 2002

Our first-strinng offense didn't even get into the Colts red zone ... The Colts!! Not the Cowboys, not the Pats, the COLTS, one of the worst defenses in the league.

How on earth can you have any optimism about our offense after a performance like that.

It's preseason, so I can understand you saying to take the result with a grain of salt or something like that ... but to say that our offense didn't look so bad, come on!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

How do you base last night game as a step back when Henry wasn't even playing?I don't even think our O even tried. Up until last night, how long has our O been on the field to even make any significant signs? Like I said, we see things from a different perspective. Neither one of us is wrong.You see them moving backwards, all I saw is promise of a better O than what we had last year. Anytime you play basic offense, the opposing D will always have an advantage.

Where the hell has Henry or any RB for that matter had any type of an impact this preseason. Our O has turned out 3 **** performances plain and simple.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

preseason.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

I don't even think our O even tried.
                          If that's true, that's even worse. That means not only is the talent lacking, that means MM/TC are not motivating them properly.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                            • Apr 2004

Shaud Williams looked pretty good to me- fairly quick to the hole and ran hard. Joe Burns looks expendable to me.

I saw Mike Williams take out two guys springing McGahee for a nice gainer. Then on a 3rd and 8 he almost completely whiffed on a pass block and Bledsoe had no chance. That seems frighteningly like last year.

I have only seen parts of 2 games but DB is getting rid of the ball most of the time very quickly and accurately.

I'm a very concerned fan about the OL but I think we also have to be patient with this group. The injuries have kept the OL from working together much. Tonight Jennings did not play and IMO he is the best player on the line and as the LT the most important. Villarial is new to the team and Smith has never started a regular season game so again they need time to gel. Sullivan and Puccillo are guys I really don't even want on the team.
                            finsrclowns

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by finsrclowns
                              Shaud Williams looked pretty good to me- fairly quick to the hole and ran hard. Joe Burns looks expendable to me.

I saw Mike Williams take out two guys springing McGahee for a nice gainer. The on a 3rd and 8 he almost completely whiffed on a pass block and Bledsoe had no chance. That seems frighteningly like last year.

I have only seen parts of 2 games but DB is getting rid of the ball most of the time very quickly and accurately.

I'm a very concerned fan about the OL but I think we also have to be patient with this group. The injuries have kept the OL from working together much. Tonight Jennings did not play and IMO he is the best player on the line and as the LT the most important. Villarial is new to the team and Smith has never started a regular season game so again they need time to gel. Sullivan and Puccillo are guys I really don't even want on the team.
                              To tell you the truth I don't see why everyone is so worried about the line.... Sullivan WAS why it looked so bad last night.

Other then him, it looked fine. Especially the interior.
                              You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍