PDA

View Full Version : Bills lose SS Milloy, QB Brown

G. Host
08-29-2004, 12:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/7624318

Buffalo lost starting safety Lawyer Milloy and backup quarterback Travis Brown with injuries during their 30-17 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Milloy broke his right forearm when he jarred the ball loose from Colts receiver Brandon Stokley in the third quarter. He is scheduled for surgery.

TigerJ
08-29-2004, 12:44 PM
He's quoted as saying he's hopeful he can start for the opener. That would be good, though Coy Wire looked pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing him start a game at SS just to see where he is at this point.

Jan Reimers
08-29-2004, 03:39 PM
He's quoted as saying he's hopeful he can start for the opener. That would be good, though Coy Wire looked pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing him start a game at SS just to see where he is at this point.
I was thinking the same thing. It's almost getting to be make-or-break time for Wire, who I believe has great athletic talent. He just might give us a big lift if he plays the way many of us think he can.

NC-BILLS44
08-29-2004, 04:17 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It's almost getting to be make-or-break time for Wire, who I believe has great athletic talent. He just might give us a big lift if he plays the way many of us think he can.

Amen to that!!!!! I hope he can show us something.

Mr. Miyagi
08-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Sounds like it's just a hairline fracture if that's the case. Otherwise no way he'd be albe to play until Week 6.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 04:54 PM
The Brown injury worries me alot more. Wire should do well now that he is back in the position he should have been in from the start. But losing Brown is trouble. BIG trouble.

You know that with our oline that the chances of Drew getting dinged up are fairly good (unfortunately, as I don't want to see anyone get hurt).

Zolman is crap and there really isn't anyone left out there that is worth much more. Redman maybe....Stewart definitely, although he probably won't be cut. After that....I dunno....but it is now more important than ever that Drew stays healthy. Crazy idea, but maybe TD should get Pace. Something HAS to be done to improve this line or Drew is going to go down and then so will the rest of the season.

Slim
08-29-2004, 07:24 PM
Drew is one of the most durable quaterbacks i nteh nfl, i would be highly suprised to see him go down with an injury, brown going down is something to worry about. but zolman did look pretty good last night.

Jayhawk
08-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Drew is one of the most durable quaterbacks i nteh nfl, i would be highly suprised to see him go down with an injury, brown going down is something to worry about. but zolman did look pretty good last night.
oh he's durable as long as he's line is blocking for him or he's not running for his life.

G. Host
08-29-2004, 08:39 PM
Drew is getting more and more vulnerable to concussions.

gsobie
08-29-2004, 08:50 PM
The Brown injury worries me alot more. Wire should do well now that he is back in the position he should have been in from the start. But losing Brown is trouble. BIG trouble.

Even before Brown went down, we were screwed if Drew got hurt for any length of time. Just because Brown is out now doesn't change that.

Mr. Cynical
08-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Even before Brown went down, we were screwed if Drew got hurt for any length of time. Just because Brown is out now doesn't change that.
I don't necessarily agree. It depends on what you mean by length of time. I think Brown could have definitely stepped in and played 2-3 games without embarassing us.